DivII All District Team selections

soccerfan11
Waterboy

DivII All District Team selections

Post by soccerfan11 »

Does anyone have a complete list of the DivII All District Team selections? Our coach announced the players who received the honors, however, have not seen the complete list anywhere. Local newspaper and radio station have no info.

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: DivII All District Team selections

Post by soccerfix »

You might want to try Fort Knox.

fanofsoccer2008
Waterboy

Post by fanofsoccer2008 »

It is my understanding that the District awards will not be released to the media until either the District all-star game this Sunday, or until the last team from the SE District has been eliminated from the tournament. I could be mistaken however

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

It's nice to know who is playing in the game after the fact.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

gotta agree soccerfix. awards leave you scratching your head.

soccerfan11
Waterboy

Post by soccerfan11 »

Very interesting, since a local radio station has reported the volleyball All District Teams and their all-star game isn't until Nov. 15th! If more people knew who was actually playing they might come to watch for scouting etc.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

I told this story in the past, but thought it is worthy to repeat. When my son was a sophomore he went to the district game to watch one of his friends. He purchased a program and found out that he had made 2nd team all district.

2Blue
Waterboy

Post by 2Blue »

I guess we can get a program at the game tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) at University of Rio Grande.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point's girls Kayla Fletcher 1st team, Erin Dillow 2nd team

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Not trying to be disrespectful but I cannot believe that Erin Bane or Morgan Gumm did not receive player of the year - from what I heard eastern browns coach got the coach of the year ???? Looks like the "U" did not get any love.

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=7808128

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

^^^^
There are a couple positives that come out voting for Unioto.

-Motivation for next year. They will already improve with age and a good 8th grade class that will provide depth. Now, 2 straight years of getting overlooked for district POY for both of them should push them a bit more.

-Knowing those girls, this won't actually bother them at all. Very, very team oriented players who care about team first, others second, and themselves last.

A great group of girls(more then just the two mentioned above) who work hard and deserve the success that they had this season. Look for them to push harder to not only win the district again next season, but to win the region. They have tasted success, but also saw what they have to do to achieve a greater goal of reaching the final four. They have the will and the coaching staff to get them there, just have to avoid injuries and The U should have another great season.

On the side, congrats to the POY's and to all of the players who made All-District, it's a nice reward for all of your hard work throughout the years. And a big congrats to the COY's, as a former coach, I know how much hard work goes into each season and how much time is spent behind the scenes as well.

Return to “Soccer”