West 2011

soccerguru
Waterboy

Re: West 2011

Post by soccerguru »

Watched West play a super depleted South Point team last night. After scoring 2 goals in the first 5 minutes it looked like West may pull out a few wins this season. Almost immediately in the second half S. Point scored and the West teams of old came out. Stupid penalties and playing "me" ball and not team ball got them playing on heir heels. then the surprise of the night, with the score 3-1, West coach pulls her starting defense and puts in JV defense. To no surprise West gave a game away. 3-3 tie. Threw it away again. Gonna be a supe long year with West players playing for themselves and the coach makiing bone head calls.

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

I wouldn't say South Point is super depleted

and who knows the thoughts behind the decisions a coach makes. Maybe it was a wrong decision, but if you are trying to rally the troops against the coach - you will make things even more difficult for the team

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

I've played South Point and I would say this years team is the most depleted I've seen, and I'll be the first to tell you that I couldn't tell you what the coach was thinking. But the outcome of her decision speaks for itself. I would understand putting in JV when you're up by 3 or 4 but when you are barely keeping the other team at bay with your starters the JV should have stayed on the bench in my opinion.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Somehow they managed to blow another 3-0 lead tonight against Chesapeake.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Senators_soccer wrote:I've played South Point and I would say this years team is the most depleted I've seen, and I'll be the first to tell you that I couldn't tell you what the coach was thinking. But the outcome of her decision speaks for itself. I would understand putting in JV when you're up by 3 or 4 but when you are barely keeping the other team at bay with your starters the JV should have stayed on the bench in my opinion.

South Point is down and are playing ALOT of freshmen. Watch out in a few years those freshmen will be seniors and when the handful of 8th and 7th graders get up there they will be even better. In Last night's win over Valley at one time SP had 9 freshmen in the field!

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

West is not a "team". They all think they are better than each other and start pointing fingers at each other when things don't go right. They do nothing but complain about everything. The WHOLE team needs to suck it up and quit complaining and play as a team and not me,me,me. That is putting it as nicely as I can without getting banned. If you have not been around this "team" all year don't say anything. They have the ability to be good but as long as they continue the way they are they won't be. The coaches try but the kids don't listen.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

wemufans wrote:
Senators_soccer wrote:I've played South Point and I would say this years team is the most depleted I've seen, and I'll be the first to tell you that I couldn't tell you what the coach was thinking. But the outcome of her decision speaks for itself. I would understand putting in JV when you're up by 3 or 4 but when you are barely keeping the other team at bay with your starters the JV should have stayed on the bench in my opinion.

South Point is down and are playing ALOT of freshmen. Watch out in a few years those freshmen will be seniors and when the handful of 8th and 7th graders get up there they will be even better. In Last night's win over Valley at one time SP had 9 freshmen in the field!

9 freshmen is hard to believe, sorry

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

goUK wrote:
wemufans wrote:

9 freshmen is hard to believe, sorry

Freshmen: Sloan, Kelley, Rickard( goalie), Kearns, Huff and possibly Woods are all starters so why is it hard to believe that they subbed and had 9 freshmen in the game? If you would have seen the middle school team last year who "scrimmaged" the SP JV and totally killed them last year you would see they are really good!

soccerguru
Waterboy

Post by soccerguru »

I agree with Shawnee. If you havent been around the team to see their practices or their games you cant speak. They have talent but they are cluelss on how to put it together. Honestly this is one of the most talented West teams for a while but their is alot of showboating and alot of really dumb penalties. At this point the coach really needs to get ahold of her team and reign them in. And as for the comment bout me trying to get the kidsto turn on the coach, you obviously havent seen them practice or play. They have done that for themselves. I just call it like I see it. that team has lost its direction and needs to get back on track or this year is going to get ugly.

Return to “Soccer”