Portsmouth West Girls Soccer

Buckeye24
Varsity

Portsmouth West Girls Soccer

Post by Buckeye24 »

West finally decided to field a girls team this year. Right now they're having trouble with getting girls to come out and scheduling games, so if anybody could get the word out, that would be awesome.

Tower
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth West Girls Soccer

Post by Tower »

Kudos to West for stepping up. Other schools in this county should follow their lead. Watching youth soccer for last several years I know there is interest out there with the girls. Good luck to the Lady Senators!

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Can't help with getting the girls out but get in touch with Minford's coach and he may be able to help with information on where they might be able to pick up some games. Glad to see this happen. Minford has went it alone for a long time and the girls are there and ready to play every year, even though they have to travel a lot to get in games. West would be a great pick up game if the schedule allows for it.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

West has always had several girls on their coed team! I hope the girls come out and you can get the team started. Good Luck!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Here are some of the teams from the Southeast District and a few Kentucky schools that are not too far to travel.

Lynchburg, Clay, Albany Aleander, Seaman North Adams, Minford, Peebles, Zane Trace, Leesburg Fairfield, West Union, Miami Trace, Logan Elm, Unioto, Athens, Circleville, Hillsboro, Greenfield McClain, Eastern Brown, Chesapeake,South Point, Chillicothe, Marietta, Jackson, Washington Court House, Lancaster Fairfield Union, Vincent Warren.

Some of the closer Kentucky schools are: Boyd Couty, East Carter, West Carter, Ashland,Russell and Greenup County.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Unioto is in dire need of additional JV / Freshmen games. We would love the opportunity to have our JV play ! IM me if you are interested. Good to see new programs develop ! Best of luck to you !

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Way to go West. Best of luck. Let's hope some of the other area schools will step up and follow.

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Does anyone know who West coach is?

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Anyone know how many teams there has to be in order to have a girls SOC? Now there are two and hopefully enough will follow in the next few years to create a girls SOC division.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

bleacherwarmer wrote:Does anyone know who West coach is?
No one has been hired yet. There is a school board meeting in a few weeks, so we should know by then.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I hope things work out, but I am surprised the West school board would approve adding a new sport when there isn't enough girls to field a team (yet), nobody committed to coach and no schedule. Seems a little backward to me. The season starts in a month....

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

They had 20+ girls signed up, but only a portion of those showed up. They also FINALLY hired a coach last week, who will coach both teams.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Who did they get to coach? I don't think they will have problem fielding a team. I watched one game last year and thought they had more females on the team anyway. As far as the schedule, I am sure the Adams and Ross county schools would be happy to schedule more games, as well as Minford. Who knows, maybe Wheelersburg and Northwest Schools might make their push and have enough for a SOC competition.

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

They are already on Minford's schedule twice.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

They hired Larry Goodwin. Someone told me he used to teach at Washington-Nile's alternative school and he used to play baseball semi-professionally, but I'm not completely sure about that. I haven't heard of him until now.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Good luck to Coach Goodwin.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West has scheduled 6 games from what I've heard. Anybody know any teams outside of Minford that are looking to pick up some games? If so, try to get in contact with the athletic director; I'm sure the girls would love to play more than 6 games.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Contact Zach Breth up in Chillicothe High School. Don't know if he can put them on their schedule or not but he knows a lot of people.

SP soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by SP soccer »

Contact the kentucky schools

Ashland blazer
Greenup co.
Boyd co.
West carter
East carter
Russell

Return to “Soccer”