2012 Boy's Scores

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Re: 2012 Boy's Scores

Post by soccerfanatic »

socman wrote:The draw takes into account te entire season. Not just vs teams in the sectional. Athens has had a couple games that will really hurt them. As have chillicothe and warren. As for athens i am referring to albany and south webster.
The only game that hurts Athens is the first game of the year with the South Webster loss. Alexander (not "albany") has a very good team this year only has two losses so far... and Athens beat Alexander, by the way. With Waverly's relatively weaker schedule compared to the rest of the sectional, Waverly has to make a case for accomplishments in comparison to the district. People can argue till they're blue in the face about strength of schedule, but it's hard to argue head-to-head. What games truly help Waverly make an argument to justify a higher seed in the head-to-head? Chillicothe? Well, Athens beat them too, but did so at Chillicothe's field. Jackson? Athens beat them on the road as well... and Athens beat Waverly in the head-to-head. Will Athens get voted above Waverly? Highly doubt it, but as I said before, I think Unioto, Warren, and Marietta are the three best teams we've played and I agree with danicalifornia that Warren and Marietta will likely fight for #2 and #3.

My main point is that it's a little too early to start predicting #6 for Athens. I think folks got a little too comfortable with the idea of Athens being down there before waiting for the results of some of the games like the Chillicothe one. The only two things that are clear are this: 1. Unioto is the #1 seed. 2. All of the games for #2 on down will be incredibly close, intense games in the first round.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Good luck to the Peebles guys trying to get the school's first gold ball tonight against Ripley!

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

The D2 SE Dst seeding should be interesting....

Here is how I see it now...

1. Unioto
2 -3 Waverly or Warren
4. Marietta
5-6 Chillicothe or Athens
7. Jackson
8. Gallia

Warren has had a tougher scheduled than Waverly, but Waverly's overall body of work has been good and they have no "bad" losses. Waverly and Warren both beat Chillicothe by one goal at home. Warren beat Athens.... waverly lost to Athens. Tough call here as Waverly plays Marietta late and doesn't play Warren.

The 5-2 Warren win over Marietta recently has to weigh in to the equation, IMHO.

Athens (5-7-2) and Chillicothe (6-5-3) is a tough call. Athens beat Chillicothe 1-0 but was dominated throughout the game. Chillicothe had wins against two teams that Athens lost to (Marietta and Warren) but beat Chillicothe head-to-head and won vs Waverly, a team Chillicothe lost to. Both teams tied Fairfield Union. Chillicothe doesnt have any "bad" losses. They split with Warren, and lost to Reynolsburg, Unioto, Waverly, and Athens. The Warren, Waverly, and Athens were all by one goal. Athens lost one goal games against Marietta, Warren, and Unioto. I consider S Webster a bad loss and Alexander a bad tie.Very tough call....

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

How is the Athens tie vs. Alexander tie a bad tie, especially when Athens went on to beat Alexander in the rematch (the only team in Southern Ohio to do so)?

How can it count against Athens and not Warren (who tied Alexander 1-1)? Alexander is likely to be the #1 seed in D3 who tied Warren, Circleville, Jackson (a team Chilli tied too) and Fairfield Union in DII. The South Webster game... there's no disagreement on that.

I think Chillicothe's ties against Logan and the probable #7 team Jackson can hurt their cause in addition to the lopsided loss to Unioto 5-1. That's the thing about this year, though. I think everyone has good solid teams. However, everyone with more challenging schedules seems to have an issue with at least a black mark or two in the results or problems in head-to-head match-ups in the sectional. Except for Unioto, of course.

Chillicothe did dominate the chances against Athens. That's to be expected though as Chilli is extremely tough on that little, sloppy, poorly lit field and Athens is a team built around defense. Chillicothe certainly knows how to take advantage of home field over the years. I believe that was the first time in a very long time, if ever that Athens has beaten Chillicothe at Chilli.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield over Lynchburg 7-0
Hildebrant. 3-goals. 2-assists
Bates. 3-goals

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beat Ripley today 10-2(I believe). This puts Peebles at 13-0-1 and guarantees the first soccer gold ball in our school's history! Good job guys!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

We'll see about Alexander here in about 4 hours after their match with Unioto. Their wins haven't been impressive, but their ability to constantly get a result has been. Their 7 ties is an amazing stat.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 4
Alexander 0

Zupi with 2 goals and an assist, Hudson Park and Tyler Minney with the other goals. Starters all out with 20 minutes left for the Shermans. Now 13-0-0

goodsoccer8
Waterboy

Post by goodsoccer8 »

What are your thoughts on a score if the two best records (Unioto and Peebles) played?

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

Come on soccerfanatic....

Athens talking about a sloppy, poorly lit field? Don't disagree but,

How soon we forget....... Athens is just one recent tornado removed from the same sloppy field.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

I would like to see peebles against some better competition. The only legit team they play is minford and they tied. Peebles has some good players but i dont believe they would be deep enough compete with the better d2 schools.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Bucknuts wrote:Come on soccerfanatic....

Athens talking about a sloppy, poorly lit field? Don't disagree but,

How soon we forget....... Athens is just one recent tornado removed from the same sloppy field.
Bucknuts.... I was waiting for a response on that one. Hahaha.

Even as bad as our field was (and it was so bad it took an act of Nature to put ol' Rutter Field out of its misery), at least you could see what you were doing. Where'd you guys get those lights from? Admit it, you guys stole those little lights of a fleet of of 1971 Ford Pintos. (Here's my alternate lame joke: Mingo Park called, they want their lights back... C'mon old SEOAL fans, you know what I'm talking about.) All those years we played in regionals there, I was shocked Chilli got to host it. Chillicothe is a high quality program that deserves better facilities. In the meantime, Chilli smartly plays to their home field advantage really well.

We love our new field, of course, but it certainly is a different situation in terms of home field advantage for us as it used to be.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

goodsoccer8 wrote:What are your thoughts on a score if the two best records (Unioto and Peebles) played?
Peebles result against Minford and their tight game with Zane Trace, plus, the past non-success of the undefeated "West" teams in the tournament(McClain, WCH, Eastern Brown) makes me think that Unioto would win pretty handily. I'm sure Peebles has a nice side, but not getting tested yet could hurt them come the District Finals.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

goodsoccer8 wrote:What are your thoughts on a score if the two best records (Unioto and Peebles) played?
Unioto is probably better than any D3 team in the district.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Unioto.................5 or more!

Peebles, you should proud of what you have accomplished this year. The only way you will know how you stack up with Unioto is to schedule them next year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

a_c_m wrote:
Unioto.................5 or more!

Peebles, you should proud of what you have accomplished this year. The only way you will know how you stack up with Unioto is to schedule them next year.
I don't think it was a Peebles kid who posted that. But, I imagine Unioto will have at least one opening next season since a team cancelled on them the day before a game this year and will leave them with only 15 games this season

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

Peebles is a solid team and so is Unioto. It would be fun to see. Next year would have little bearing since Peebles graduates 9 seniors. They will be a good team but will not have the season they did this year. There is really no way that Unioto and Peebles can play this season so it is at best a speculation. They have not given up 5 or even 4 and only one had 3 and they still lost so I would not bet against Peebles at any of those levels!

alexandersoccer
Waterboy

Post by alexandersoccer »

unioto vs alexander: most alex starters were out with 20 min left in game also due to ref's inabiltiy to keep game under control. first 5 min of game alex keeper leaves game due to player playing him instead of ball, never returns! changed entire game! unioto good team-speedy, good ball control some real high flyers on corner kicks and crossed balls but different game with starting keeper!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The goalie may have stopped one of the other 3 goals, but Alex would have still gotten more than 1 shot on target to really make it a different game. The keeper had some really nice size to him and it was a shame that he got injured, hope he's alright for the rest of the Spartans season.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West 2
Northwest 2

Return to “Soccer”