2012 Boy's Scores

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Re: 2012 Boy's Scores

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Yeah, there's no need to go into double digits on ANY team. Come on! What goes around comes around though.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I know Wheelersburg holds the record, but that was back in the 90's. The game is on a different level of class now. Well, at least I thought it was. :(

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Guys, guys, guys, take it easy. It's peeples, what did you expect? Don't get all worked up about it. They have a good team this year and want people to know it. They'll get theirs come tourney time... just wait and see.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bigbadwolf wrote:Guys, guys, guys, take it easy. It's peeples, what did you expect? Don't get all worked up about it. They have a good team this year and want people to know it. They'll get theirs come tourney time... just wait and see.
What does "it's Peebles" mean? Im sure you and the team you support are the epitome of sportsmanship. As was obviously mentioned above their best players were pulled within 20mins of the start of the game and they didn't play with a full lineup of backups the entire second half. I'm sure more could have been done but I think it would be more disrespectful to Piketon to stand at midfield and play keep away with their players or pass them the ball the entire game then it would be to allow our bench to play as normal. Gallia beat them 15-0 the day before and multiple teams have scored 10 plus goals on them so it is pretty ignorant to act like this was just Peebles trying to run them off the field.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

oh wow, Gallia too? Well at least you have a friend at the bottom of the "Class" barrel. No need to kick a team while they're down. Its a shame really.

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

The funny thing is, peebles played w/ nine players the entire second half and people are griping on here about the score? No coach can tell his team not to play. That is disrespectful and if I was piketon, i would not want an opposing team not trying to play soccer. You can't learn that way. Soccer isn't basketball where you can play zone and pass the ball around just to waste time. And as far as padding stats, 11 different players scored from what I read above. That is not padding stats. Padding stats would be having two or 3 players with an insane amount of goals. Had that happened, then yes I could see a complaint being made. Must be some jealous fans on here or something of peebles great season they have going.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jazzhands88 wrote:oh wow, Gallia too? Well at least you have a friend at the bottom of the "Class" barrel. No need to kick a team while they're down. Its a shame really.
Good, apparently it was getting lonely in here. This game probably should not have been played. A coach isn't putting his team in a good situation when you play only a portion of a team that is 0-12 against one that is undefeated.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

titans842 wrote:The funny thing is, peebles played w/ nine players the entire second half and people are griping on here about the score? No coach can tell his team not to play. That is disrespectful and if I was piketon, i would not want an opposing team not trying to play soccer. You can't learn that way. Soccer isn't basketball where you can play zone and pass the ball around just to waste time. And as far as padding stats, 11 different players scored from what I read above. That is not padding stats. Padding stats would be having two or 3 players with an insane amount of goals. Had that happened, then yes I could see a complaint being made. Must be some jealous fans on here or something of peebles great season they have going.
Ok guys. U must not know soccer etiquette for one. For two, you must not know how GOOD coaches and teams handle these kinds of games/opponents. The comment of "you can't learn that way" was maybe the most uneducated soccer statement I've ever heard. Not to knock Adams county soccer, but yes there is a better way to learn. It's called putting stipulations on goals and possessions. Good teams do it. For instance I bet the coach never said "ok guys for the 17th goal of the game we are going to put 10 passes together and then cross one in and score on a header only." That's what good knowledgable coaches would tell their teams. So I'm not blaming the young men, they want to a score of course. But the point of this is that scoring over 10 is classless and humiliating to your opponent. You're right about it not being like basketball, there are so many more ways to score and put together goals in soccer which goes completely against the point you were trying to make. I apologize if you played the game, because it doesn't sound like it. But coming from someone that played the game, knows the game, and won A LOT of games on the high school level, I feel sorry that you don't understand that 19-0 is bad. Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore. And if you don't agree that's fine let's just see how many pebbles can put up next time. Go for 30 I guess.

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

Soccer etiquette? Peebles is undefeated. Piketon has not won a game. They have been beaten very badly all season and this is the first time you post on here about it??? Didnt see you posting about any other scores where piketon got beat badly, or any team for that matter goes. The game should have never been played if they were only going to bring nine players. Coach should have called and canceled. Next, so if peebles would have passed the ball around 10 times as you say and scored on a header 19 times, that wouldve made it okay??? Or what you are really saying is, peebles should have just passed the ball around once they scored 9 goals and played keep away from piketon and not try and score anymore. Since scoring double digits is not soccer etiquette, right? Yea, thats not going to happen at ANY level. Peebles played w/ 9 players, and played all their players from what we read above. There are teams that try and run the score up on teams and try to "pad" stats, peebles is not one of them. I wish the stat sheet was on here so we all could see that. In any sport, there are going to be teams that get beat badly, but what you are never going to tell your team is to lay down and not play hard, doesnt matter if its 1st or 2nd string, varsity or jv players. Maybe if peebles played with 7 players, would that have been soccer etiquette? lol c'mon

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

with beatings that piketon has taken i'm sure its been tough. i do agree that what comes around goes around. 10 goals are plenty. i would hate to be on the recieving end of teams that have to endure the payback. will the indians ever be on the receiving end of a 20 point beat down and could you imagine having to endure the wrath of a 30 point beating the pirates may have to endure? brings tears to my eyes thinking about it....OUCH

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

So what happened with SW and Wheelersburg?

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

wholly-Shnikeys nailed it, 100%! for me, 10-0 is max but thats still bad enough. after that, you shut it down and show some class. As you are easily approaching 10 goals, you put limitations on you team such as only scoring a 1 touch goal or headers only. in southern ohio limiting goals scored to only left foot even works. beating someone 19-0 is TERRIBLE. When Burg put up 28 goals (had some other high scoring games as well) I forever lost respect for the program until a new coach assumes the throne. Not only is 19-0 class-LESS, it kills programs that are usually trying to get off the ground. I know its not the kids fault here, so I wish them well but sorry coach you just lost a lot of respect in Southern Ohio.

kickin it
Waterboy

Post by kickin it »

Jeeps 24 Wheelersburg 22

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

kickin it wrote:Jeeps 24 Wheelersburg 22
Ha. Very funny considering the discussion at hand. Actual result Jeeps 2 Pirates 0.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford Falcons closed out the regular season on Senior Night with a 1-0 victory over the visiting Jackson Ironmen.
Falcons improve to 10-5-2. Next Wednesday DIII Sectional Final.
Go Falcons!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

newschool wrote:It was 19 -0. Peebles played 11 the first half and 9 the second. 20 in peebles pulled the front guys. His two best strikers only had 2 goals each, maybe 3. 11 different guys scored. Georgetown should be a good game on Friday!
Why would you play 11 against 9 at all? Everyone knows, including Peebles, that Piketon is struggling to get their soccer program back. When Wheelersburg played at Clay, the Pirates played with the same number that Clay had on the field the entire game. 19-0 is ridiculous..............

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West 2
Eastern 2

MHS_Soccer_Dad
Freshman Team

Post by MHS_Soccer_Dad »

Marietta 4 (Senior Night)
Morgan 0

Last regular season game at Rio Grande versus Waverly on Saturday.

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

svcbaseballfan wrote:Unioto actually hosts Valley on Saturday, then travels to Athens on Monday.

Does anyone know why Valley canceled????

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point 6 Northwest 1

Return to “Soccer”