South Webster @ Waverly 9/8/12 4pm

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Re: South Webster @ Waverly 9/8/12 4pm

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Waverly played well. They have good possession in the midfield and that sets up the attack down the flanks. Waverly had lots of shots in the first half but I wouldn't say it should have been 4-0 at the half. All but one was handled pretty easily by Swords.

The PK at the 60 min mark was a game changer because it was 2-1 at that point. After a close look at it - definitely a take down in the box. Pretty silly move by the SW player.

Purpero had a very nice goal less than a minute later that. SW didn't play with much energy after that

On the pitch - pretty silly statement to say that SW packs the box with players and that is how they have kept the score down in other games. How many games of theirs have you watched - One I'm sure. The 1st goal came 33 min into the half but you can call that early if you want. Waverly controlled SW so much that they forced them forward to allow counter attacks.

This will be good for the sw team. Playing division II schools will help them in the long run even if it was "far and away a very dominating 80 minutes".

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

[/quote]
vballsoccer178 wrote:"On the pitch - pretty silly statement to say that SW packs the box with players and that is how they have kept the score down in other games. How many games of theirs have you watched - One I'm sure. The 1st goal came 33 min into the half but you can call that early if you want. Waverly controlled SW so much that they forced them forward to allow counter attacks. ".

I apologize if my comments offended you but I do know in most box scores I have seen for SW usually no score in opening 40 mins and when your D did not pass the 35 even corners and or deep throws it was telling what the plan was play for 0-0 at half then who knows. Great showing by the Tigers Defense other than the one set piece that Webster scored on I counted only 1 other good opportunity to score. I hope Willie Bevens gets the recognition he deserves and Good game from Pixley he adds alot of speed to that back line. Good Luck to the Jeeps the rest of the way.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

onthepitch just knows everything there is to know about soccer....woah!

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

JuanMorales wrote:onthepitch just knows everything there is to know about soccer....woah!
Juan thanks for the compliment I really appreciate it.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

yawn :roll:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I love people who know everything a out soccer.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

yeah onthearmpit must be a soccer guru. vast knowledge of the game.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

bigbadwolf wrote:yeah onthearmpit must be a soccer guru. vast knowledge of the game.
soccer goonru is more like it. and i'm sure he does have a vast knowledge of red rover, hop scotch, and kick ball. great recess games in my opinion.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Back to topic... Obviously both of these squads are very good and very respectful to each other. Hopefully they both can continue their great seasons and go on to represent the SOC well in district play.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

socman wrote:Back to topic... Obviously both of these squads are very good and very respectful to each other. Hopefully they both can continue their great seasons and go on to represent the SOC well in district play.
Agreed. It would be nice to see the the SOC bring home two District Championships this year. Very possible for both teams.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

by the sounds of it, Waverly might win the state if onthepitch would guide them...so knowledgeable.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

jazzhands88 wrote:
bigbadwolf wrote:yeah onthearmpit must be a soccer guru. vast knowledge of the game.
soccer goonru is more like it. and i'm sure he does have a vast knowledge of red rover, hop scotch, and kick ball. great recess games in my opinion.
yea i agree, must have been the last one picked in kickball to know that much. hes probably the guy who came up with the annexation of puerto rico call. probably a xbox juggernaut as well. maybe hes just salty about something, someone please give this guy a hug before he starts telling everyone how to play the game. its ok man we all love u. nothin but love :aaaaa17

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

I am not from south webster, but onthepitch sounds as if he had negative feelings towards somebody. listen, waverly is a great team for the SOC, but for the size of school they are they are average at best when it comes tournament time. to beat SW and act like its the state championship is a little far. sw is still a good team, and will probably do better against schools their size than the tigers will. but i hope they both do well, good luck soc. lets all just get along lol

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

The moose is right! ELE!! Everybody Love Everybody.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Not sure of the issue with hard feelings...but I do know that Waverly is not average for a school of any size. They have wins over schools twice their size in Athens and Marietta over the past 2 seasons and were district runnerup in D2 last season. They are 22-3-2 over the past 27 games.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I in no way was knocking SW you have have to play to your strengths....I see SW best soccer is in front of them and will continue to improve. Their goalkeeper is a good player. Good Luck to SW the rest of the way.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

socman wrote:Not sure of the issue with hard feelings...but I do know that Waverly is not average for a school of any size. They have wins over schools twice their size in Athens and Marietta over the past 2 seasons and were district runnerup in D2 last season. They are 22-3-2 over the past 27 games.

Um... Athens has 60 more boys at the last count. Not exactly twice Waverly's size. However, certainly Waverly has a great program and has done well the last couple of years to branch out to play different teams. I think that's really helped them. Both Waverly and South Webster are doing better jobs at finding good games outside their conference. Both have great programs.

Return to “Soccer”