SOUTH WEBSTER VS. NEW BOSTON

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Re: SOUTH WEBSTER VS. NEW BOSTON

Post by realfutbol »

The score would have been different if New Boston would of kept the Mohr boy upfront to chase down the long ball. Instead he had to win the ball - play the ball - then chase down the ball...they need to keep the kid up front more often and find a player that can get the ball to him...this is no one man show...Jeepoholic...Fullers goal was a great miss kick that went in and his celebration was like they just won the SOC...act like you've been to the show before...COME ON MAN.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

realfutbol wrote:The score would have been different if New Boston would of kept the Mohr boy upfront to chase down the long ball. Instead he had to win the ball - play the ball - then chase down the ball...they need to keep the kid up front more often and find a player that can get the ball to him...this is no one man show...Jeepoholic...Fullers goal was a great miss kick that went in and his celebration was like they just won the SOC...act like you've been to the show before...COME ON MAN.
agreeed, kyle isn't typically like that. sometimes you just get caught up in the moment i guess. it was almost a great cross from the flank. instead is was a slop goal.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

RxBurgFan wrote:Here them yelling "pull". Are you shooting skeet or watching soccer?
Oh im shootin SKEET alright! Shootin SKEET all nite baby! cuz im an outdoorsman!

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

realfutbol wrote:The score would have been different if New Boston would of kept the Mohr boy upfront to chase down the long ball. Instead he had to win the ball - play the ball - then chase down the ball...they need to keep the kid up front more often and find a player that can get the ball to him...this is no one man show...Jeepoholic...Fullers goal was a great miss kick that went in and his celebration was like they just won the SOC...act like you've been to the show before...COME ON MAN.
im pretty sure new brownston celebrates like they've just won the SOC, MLS, and English Premier League anytime they ever score a goal. which lucky for most teams they play this year they wont have to see that. hopefully we dont have to see any hanky panky dancing again on tuesday when these two teams play again. 0-0 would be ideal

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

saveTHEnight wrote:yea just as i called this one, 5-0. sorry im late on the stats guys, was waiting on my iphone to download the new update! lol. its pretty sweet, anyways heres what i have:

Goals By Half................ 1........ 2........ Final
South Webster Jeeps ......2........ 3......... 5
New Boston Tigers .........0........ 0......... 0

Scoring summary: 1st Half: SW -- #23 Rockwell, Kahler (unassisted), 9:57; SW -- #24 Goddard, Seth (#11 Rowe, Derek and #13 Salisbury, Andrew), 37:54. 2nd Half: SW -- #2 Fuller, Denver (#13 Salisbury, Andrew), 66:09; SW -- #11 Rowe, Derek (#21 Lockhart, Sean), 74:32; 2nd Half: SW -- #23 Rockwell, Kahler (#21 Lockhart, Sean), 77:11.

SW N.Br
Shots 17 5
Shots on target 5 1
SOT % 29% 20%
Poss. 64% 36%
Fouls 7 11
Bookings 1 2
Interceptions 34 13
Tackles won 17 9
50/50 balls won 45% 55%

hope this helps paint a good picture of the game for those who couldnt make it out last night. i second the comment about the craziness of the fans. my only regret is that i didnt have a side for this one, but again i hoped they'd both lose, its hard to find a quality soccer game around here these days... i hope i never find myself in new brownston on a thursday night again. good luck i guess

Amazing stats. Brings up a point I am curious about regarding assists. I know it can be common practice to credit 2 assists per one goal. Burg might do like 4 assists per one goal. Anyway, when/where I played stats were one assist per goal, period. Curious to know how many programs credit the two assist stat when it occurs vs always one assist only stat....

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

A book keeper with too much time on their hands = 2 assists per goal
A book keeper who tries = 1 assist per goal
Average high school book keeper = goal scorer

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

Did a player for South Webster get a concussion is this game? I heard that they did. Any truth to that?

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

first off lets clear up the rumor. did a player get a concussion: no. did he get his bell rung: yes. now to clear up the stupidity. at what point does a goal become unassisted??? any one? any one? yes you billy. um when he takes more than 2 touches? CORRECT billy good for you. second question: if player A crosses, or throws the ball in to player B (1st touch) and he (B) flicks, or passes it on to player C (2nd touch), and he(C) then puts it in the back of the net, what is that called? Yes you billy again? A DOUBLE ASSISTED GOAL? Yes billy you are a brilliant 5th grader! now if we could just let the non soccer ppl aka: kickball folks know, the world might be a better (smarter) place.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

bigbadwolf wrote:first off lets clear up the rumor. did a player get a concussion: no. did he get his bell rung: yes. now to clear up the stupidity. at what point does a goal become unassisted??? any one? any one? yes you billy. um when he takes more than 2 touches? CORRECT billy good for you. second question: if player A crosses, or throws the ball in to player B (1st touch) and he (B) flicks, or passes it on to player C (2nd touch), and he(C) then puts it in the back of the net, what is that called? Yes you billy again? A DOUBLE ASSISTED GOAL? Yes billy you are a brilliant 5th grader! now if we could just let the non soccer ppl aka: kickball folks know, the world might be a better (smarter) place.
In no way does that answer the question I asked.........
But thanks for trying, maybe u should check with billy before responding to questions beyond your pay grade

Roxburg actually had an interesting response

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

bigbadwolf is an idiot. thats a fact. But, he is correct on the double assist.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Now being from the Burg, I'll admit, my "Soccer Knowledge" is not vast by any means. From my understanding, Wolf's interpretation/ explanation is valid and concise.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Now being from the Burg, I'll admit, my "Soccer Knowledge" is not vast by any means. From my understanding, Wolf's interpretation/ explanation is valid and concise.
Thanks guys, but all I was/am looking for was an idea on who( programs) count the double assist vs single assist only.
I don't need a definition to explain assists. I will give billy a gold star on answering correctly though

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Sounds like redcardboardbox needs a PAYDAY candy bar to help hold back the tears. so haha

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Redcard wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Now being from the Burg, I'll admit, my "Soccer Knowledge" is not vast by any means. From my understanding, Wolf's interpretation/ explanation is valid and concise.
Thanks guys, but all I was/am looking for was an idea on who( programs) count the double assist vs single assist only.
I don't need a definition to explain assists. I will give billy a gold star on answering correctly though
I know that eastern pike, piketon, and waverly dont use the double assist. weird. something about the pike county ymca indoor league. i guess a fight broke out about it a few years back because of an offensive award wrongly given to an eastern pike player. i actually love the double assist, sometimes it takes THREE to tango my friends! :aaaaa51

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I am not sure but i dont think i have ever seen a double assist credited in professional soccer? One assist per goal for me.

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

RxBurgFan wrote:A book keeper with too much time on their hands = 2 assists per goal
So what we are saying is the average high school book keeper is a goal scorer???

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

soft yellow card wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:A book keeper with too much time on their hands = 2 assists per goal
So what we are saying is the average high school book keeper is a goal scorer???
Yes I am. I have seen some book keepers that were, or could have been, great scorers. Both on and off the field... ;-)

Return to “Soccer”