D3 sectional seeding

goUK
Varsity

D3 sectional seeding

Post by goUK »

Rank them!!

West Schools: Adena, Clay, Eastern Brown, Fairfield (Leesburg), Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, Northwest, Peebles, Piketon, Portsmouth West, Valley, West Union. (12)

East Schools:  Alexander, Belpre, Chesapeake,  Eastern Beaver, Glenwood (New Boston),  Minford,  South Point, South Webster, St Joseph, Wheelersburg, Zane Trace.   (11)

Will southeastern be in there somewhere?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: D3 sectional seeding

Post by TribeManiac10 »

goUK wrote:Rank them!!

West Schools: Adena, Clay, Eastern Brown, Fairfield (Leesburg), Lynchburg-Clay, North Adams, Northwest, Peebles, Piketon, Portsmouth West, Valley, West Union. (12)

East Schools:  Alexander, Belpre, Chesapeake,  Eastern Beaver, Glenwood (New Boston),  Minford,  South Point, South Webster, St Joseph, Wheelersburg, Zane Trace.   (11)

Will southeastern be in there somewhere?
Peebles and Valley will fight for the 1 seed in the West. It will come down to how Peebles fairs against Minford in their next match.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm interested in seeing where Alexander is placed in the East. They are undefeated, but are also 5-0-6 and haven't exactly played a murderer's row of opponents. They face 5 strong teams to close the season, so I believe we'll see how they are at that point.

Peebles and Valley will fight it out, but I'm sure they would rather not have the 2 seed. The 1 seed avoids the East during District play and will have a very good shot at advancing to the Regionals. The 2 seed, however, has to get past the 1 seed from the East, which is traditionally very strong.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

For the Southeast east here is my first thought. The seeding is Oct. 7

1. Alexander (beat sw)
2. SW (beat and tied minford)
3. Minford
4. South Point (beat burg)
5. ZT (tied burg)
6. Burg (beat NB)
7. NB (beat St. Joe)
8. St. Joe
9. Belpre
10. Eastern
11. Chesapeake

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

1. Peebles 13-0-1
2. Valley 12-1-1
3. Fairfield (Leesburg) 8-6-1
4. Lynchburg-Clay 8-4-2
5. Eastern Brown 6-3
6. Northwest 5-7-2
7. Portsmouth West 5-6-2
8. North Adams 3-9-2
9. Clay 1-10-0
10. Adena 1-5-1
11. West Union 0-12
12. Piketon 0-12
This is based on the records as posted and found on this and the OSSCA site. Eastern Brown beat Lynchburg early in the season but Lynchburg has been building and they play again next week. Fairfield beat Lynchburg last night and moved up to third.
Last edited by newschool on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Peebles and Alexander with top seed. Falls off quickly after two seed in each group. Can peebles get out of the regionals?

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

They are a more than a 1-3 player team - no slight on any other teams but usually teams at our level have a few great players, then a few good players, then a few players that you hope at least not to do any harm. Peebles has a solid 11 players with great play coming off the bench. If my info is correct their two fast strikers have right at 20 goals each. The next 3 players are at 8-10 each. They have only given up 12 goals all season. Can they compete a Hiland (Berlin) or a Coshoctan or a Worthington Christian? They will give them a good game and are capable of scoring goals but only time will tell. Right now they are injury free and still building.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

vballsoccer178 wrote:For the Southeast east here is my first thought. The seeding is Oct. 7

1. Alexander (beat sw)
2. SW (beat and tied minford)
3. Minford
4. South Point (beat burg)
5. ZT (tied burg)
6. Burg (beat NB)
7. NB (beat St. Joe)
8. St. Joe
9. Belpre
10. Eastern
11. Chesapeake

I pretty much agree with what you have. South Point, Zane Trace and Wheelersburg should be 4-6 because they all three are equal. It just depends on the vote. SP is 9-3-1, Burg is 6-6-2 and Zane Trace is 4-6-2. Records may be a little off! Good luck to all!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The East District in D3

Steubenville Central Catholic 11-3-0
Coshocton 7-4-3
Berlin Hiland 8-4-1
Zanesville West Muskingum 8-5-1
Zanesville Rosecrans 3-9-2
Caldwell 1-2-0
Woodsfield Monroe Central 0-5-0

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

RxBurgFan wrote:Peebles and Alexander with top seed. Falls off quickly after two seed in each group. Can peebles get out of the regionals?
Peebles has a good record. How is their league this year. Their non-conference games that were close were Minford (T 1-1) and ZT (W 2-1).

I'm not convinced their schedule is strong enough to see them getting to the regionals. That's a tough road.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

817 wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:Peebles and Alexander with top seed. Falls off quickly after two seed in each group. Can peebles get out of the regionals?
Peebles has a good record. How is their league this year. Their non-conference games that were close were Minford (T 1-1) and ZT (W 2-1).

I'm not convinced their schedule is strong enough to see them getting to the regionals. That's a tough road.
Fairfield, Eastern Brown, and Lynchburg Clay are all pretty good this season. The rest of the league will probably not be a factor in the postseason. Honestly Peebles should have beat Minford when they played them. I was able to see that game and Peebles dominated possession but couldn't capitalize, 2 times they did score the goals were called back. I'm not sure how they would fair against Valley, the best team in the East, Webster, or Alexander but I would not bet against them against any other D3 team at the sub regional level. Zane Trace did tie Alexander and Wheelerburg but lost to Peebles.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

newschool wrote:1. Peebles 13-0-1
2. Valley 12-1-1
3. Lynchburg-Clay 8-3-2
4. Fairfield (Leesburg) 7-6-1
5. Eastern Brown 6-3
6. Northwest 5-7-2
7. Portsmouth West 5-6-2
8. North Adams 2-9-2
9. Clay 1-9-0
10. Adena 1-5-1
11. West Union 0-12
12. Piketon 0-12
This is based on the records as posted and found on this and the OSSCA site.
Peebles is 13-0-1 after today's Ripley game correct?

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

Peebles is a very talented well balanced team with alot of speed. I dont see them giving up many goals in tourny action.

I would'nt overlook the top teams in the SHL.

Fayetteville-also very balanced would be a handful in the east (but they go west)
Fairfield-Young and inconsistent but capable of beating anyone.
Eastern-another dangerous team that will be a tough out in tourny play
Lynchburg-not as deep as in the past but a well coached group.

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

Peebles is 13-0-1 with two games next week. Fairfield Leesburg smoked Lynchburg last night and I would love to hear the story on that one 7-0! Eastern Brown also fell to Leesburg in their last meeting 1-0 so Leesburg should be the 3 team in the formula above. Eastern has more than 9 games but they don't seem to be posted anywhere!

Return to “Soccer”