Peebles vs Alexander(District Final)

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Peebles vs Alexander(District Final)

Post by TribeManiac10 »

817 wrote:Anyone have stats on these two teams?
The only specific stats I know for Peebles beyond what is on Ossca.org is that Jonathan Pryor has 32 goals this season and Stone Crothers has 27.

ChuckNorris
Waterboy

Post by ChuckNorris »

Peebles 3-2, Pryor and Crothers are going to be hard to stop

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

I think both teams play 3 forwards. This true?

A lot of teams used to play 3 forwards, but not as many do now. Maybe with the right players this is best, but I would think that it would weaken the midfield.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I know Albany has a 3rd forward (Offensive Mid). For Peebles? no idea. I would like to see the stats of these two teams though.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I typically only follow D2 soccer but Peebles does have a pretty impressive record. I didn't see too many tough Non-Conference games on their schedule, did see some easy ones though. Stats may tell a different story, I just don't really know.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

i know alexandeer has a lot of good players, and i dont know what all the stuff you boys is saying.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

i know Pebbles has a lots of good players, and i dont know what all the stuff you guys is postin.

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

Who did peebles play??? Soft schedule if your putting up 19 against a team...Alexander always has a tough schedule to get them tourney ready...I see it Alexander 4 peebles 1

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

Peebles did play a pretty weak schedule saying they went 17-0-1 only tying minford and if minford was there biggest competiton that has to be pretty rough Alex always play a rough schedule for this reason here Spartans roll....!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

realfutbol wrote:Who did peebles play??? Soft schedule if your putting up 19 against a team...Alexander always has a tough schedule to get them tourney ready...I see it Alexander 4 peebles 1
Zane Trace, Minford, Fairfield, Eastern Brown, Georgetown, Fayetteville, and Lynchburg Clay are not soft teams. Alexander has the stronger schedule but if they were that much better than Peebles they would have proven it against Zane Trace. This game will be decided by 1 goal, 2 tops.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Zane Trace and Minford were decent this year. Alex for sure had the stronger schedule.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Zane Trace and Minford were decent this year. Alex for sure had the stronger schedule.
Eastern was about as good as Minford. Fairfield took Valley to overtime. Georgetown won 13 games and was put out of the tournament by Summit Country Day.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Zane Trace and Minford were decent this year. Alex for sure had the stronger schedule.
I would agree JollyP, Alexander played several tough D2 schools this year, now that I did some research.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
realfutbol wrote:Who did peebles play??? Soft schedule if your putting up 19 against a team...Alexander always has a tough schedule to get them tourney ready...I see it Alexander 4 peebles 1
Zane Trace, Minford, Fairfield, Eastern Brown, Georgetown, Fayetteville, and Lynchburg Clay are not soft teams. Alexander has the stronger schedule but if they were that much better than Peebles they would have proven it against Zane Trace. This game will be decided by 1 goal, 2 tops.

I know practically nothing about Peebles, so I don't know whether they're a great team with a relatively easy schedule or a decent team that looks better than they really are because of that schedule. The teams above aren't bad, but they're not as strong as who Alexander played. Compare those listed teams above with Warren, Athens, Marietta, Unioto, Fairfield Union, Circleville, and Logan. These are all schools bigger than Alexander with some strong players (Zupi, Huck, Koch) and tough teams. Alexander opponents averaged over a .500 winning percentage. Peebles... a dramatically bad .394.

It might be that Peebles is a great team and just wasn't tested severly. That's the fun thing about the state tournament... records and strength of schedule get thrown out the window. I suppose we'll find out if Peebles is that good or they've kidded themselves with a cake schedule. We'll find out if Alex's strength of schedule has prepared them or whether that rough schedule was in vain.

Good luck to the Spartans from your cross-county rival Bulldogs. Do Athens County proud!

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

Alexander by far has had the tougher schedule. There is zero debate about that. Win or lose, an adams county school having the year they did is still pretty good. I guess we will see tomorrow.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

817 wrote:Anyone have stats on these two teams?
Ok sorry for the wait on the stats. But what i have on Peebles is definitely worth the wait. Met a good adams county buddy of mine yesterday at the McDonald's on 32 (via portsmouth road... beautiful scenic route BTW), we exchanged some stats and even some game tape (made a deal to not share with any teams, so no dirty biz goin on). I wanted to find out what this Peebles team is all about, we've heard the hype all year... and i gotta tell ya, with what i found i can sure smell what the indians are cookin'... this team is impressive. Here is what I've accumulated from several sources about peebles and their unbelievable season to date... enjoy.

Peebles Indians 2012 Soccer
GARMIN says they're located between RARDEN and SEAMEN for all the scioto countians who've never been up that way...
17-0-1
Goals: 147 (Crotters 59)
Goals against: 8
Biggest win: VS Piketon (19-0)
Biggest loss: N/A
Preferred Terrain: Natural Grass (Scotts lawn & feed)
Mercy Wins: 16
Yellow Cards: 18
Red Cards: 0
Dangerous Plays: 14
Free Kicks: 29
Fouls: 62
Fouls against: 45
50/50 balls won: 84%
Penalty minutes: 33 (coaches decision)
Fans thrown out of games: 3 (sorry guys stats are stats)
Throw ins: 77 (Phemming 58)
Clean Slates: 15 (Ghay 15)
Times playing against less than 11: once (vs piketon)
Times playing with less that 11: once (vs piketon)
Corner Kicks: 34 (Schalker 16)
Miles traveled: 783 miles
Times stopping to eat after games: 6
Practice days: 65 (ohsaa suspicion)
Team motto: "think like indians, play like indians"
Favorite team saying: "score till the whistle"
Coaches: 3 (Buz Genzok, David Prayer, Valkyrie Genzok)
Average attendance: 67
SEOPS/LOCAL POLL RATINGS
Local Support: 8/10 - 80%
Intimidation Factor: 93%
Local Coaches Prediction: Lose in regional final
Peebles Local Prediction: State Champs
Keagan Prediction: Losing to Alexander 6-0

FINAL WORD: I was impressed with the stats i looked at and the games that i broke down and studied of this squad. What they lack in talent they make up with in killer instinct. They all want to score and love to bury their opponents into the dirt. Some players are a little chippy at times but every team has that. The coaches for this team have been much maligned in recent weeks with their bulldozer approach to winning. This team has made it clear, if you're in their way... you will get demolished.

I will not give a prediction at this time. I'm completely neutral and wish both teams well. Hope the stats will help you visualize the opponent for alexander tomorrow since i know a lot of seops nation has yet to see them play.

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

soccerfanatic wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:

I know practically nothing about Peebles, so I don't know whether they're a great team with a relatively easy schedule or a decent team that looks better than they really are because of that schedule. The teams above aren't bad, but they're not as strong as who Alexander played. Compare those listed teams above with Warren, Athens, Marietta, Unioto, Fairfield Union, Circleville, and Logan. These are all schools bigger than Alexander with some strong players (Zupi, Huck, Koch) and tough teams. Alexander opponents averaged over a .500 winning percentage. Peebles... a dramatically bad .394.

It might be that Peebles is a great team and just wasn't tested severly. That's the fun thing about the state tournament... records and strength of schedule get thrown out the window. I suppose we'll find out if Peebles is that good or they've kidded themselves with a cake schedule. We'll find out if Alex's strength of schedule has prepared them or whether that rough schedule was in vain.

Good luck to the Spartans from your cross-county rival Bulldogs. Do Athens County proud!
Man fanatic....where do you get all this knowledge on all teams everywhere....you really need to come out with a Southern Ohio Soccer Book!!!

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

Alexander 5 Peebles 1

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Peebles getting away from distractions tonight buddy told me. Supposedly staying at murphin ridge inn in near by west unioto to get away from local chaos. This is their year they keep tellin them that. Kids need to stay focused. What more than bed a breakfast focuses a kid in the spotlight. Hope they supply ponchos and umbrellas for this one. Gonna b sloppy even on artificial grass (natural turf). Indians will come to play. Mentally ready by the way of good coaching.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Peebles 1- Alex 0 @ halftime.

Alexander dominated the possession but struggled to create chances. Peebles #14 scored off a deflection on a corner in last 2 minutes of the half.

Return to “Soccer”