Peebles vs. Worthington Christian -- REGIONAL SEMI

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Peebles vs. Worthington Christian -- REGIONAL SEMI

Post by rxburgfan »

From se district a district championship is like a state title. The regionals are a different story. Now you start getting into the whole public vs private debate. In soccer the private almost always wins. Look at your final four team from each division. Says a lot. Good luck indians

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

RxBurgFan wrote:From se district a district championship is like a state title. The regionals are a different story. Now you start getting into the whole public vs private debate. In soccer the private almost always wins. Look at your final four team from each division. Says a lot. Good luck indians

This statement says a lot.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

For the east district, beating Worthington Christian is like a state title.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

hhs wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:From se district a district championship is like a state title. The regionals are a different story. Now you start getting into the whole public vs private debate. In soccer the private almost always wins. Look at your final four team from each division. Says a lot. Good luck indians

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

jazzhands88 wrote:For the east district, beating Worthington Christian is like a state title.
And this statement says a lot.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

Peebles is not the favorite, their game plan is kickball which will not work against the defending state champions, Alexander dominated possesion just couldn't finish around the net, they should have had a tougher schedule to prepare for this game, their schedule was way too weak: Worthington Christian 4-0

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

How does Peebles match up against WC position wise?

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

thebig29 wrote:Peebles is not the favorite, their game plan is kickball which will not work against the defending state champions, Alexander dominated possesion just couldn't finish around the net, they should have had a tougher schedule to prepare for this game, their schedule was way too weak: Worthington Christian 4-0
Peebles gameplan is counter attack with their two fast strikers...Alexander played a sweeper 15 yards behind their defensive line. Negated their attack and stopped the counter attack. Alexander only had a few clean shots on target. The main one was in 1st overtime which Peebles goalie made a great save. Worthington Christian is favorite for sure. Dont know who said peebles was favorite, cuz that is dumb. Private vs Public, private is probably always favorite i'd say.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

I expected people to have a little fun with my statement. It wasn't meant out of any disrespect, it was simply an observation that over the years I have noticed this attitude amongst many/most SE teams that winning districts was their sole goal and was "good enough". My experience in life and sports for that matter is that you often get what you aim for. Aim low and you'll achieve low. How about a little ambition?

You all have permission to tell me that I'm wrong, I'm sure that you will, but I think my statement was an interesting one and fair one based on my 13 years of observations competing against a variety of schools in the SE district in D3. I can think of only 1 school that I would describe as consistently "ambitious". I would add as well that I don't think the East district schools have any inherent advantages over the SE schools yet have consistently fared better.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about.

WE ARE PEEBLES!!!!!

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

I think Peebles goes into this game as a huge underdog, but at the same time, if WC just walks in thinking it will be an easy game and dont gameplan like alexander did, peebles could get a score or two...and if the weather is going to be terrible like it looks like it will...never know what may happen...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

i've called for the upset all along and I'm stickin to my guns. Peebles will take this one due to underestimation, conditions, and heart. 2-1 Indians.

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

titans - why do you say Alexander had no game plan?

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

817 wrote:titans - why do you say Alexander had no game plan?

Where did i say they didnt have a game plan? I said their gameplan was to stop peebles counter attacking gamelplan....they marked peebles strikers and had a deep sweeper...peebles isnt a possession team at all..they are all counter-attack with that speed they have....it has worked thus far, but not against alexander...I did say i dont think WC will have that same gameplan..

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

tittans, what do you mean by saying "peebles isnt a possession team?"

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

Well, they dont possess the ball, making short passes working it up the field and trying to keep possession of the ball....that is a possession team....peebles doesnt play that game...thats what i mean...have you not watched them play? they play solid defense and try to counter attack with the long ball to their strikers...

titans842
Waterboy

Post by titans842 »

that's not a knock on them...thats just their game

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

WC 7
Peebles 1

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

titans842 wrote:Well, they dont possess the ball, making short passes working it up the field and trying to keep possession of the ball....that is a possession team....peebles doesnt play that game...thats what i mean...have you not watched them play? they play solid defense and try to counter attack with the long ball to their strikers...

titans what do u mean they try to counter attack with the long ball to their strikers?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

hhs wrote:I expected people to have a little fun with my statement. It wasn't meant out of any disrespect, it was simply an observation that over the years I have noticed this attitude amongst many/most SE teams that winning districts was their sole goal and was "good enough". My experience in life and sports for that matter is that you often get what you aim for. Aim low and you'll achieve low. How about a little ambition?

You all have permission to tell me that I'm wrong, I'm sure that you will, but I think my statement was an interesting one and fair one based on my 13 years of observations competing against a variety of schools in the SE district in D3. I can think of only 1 school that I would describe as consistently "ambitious". I would add as well that I don't think the East district schools have any inherent advantages over the SE schools yet have consistently fared better.

Wish it were that simple but its not. Two different soccer worlds exist right now. Draw a line from Cincinnati to the NE Ohio and see how many state champion teams come from the top half. It will change and is changing but takes time. Getting some coaches with soccer "know how" around and that will help the soccer evolve. The optimistic "aim high" to achieve is great, but there also has to be a since of being realistic. If all it took was "aiming high" I would have been a heck of a striker for Manchester United. (dream sequence...I can see me now) Also,very hard for small schools with football programs to excell in soccer too. Smaller schools only have so many athletes.

Return to “Soccer”