Changes for 2015

4thgoal
SEOPS

Changes for 2015

Post by 4thgoal »

Does anyone know of any coaching changes for 2015 or any schools adding boys or girls soccer? Not much to talk about this time of year....

Open Jobs
Wheelersburg (boys)
Athens (boys and girls)
Bishop Rosecrans
Waverly
Berlin Hiland (girls)
Last edited by 4thgoal on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Flush
Varsity

Re: Changes for 2015

Post by The Flush »

Waverly is going to have a new coach, but I have not heard if they have hired anyone yet.

There is also push to get a girls program started at Waverly. I don't know if it will happen this year or not, although rumor has it that some other schools have Waverly penciled in on their schedule.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Coach Williamson did a great job with the Waverly program and has set the bar high for the future. Of course he was blessed to have some good talent as well, but knowing how to position that talent on the field and keep everyone happy is truly a balancing act.

John Evans
Waterboy

Post by John Evans »

After making the Regional Finals in 2014, Bishop Rosecrans' coach left his position.... No replacement found yet!!

Any interested coaches? let me know and I can get the info you need to apply!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Soccerfan1 wrote:After making the Regional Finals in 2014, Bishop Rosecrans' coach left his position.... No replacement found yet!!

Any interested coaches? let me know and I can get the info you need to apply!!
That is interesting. Did he move on to another position or is he getting out of coaching?

John Evans
Waterboy

Post by John Evans »

He got a new job at another school and is no longer working at BRHS... He will be missed!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am sure he will be missed! Will he be coaching at his new school?

OSH
Riding the Bench

Post by OSH »

4th n Goal wrote:I am sure he will be missed! Will he be coaching at his new school?
As of right now, no. Coach Rucker and wife had their first child too. Taking some time off to be with the family. He may be joining the staff in some aspect, he has coached there before and is an alumnus.

Possibly get heavily involved in the youth soccer league to better the program from the bottom-up.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Soccerfan1 wrote:He got a new job at another school and is no longer working at BRHS... He will be missed!!
I see that this job is now posted on the OHSAA website.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Big one is the Athens job will be open

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Big one is the Athens job will be open
Very unfortunate situation

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I just saw the Athens news on channel 10, wow. Terrible situation

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly board approved the girls soccer program.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

TheFlush wrote:Waverly board approved the girls soccer program.
Good for the SOC girls to move up to 5 teams!

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

If Waverly wants to start off right they would be calling former Unioto girls coach Mark Williamson who was non-renewed.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

SVC Sports Nut wrote:If Waverly wants to start off right they would be calling former Unioto girls coach Mark Williamson who was non-renewed.
I know at least 5 Waverly 6th graders play for Coach Williamson's U12 travel team. There might be some younger ones on the U11 team. The parents of these girls were all instrumental in gaining approval for the varsity girls team.

I still have not heard who will coach any of the Waverly teams. Olivia Wilson coached the Jr High team last season and they had a pretty good win-loss record for whatever that is worth. I have no idea if she is returning or if she is interested in either of the varsity jobs.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Congrats to Waverly for starting girls team. Great for the SOC. Great for the girls. Good luck on upcomig season.

lilcountrygal23
Waterboy

Post by lilcountrygal23 »

TheFlush wrote:
SVC Sports Nut wrote:If Waverly wants to start off right they would be calling former Unioto girls coach Mark Williamson who was non-renewed.
I know at least 5 Waverly 6th graders play for Coach Williamson's U12 travel team. There might be some younger ones on the U11 team. The parents of these girls were all instrumental in gaining approval for the varsity girls team.

I still have not heard who will coach any of the Waverly teams. Olivia Wilson coached the Jr High team last season and they had a pretty good win-loss record for whatever that is worth. I have no idea if she is returning or if she is interested in either of the varsity jobs.
Congrats to Waverly for getting the ball rolling with their girls soccer program. Way overdue !

While I certainly would be interested in coaching the program I believe there are several qualified people within the school system who are interested and who I have a great relationship with and would not compromise that by applying for the job unless they approved.

I have several Waverly players on my U12 travel team. Teams better be looking out because they will be a force to be dealt with in a few years.

Complimenting the players are the parents who are without question the best parents I have dealt with in all my 16 years of coaching.

Waverly is going to have a great program and I wish them the best of luck !

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Classy as always Mark.

Wish you nothing but the best. I am sure that given time Unioto will be regretting this decision.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I believe they have already hired a coach
Last edited by 4thgoal on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Soccer”