Time/Location Changes for 10/14

4thgoal
SEOPS

Time/Location Changes for 10/14

Post by 4thgoal »

With the heavy rain we had late last week, I would imagine any games scheduled for tonight on grass fields that had football games played on them Friday night will be in horrible shape with the added rain today. Are there any games being moved due to field conditions?

socman
Varsity

Re: Time/Location Changes for 10/14

Post by socman »

Waverly hosts Circleville tonight at Piketon HS at 7:15

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

St. Joseph at Wheelersburg boys at 7pm (not 5)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

highflyer wrote:St. Joseph at Wheelersburg boys at 7pm (not 5)
The SEODAB brackets have not been updated, but the ones on the OHSAA site are much more accurate.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Lucasville Valley at Lynchburg Clay 7:15 start

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg girls @ St Joe is moved to Wheelersburg and time is now 1:00 on Saturday

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Post by BETTERTHANYOU00 »

Why the change in venue?

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Excellent question, Mr. Official. Was told because of poor field conditions at St. Joe, but game 3 days away. Who gives up home field advantage????

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

highflyer wrote:Excellent question, Mr. Official. Was told because of poor field conditions at St. Joe, but game 3 days away. Who gives up home field advantage????
My understanding is that it was in bad shape before the North Adams games were played Saturday and then a boys game Monday and girls game Tuesday were too much to recover from. Regardless if there was no more rain before Saturday, there was probably no grass left and it would be dangerous for all parties.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

From keeping up on tourney, I believe Eastern Brown was in the same position as St. Joseph (girls and boys playing back to back on muddy field). Wonder if they are moving their Saturday game to the opponents' home field? I think the Eastern boys were to play at home tonight, too.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

4th n Goal wrote:
highflyer wrote:Excellent question, Mr. Official. Was told because of poor field conditions at St. Joe, but game 3 days away. Who gives up home field advantage????
My understanding is that it was in bad shape before the North Adams games were played Saturday and then a boys game Monday and girls game Tuesday were too much to recover from. Regardless if there was no more rain before Saturday, there was probably no grass left and it would be dangerous for all parties.
I'm rooting for the SOC on this one but have to disagree with this call. I'm sure the pitch is in ruins and a new venue is needed, but why not a neutral site. That would only seem fair...

Return to “Soccer”