SOC II

socman
Varsity

SOC II

Post by socman »

SOC II is coming to a finish in the next few weeks and with Minford, Wheelersburg, and Waverly still level at 3-1-1 it could be a blood bath.
Remaining schedule:
Waverly - @ Northwest, @ Wburg , West
Minford - @ Northwest, West, Wburg
Wburg - West, @ Minford, Waverly

Wburg has the toughest remaining schedule but Northwest could play the role of giant killer as they already tied Burg and play Minford tonight and Waverly next week at their place!

Overall talent I would have to rank Wheelersburg # 1 and Minford # 2 but as we all know , talent alone doesn't win championships.

Should be some great HS games to finish the season! Hope everyone stays healthy .

Tower
JV Team

Re: SOC II

Post by Tower »

Northwest making it hard on the top three. Tied Minford 1-1 tonight.

Chumlee
Riding the Bench

Post by Chumlee »

After tying Minford tonight Mohawks last loss was seven games ago against Waverly.......and that was a tight one too losing 1-0. Mohawks not that caliber of a team yet but able to turn the tables on any given night if the stars align.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Chumlee wrote:After tying Minford tonight Mohawks last loss was seven games ago against Waverly.......and that was a tight one too losing 1-0. Mohawks not that caliber of a team yet but able to turn the tables on any given night if the stars align.
Also having the small home field advantage helps them a lot

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

OK, no one has ever answered me... DO THE MOWHAWKS REALLY PLAY ON A U12 FIELD???

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Tower wrote:Northwest making it hard on the top three. Tied Minford 1-1 tonight.
I see a pattern developing with home games at Northwest...maybe this U-12 field has a bit more impact then we are giving it credit for, not to take anything away from northwest though. It's not like they are just showing up and playing games like they did with burg and Minford, it takes some talent to play to ties with those two teams let alone a win. I think the field is definitely a factor in their recent efforts when these teams are used to being able to spread things out and they are limited with length and width. There are some good things going on with coaching and players there the past couple years. Keep it up! It's good for the conference!

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

jazzhands88 wrote:OK, no one has ever answered me... DO THE MOWHAWKS REALLY PLAY ON A U12 FIELD???
Measurement wise it is close to the equivalent of a u-12 field. I know of three u-15 fields bigger than northwest high school field this year.

Chumlee
Riding the Bench

Post by Chumlee »

Lol.....the field is the Jr. High football field. 100 yards is a 100 hundred yards lengthwise. It is more narrow do to fencing.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Northwest plays on JH football field. 116 yards long and 66 yards wide. Every team that played there this year knew where and what field they were playing on, so using the field as an excuse is just that, an excuse. OHSAA states field must be 100-120 yards long by 55-80 yards wide. Recommends HS 110x65. If field size gives teams such an advantage then I suspect other schools will change their field dimensions next year. What's next, the sun was too bright, it rained, too cold? You don't hear other schools complaining that fields are too big. Point is, NW field meets OHSAA requirements. Does it give NW advantage? No more than Burg's field gives them an advantage over NW or other schools with smaller non turf fields.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Tower wrote:Northwest plays on JH football field. 116 yards long and 66 yards wide. Every team that played there this year knew where and what field they were playing on, so using the field as an excuse is just that, an excuse. OHSAA states field must be 100-120 yards long by 55-80 yards wide. Recommends HS 110x65. If field size gives teams such an advantage then I suspect other schools will change their field dimensions next year. What's next, the sun was too bright, it rained, too cold? You don't hear other schools complaining that fields are too big. Point is, NW field meets OHSAA requirements. Does it give NW advantage? No more than Burg's field gives them an advantage over NW or other schools with smaller non turf fields.
I thought the Jr high finally ball field was just east of the soccer field.
The soccer field did not have football goals on it....I think it would be hard to play a football game without the goals.
Also, it is football season and there wasn't any football markings on the field.
So I think u might be thinking of the field next door. Because I think that soccer field measures 90-95 yds long x 55-60 yds wide.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Redcard wrote:
Tower wrote:Northwest plays on JH football field. 116 yards long and 66 yards wide. Every team that played there this year knew where and what field they were playing on, so using the field as an excuse is just that, an excuse. OHSAA states field must be 100-120 yards long by 55-80 yards wide. Recommends HS 110x65. If field size gives teams such an advantage then I suspect other schools will change their field dimensions next year. What's next, the sun was too bright, it rained, too cold? You don't hear other schools complaining that fields are too big. Point is, NW field meets OHSAA requirements. Does it give NW advantage? No more than Burg's field gives them an advantage over NW or other schools with smaller non turf fields.
The soccer field did not have football goals on it....I think it would be hard to play a football game without the goals.
Also, it is football season and there wasn't any football markings on the field.
So I think u might be thinking of the field next door. Because I think that soccer field measures 90-95 yds long x 55-60 yds wide.
I am part of Northwest Soccer Community. I usually move and stake the goals prior to the games, set corner flags and set game clock. Every home game has been played on JH football field. There is a soccer practice field below it. It is smaller and also where our u10 plays. Football field is lined with white paint and soccer with orange per OHSAA. Football goals are about 2 yards behind soccer goals. Are you sure you were at Northwest? After I seen the posts on here I went out to measure the field prior to Minford game. Yes, we know our field is not as big as Wheelersburg's field, we know it is not turf. But, it does meet OHSAA requirements.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Tower wrote:
Redcard wrote:
I am part of Northwest Soccer Community. I usually move and stake the goals prior to the games, set corner flags and set game clock. Every home game has been played on JH football field. There is a soccer practice field below it. It is smaller and also where our u10 plays. Football field is lined with white paint and soccer with orange per OHSAA. Football goals are about 2 yards behind soccer goals. Are you sure you were at Northwest? After I seen the posts on here I went out to measure the field prior to Minford game. Yes, we know our field is not as big as Wheelersburg's field, we know it is not turf. But, it does meet OHSAA requirements.

Thanks Tower
Good enough for me

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

Northwest is slowly becoming a contender. If you recall the last few seasons they went from loosing 5-0 to 2-0 or 2-1, all the way up to draws against Burg and Minford. Regardless of the field the game is still the same. How about we give credit where due and not criticize NW for the field. They have a good program going and coach Keeney will have his squad in the hunt for the gold ball very soon! Hats off to NW soccer.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

falcon80 wrote:Northwest is slowly becoming a contender. If you recall the last few seasons they went from loosing 5-0 to 2-0 or 2-1, all the way up to draws against Burg and Minford. Regardless of the field the game is still the same. How about we give credit where due and not criticize NW for the field. They have a good program going and coach Keeney will have his squad in the hunt for the gold ball very soon! Hats off to NW soccer.
You have to win games, not tie games to win the Gold Ball bird man. :mrgreen:

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

NW program coming along. One thing to not overlook in decisions this year is a 6'4" goal keeper with good skills. Keeper is a difference maker. Home field advantage regardless of circumstances is home field advantage. Good teams still have to find way to win on thenroad

Return to “Soccer”