Re: SOC Week 6

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg girls 3
St Joseph girls 2

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Now I see why all you Scioto Co. people complain about the refs. Had one today in the SJ/Burg girls game and it really cost us. Called back a goal for St. Joe and a girl from Burg deliberately batted the ball forward which resulted in their last goal. Definitely a hand ball, but "no call". Refs explaination, "unless it is deliberate or the hand in unnatural position-no hand ball". Well to me an arm extended over your head is an unnatural position.

St. Joseph Boys over Adena 6-0 same refs called and both sides complained about no hand balls called in that game as well.
Hard to teach kids when each refs interupt the rules differently.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't recall a goal being called back. There was one that hit side net that the Flyer bench thought went in, but the players for both teams on the field knew it wasn't in

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

SJ vs. Burg
Burg played well. Packed in the D and looked for chances to play ball through . The questionable goal was no goal. It hit the side of the goal. The last goal by Burg was off of a definite handball. The players arm went above her head and knocked it down, controlled it and kicked it in. There were probably 6-8 no call handlings throughout the game. Why? Who knows.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

highflyer wrote:Now I see why all you Scioto Co. people complain about the refs. Had one today in the SJ/Burg girls game and it really cost us. Called back a goal for St. Joe and a girl from Burg deliberately batted the ball forward which resulted in their last goal. Definitely a hand ball, but "no call". Refs explaination, "unless it is deliberate or the hand in unnatural position-no hand ball". Well to me an arm extended over your head is an unnatural position.

St. Joseph Boys over Adena 6-0 same refs called and both sides complained about no hand balls called in that game as well.
Hard to teach kids when each refs interupt the rules differently.
Lol. The burg girls aren't that smart at soccer to deliberately use the hand to bat the ball forward. That girl hasn't played since probably ten years old. She probably thought it was a basketball, but heads up to her for not anticipating the whistle. Of course the refs caused saint joe to lose. They were paid off by a few of the parents.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Burg played well. Officials didn't cause St. Joe to lose. They did blow that call, though!

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Minford girls tie Peebles 1-1

Return to “Soccer”