South Webster vs. Minford...9-11-14

SHAQ25
Waterboy

South Webster vs. Minford...9-11-14

Post by SHAQ25 »

Both teams are playing well, they tied 3-3 at Webster to open the season. Webster May have the defensive edge at this point in the season, Webster wins 2-1.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster vs. Minford...9-11-14

Post by Bigbadwolf »

This is Webster's game to lose. If they can avoid HUGE mistakes they should have no problem winning. SW- 2 M-2. Crap happens.

PS: Due to the lineup of games beforehand, the kickoff time is set for 7:30pm (which may change). I'll keep everyone posted.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

A classic battle of the leaders of the 2 divisions of the SOC. Minford has done really well with an entirely new back line and had 2 shutouts last week. Coach Gampp seems to be getting the defense settled in and I think Minford can take this one 3-1.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I see your point 4thGoal, Minford did just come off a 5-0 and a 7-0 victory, but the Jeeps are coming off 2 very difficult games both with intense level of play. I think the Jeeps will take this one. Falcons slipped by the first time, but they won't the 2nd.

Jeeps- 4
Falcons- 1

thedeasel84
Waterboy

Post by thedeasel84 »

Never thought I'd say this but I completely agree with jazzhands. I heard Webster's #4 Beevins was injured in practice and won't be playing but I think the Jeeps will still have the upper hand. We all know #22 Parry for Minford will be trying to look impressive by dancing on the ball all night but he'll be no real threat to score. Webster's defense will take care of Minford's offense and I predict #6 Cleaton for Webster to score a couple goals along with #2 Zibberman in a 4-1 win for the Jeeps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Jazz- Minford is coming off a 5-0 loss to Unioto not a 5-0 win.

Black/Red- I don't know about the SW guys but #22 for Minford's name is spelled Perry. I don't remember him doing much dancing against us but he did take several shots from WAY too far out.

After seeing both of these teams in action I have to go with SW 4-2.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If the above mentioned Beevins isn't playing, the advantage goes to Minford for sure. Although a sloppy field could take away some of the Minford speed advantage and slow the game down.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

With Beevins, Minford was going to win 6-2. Now I'm thinking 8-0 Minford

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Juan has no clue about anything. Minford seems to play really well at home. I'm going to take the Falcons 4-2

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

With a saucy field and beevens out the jeeps will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat to come away with a result in this game... I look for Stonebaugh and Holdeng to do some dirty work for the red black and white.

Minford 7
Jeeps 1

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

For the record, I think this is a ruse and the Webster faithful are working in collusion. But I 'll bite. What's up with Blevins.? What kind of injury are we talking about

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

UPDATES: As for the comments regarding Blevins, he's good to go for tonight's game last I heard. Now, regarding the game, kickoff is still set for 7:30pm (Confirmed with Mrs. Ruby). However, there may be some changes to the games beforehand (Girls, JV, Alumni,U-15, U-12, Donkey Futbol, etc.) Conditions may change the game plans for both teams tonight. GO JEEPS!!!

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Beevins this, Parry that, redcard is as goofy as a football bat... I'm tired of the ruse talk and all this ridiculousness. Cant we just play some soccer? 11 guys will play 11 guys tonight because mudford has girls team. Wonder why redcard aint brought up Title 9, its just a matter of time. The dynamics of this one have changed with the weather, rainy but now gonna dry up more than redcards personality. Fire up the ATVs in muletown and grab a seat for this one should be tons of fun. I look for the Gampp squad to run like a deer and the webster guys to just have a lot of fun out there. Heard from a guy earlier that on top of a 4 game display on tap tonight they'll be runnin split the pot and a greased pig chase at halftime. Must be fall in appalachia, but either way webster had advantage falcon cant play defense too well always sliding cleats up and in bad mood. the Loose jeeps come out tonight with easy win for soc 1 supremacy and stamp themselves as the cream of the crop in southern ohio. I think the nasty boys go off tonight... Im taking shankwiner with a hat tricky and rockingwell with 2 and zimberman with another nail in coffen direct kick. too much for the falcon. keep it clean and good luck

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Thanks for the shout outs moose knuckles. I can't see Webster taking 5goals on the falcons. I think piquet might do some damage on this surface for Gampps side and even things out. I'll go 2-2 tie.
As for the greased pig, please go easy on him moose. That's not how you make bacon

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

Going to be a nail biter, 16d style. South Websters sophomore group is large and in charge Blivens, Kayton, and Zimmerman may be young but when they get going look out. Always a different game when you have to play at Minford, surface before frost and after. Unlike playing at Webster when you get homered every game. Minford wins 4 to 3 on a direct kick with 2:36 to play.

thedeasel84
Waterboy

Post by thedeasel84 »

I also got word that Beevins is good to go. This basically means that the jeeps will slaughter the falcons. I'm going with THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE on this one and calling a 6-1 victory for Webster. Beevins with a hat trick, Zimmer with a free kick and a PK (Moose you and I both know that #22 for minford at the defensive mid will get a hot head tonight again and brutally foul someone in the box without thinking), and Shankwiner with a goal. The falcons will score from #11 to kick off the game to give them a confidence booster but that's all the defense will allow before the offense takes control of the game. Kickoff is at 7:30 and you best believe I'll be sitting in the stands eating one of Minford's finest hot dogs with a bag of popcorn, ready to watch a great match of fútbol tonight under the lights with low 70's temperatures. Can this night get anymore perfect?

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

I heard it was supposed to get down to 55 degrees tonight. My question is if I want to see some of the U-8 and U-10 game eat a hot dog, Head back home and watch some of the Biggest Loser, can I get back in the game? Or will I have to pay again? Next thing is what if the referees decide the field is unplayable by the time the sixth game starts. Is there a makeup date scheduled for the Varsity game in case this happens? One more thing will there be Hometown pizza or Giovanni's pizza for sale or just hot dogs and popcorn?

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

I'm all about that BACON!!! Concession Update: I just confirmed with old DD at Muletown Mini-Mart that there will be Blackys Hotdogs as well as Loretta's famous chili served at the game tonight, plus nerd ropes and skittles for the kids. HAHA. Ok to be serious, game is still pegged for 7:30pm. Current conditions in Minford right now: Overcast Temp: 76 Humidity: 70% Wind: 2mph.

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

So no pizza?

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Sorry RRH, no update on that... :(

Return to “Soccer”