D3 District Games

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: D3 District Games

Post by 4thgoal »

I was just looking at the regional bracket on OHSAA's website and noticed that Worthington Christian has their district semi game at home tomorrow. I thought maybe they had a fantastic facility and that's why it was at their school, but after looking at the map view of their field, there is only 1 small set of bleachers on one side and it is a grass field (although I am sure it is a nice field). While I really have no direct interest in their game and I know they have a great history of soccer success, shouldn't district games be held at a neutral location?

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

4th n Goal wrote:I was just looking at the regional bracket on OHSAA's website and noticed that Worthington Christian has their district semi game at home tomorrow. I thought maybe they had a fantastic facility and that's why it was at their school, but after looking at the map view of their field, there is only 1 small set of bleachers on one side and it is a grass field (although I am sure it is a nice field). While I really have no direct interest in their game and I know they have a great history of soccer success, shouldn't district games be held at a neutral location?
Each district sets their own rules. The Central District has always done it this way. This is the first year that the SE District hasn't allowed teams to host the district semis since the move was made to a 1 game district with teams from the East about 6-7 years ago.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster coaches have done a phenomenal job with this team and the young kids in particular have improved immensely. Not going to predict a score, but I wouldn't count South Webster out of it.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg and South Webster are both very young teams and play a lot of freshmen and sophomores. I believe SW only has 1 senior and Burg only has 3, so both teams should be very strong next year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky: well said...not much was expected out of South Webster this year with only one senior and a bunch of underclassmen playing regular minutes. But another SOC championship and another appearance in the District Finals for the Jeeps. Great job of coaching by Coach Claxon and staff once again. Good luck against Hiland Saturday.

4th and goal: good point....these two teams will continue to have some serious battles the next few years. I'm glad to see Webster moving into the other division with Burg, Waverly and Minford. This should allow Webster more flexibility in upgrading the schedule. Good luck to Burg on Saturday. Just looking at what Webster did against Leesburg and Burg, this should be a good game.*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Is SW moving to the SOC2 a done deal? Who is moving to the SOC1 in their place?

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

4th n Goal wrote:Is SW moving to the SOC2 a done deal? Who is moving to the SOC1 in their place?

I heard this also. I think West would be a good fit in SOC 1.

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

SOC 2 ? Burg, Minford, Northwest, West Portsmouth, Waverly. I see that as two games each for Webster. How does that free up the schedule? I must have missed something?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Red/Shawnee/4th: I had heard that at least 1 team would switch with Webster, and maybe another as well. I assume this is still going to happen? But if it happens, they are guaranteed a round robin with burg, Waverly and Minford, and only one game against the smaller SOC schools. This will benefit Webster come tourney time at the District and Regional levels. If nobody is switched with Webster though, not much of a difference in the schedule.*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I can't imagine that any of the D2 teams (Minford, Waverly or Northwest) would want to give up their games with the other D2 schools. West was only 10 or so kids from being D2 and could move up when the count is done again next year. I know your tournament division has nothing to do with the SOC, but you want to play teams your own size in the regular season to get ready for the tournament. SW already plays Burg and Minford twice and Waverly once, so they would only gain an additional game with Waverly.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The SW vs Berlin Hiland game is moved to 2:00 and the Wheelersburg vs. Leesburg Fairfield game is now at 4:30

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Great day for soccer. Can Scioto county teams move on? On paper SW has toughest road? BH tough to beat. Leesburg can defend but can they score? Pirates finally be finishing and putting goals in net. Sunny and 50 degrees. Good luck.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hiland wins 2-0. Congrats to the Jeeps on another fine season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Burg leads 1-0 at the half

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

So what was the fianl and is there a story to the Wheelersburg / Leesburg game?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

2-0 Pirates

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

No story to the Burg game. Thurmer had both goals and the Pirates kept control of the game for the most part.

newschool
Waterboy

Post by newschool »

The Ohsaa site had leesburg winning 2-0 but I just saw the coach post on another site and the Ohsaa site has it wrong. Wanted to go but had to work. I expected it to be a good game of soccer. 2-0 is respectable so I am guessing SW had a decent stand against Hiland as well!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Yes, the Jeeps played a good game. Hiland is tough as always, but as dominate as some of their teams in the past. The Burg vs Hiland game should be a good one. Let's just hope the location is decent and on turf when it's decided. Anywhere except Philo!!

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Congratulations to the Fairfield Soccer team for a great tournament run.

Also congratulations to all the seniors you took the Fairfield program to a new level.

A special shout out to Blake Hildebrant. Not many athletes could do what you've accomplished the last two weekends. To run at the District and Regional Cross Country events and turn around and play in the District Semi and District Finals on the same day is a remarkable accomplishment.

Congratulations for qualifying to run at State next weekend.

Good luck to the Pirates moving forward.

Return to “Soccer”