vballsoccer178
JV Team

Re: BURG @ WEBSTER

Post by vballsoccer178 »

South Webster Jeeps 1, Wheelersburg Pirates 1

Goals By Half............. 1....... 2....... Final
Wheelersburg Pirates ...0....... 1......... 1
South Webster Jeeps ....1...... 0.......... 1

Scoring summary: 1st Half: SW -- #2 Fuller, Denver (unassisted), 14:12. 2nd Half: W -- #10 Thurmer, Keith (Team), 57:30.

Shots: W 5, SW 7. Saves: #19 Jordan, Zach (W) 3; #11 Coriell, Trevor (SW) 4. Corner kicks: W 2, SW 1. Fouls: W 3, SW 1. Offsides: W 0, SW 0.

I had a few say it was an exciting game to watch. Ugly Soccer? I guess that's one opinion.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Redcard wrote:I heard it was some ugly soccer out there resulting in 1-1 tie
I can see why a low scoring game would appear to be ugly to RedLobsterCard. He's probably used to scores of 9-5 or 12-7. Typical scores from a U-6 or U-10 game, which is much closer to the level of his soccer knowledge. On behalf of the entire world RC Cola, you're an idiot. :mrgreen:

Now, on to things that matter. The game was very exciting with high pressure and intensity. The Jeeps couldn't find the net to finish the game and Burg never went away. Great effort by both teams. Can't wait until the next match.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

jazzhands88 wrote:Now, on to things that matter. The game was very exciting with high pressure and intensity. The Jeeps couldn't find the net to finish the game and Burg never went away. Great effort by both teams. Can't wait until the next match.
Good summary. Both teams had some chances, but neither could find the net. Well officiated game and a strong effort by both teams.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

What an absolute snooze fest. I wanted to watch soccer last night but all I saw was a bunch of kids complaining about calls. The one boy up front (Keeten sp?) just whined the whole time, then shoved one of his own teammates during his little temper tantrums. Kids need to just play the game. I'd like to see that Bevins kid up front for SW and move the Keeten boy out. Bevins is a solid player

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Just saying I heard SW caught the Paul boll bug and played some kickball on the pitch and not their usual brand of soccer
I would had SW by 3 goals but looks like anything goes this year
I wasn't at the game to give summary but heard it was classic SoC Futbol
As far as jazz mitts is concerned I'm sure it was an awesome game to re live his varsity years spent on the pine

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Redcard wrote:Just saying I heard SW caught the Paul boll bug and played some kickball on the pitch and not their usual brand of soccer
I would had SW by 3 goals but looks like anything goes this year
I wasn't at the game to give summary but heard it was classic SoC Futbol
As far as jazz mitts is concerned I'm sure it was an awesome game to re live his varsity years spent on the pine

First off paul boll ball is like the best thing I've ever witnessed in soccer.. DOn't you remember headband man bryan craft sprinting by defenders for 6 goals in a game when the team is up 8-0? best player i've seen in SOC possibly ever

what i saw last night was kids running for the long ball, Termers yelling from the field/sidelines/and stands, klayton pushing teammates and dever leveling kids and letting them know who's boss.. if that aint excitement i dont know what is!! only thing missing was stone cold steve austin coming out of the crowd and giving a stunner to the ref!
Last edited by D4hero on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Craft was a great player. Scored the most goals for Wheelersburg than any other player in school history. Coach B. also has a state record for career wins. Both were/are major influences in Burg Soccer. As for last nights game, thought it was exciting but would've liked to see few more goals. It'll be a completely different ball game at Ed Miller. Until next time... GO BURG!

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Craft was a great player. Scored the most goals for Wheelersburg than any other player in school history. Coach B. also has a state record for career wins. Both were/are major influences in Burg Soccer. As for last nights game, thought it was exciting but would've liked to see few more goals. It'll be a completely different ball game at Ed Miller. Until next time... GO BURG!
unfortunately I have to disagree with everything you just said jolly... extremely inaccurate information. Only thing that was right was that Boll is state leader in career wins.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wow....lots of bad information floating around! Coach Boll is currently around 378 career wins, which puts him #6 all-time in the state. #1 is at 462 wins [John Kissner, Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (1978-2012)] , but he has several more years coaching than Coach Boll (1986-2013). Bryan Craft has scored the most goals at Burg with 109. Dillan Lewis had 120 career goals, 106 at Burg and 14 at SW, so I guess it depends on how you would like to spin that statistic. Obviously, both were outstanding scorers and knew how to put the ball in the back of the net!!

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

4th n Goal wrote:Wow....lots of bad information floating around! Coach Boll is currently around 378 career wins, which puts him #6 all-time in the state. #1 is at 462 wins [John Kissner, Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (1978-2012)] , but he has several more years coaching than Coach Boll (1986-2013). Bryan Craft has scored the most goals at Burg with 109. Dillan Lewis had 120 career goals, 106 at Burg and 14 at SW, so I guess it depends on how you would like to spin that statistic. Obviously, both were outstanding scorers and knew how to put the ball in the back of the net!!
These stats are correct and exactly what I have as well. Also another Webster kid who went to Burg, Billy Termer, no relation to Keith Termer, had 88 career goals at Webster and burg grades 6-12 combined

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

According to my records I had 297 goals in my career. Going back to U6 I remember I was unstoppable....lol. Good gravy D4. Who has "stats" back to grade 6? Agree game at Burg wil be fun. Grudge match always fun to watch.

Jeep79
Waterboy

Post by Jeep79 »

I just want to say I think the referees did a great job last night. Obviously no card should be given for fighting with your own teammate. Does anyone have the stats on how many wins were vs first year programs and how many scores looked more like a football game score than a soccer match?

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Well, Wheelersburg had a winning season their first year (1986) if that helps. As to Wheelersburg's wins against first year programs--probably less than 20, with most coming against first year SOC teams (Waverly, West, South Webster, Northwest). They never played Minford, New Boston, Clay, Valley or Eastern their first years because they had soccer before Wheelersburg. Among the SOC members, New Boston and Minford have played the most games against first year teams and the most wins against first year teams. Wheelersburg did play and win against Greenup once in their first year and also Piketon once. I think that they played Jackson their first year and maybe Unioto. I don't think that they played Alexander until their second or third year though. They have managed to avoid OVC (which Webster got a lot of wins against) and Chesapeake thus far (other than JV games).

Wheelersburg has never run laps on anyone's field ever. They have started imitating Minford and other teams in running across a field after a win to thank their fans--a habit which I personally dislike. But they certainly did not do even that last year at South Webster.

If anyone cares about facts, the most goals in a game that Bryan Craft ever scored was five, it was only once, and it was something like a 6-1 or 7-2 game. Other than that, he rarely scored even three. He scored 30 goals in a season by scoring in 16 of 18 games but not that many in a single game.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

drrabbit wrote:Well, Wheelersburg had a winning season their first year (1986) if that helps. As to Wheelersburg's wins against first year programs--probably less than 20, with most coming against first year SOC teams (Waverly, West, South Webster, Northwest). They never played Minford, New Boston, Clay, Valley or Eastern their first years because they had soccer before Wheelersburg. Among the SOC members, New Boston and Minford have played the most games against first year teams and the most wins against first year teams. Wheelersburg did play and win against Greenup once in their first year and also Piketon once. I think that they played Jackson their first year and maybe Unioto. I don't think that they played Alexander until their second or third year though. They have managed to avoid OVC (which Webster got a lot of wins against) and Chesapeake thus far (other than JV games).

Wheelersburg has never run laps on anyone's field ever. They have started imitating Minford and other teams in running across a field after a win to thank their fans--a habit which I personally dislike. But they certainly did not do even that last year at South Webster.

If anyone cares about facts, the most goals in a game that Bryan Craft ever scored was five, it was only once, and it was something like a 6-1 or 7-2 game. Other than that, he rarely scored even three. He scored 30 goals in a season by scoring in 16 of 18 games but not that many in a single game.

thanks for stats. do u still have the stat sheet for burg's 1999 game against West Union (first year?)? i believe the result was 28-0 go Pirates

Return to “Soccer”