division 2 girls soccer

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Re: division 2 girls soccer

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:Athens continues to baffle me. Their defense is so good. They tie bloom carroll tonight 1-1.
If Athens can score goals they could be dangerous. With only scoring 15 goals in 12 games but only giving up 16 goals.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athensfc wrote:
falcon01 wrote:I made a mistake, Marietta should he 3 and Athens 4. Forgot to change that when I was putting in records.
I hope Athens moves above Marietta as strength of schedule benefits Athens. If Athens can put a run together before drawing that may also help.
I'd have them above Marietta now if I was at the draw. Nobody will want to play them because of how well they play defense.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athensfc wrote:
falcon01 wrote:
Athensfc wrote:Athens 1
Bloom-Carroll 1
How'd the game break down?
Bloom-Carrol definitely had the possession and chances in the first half. Athens let their mid create space and got a good shot going up 1 with about 17 minutes left in first half. Bloom-Carrol had a couple dangerous corner kicks but was able to clear. With about 20-25 minutes left Bloom-Carrol dropped off and let Athens control the midfield. Athens was able to attack with 9 players. Athens was able to get a ball behind their defense and the defender foul in the box.
Their mid is a great player. Very smart and savvy player. She will shoot from anywhere if given space. Will be happy to see her graduate.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fairfield Union beats Glenn 4 to 2. Fu was down 2 to 0 at the half but didn't really feel like they were down 2 because they had created enough chances to probably be winning 6 to 2. Came out in the first 5 minutes of the second half and really pressured John Glenn and got two quick goals and then pretty much dominated from there. John Glenn is a really good team with speed and they can pass the ball and trap the ball really well in really bad conditions tonight , they were a really good team. Really really proud of the way our girls fought back tonight

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

This was a major confidence booster for FU. Playing without a top forward and best defender who are hurt, against a very quality(state ranked) team. We needed this bad to show we can still do positive things until they get back. Just love the effort we showed in the 2nd half and not hanging our heads at the half.

Sorry, proud moment.

Any other scores from tonight?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Jackson beat Warren 2-0

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:Jackson beat Warren 2-0
This game was called at halftime. Even playing on turf.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athensfc wrote:

I saw the pictures, looked like a pond on the turf. Must have really gotten some heavy stuff for there.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:
Athensfc wrote:

I saw the pictures, looked like a pond on the turf. Must have really gotten some heavy stuff for there.

Should of been fun. We wouldn't of stop the game years ago.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

We played in a swamp last night. Guessing having a million dollar field might change some folks minds.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Not only was the field flooded, but pockets of air was trapped under the turf which lifted it up in spots.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

NDC Soccer wrote:Not only was the field flooded, but pockets of air was trapped under the turf which lifted it up in spots.

That explains the pictures where it looked like the turf wasn't wet in some spots in the shapes of circles
Last edited by Falcon01 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Craziest thing I've seen on a turf field.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

NDC Soccer wrote:Craziest thing I've seen on a turf field.
Just got to see the photos that is crazy.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Unioto at FU tonight. Should be a good one.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:Unioto at FU tonight. Should be a good one.
I was just looking at the ossca website to see who played and thought the same thing about this game. I may have to make the trip to watch.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Interested to see these young players they have. Sound pretty talented.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly is now 5-7. They have beaten Minford, Portsmouth West x2, Fairfield Leesburg, and Peebles, They have lost to Southeastern, Eastern Brown, Northwest, Wheelersburg, Fairfield Union, Ironton St Joes and Alexander. Should probably be .500. Out played Northwest, had a goal bounce off goal post with less than a minute to play. Controlled the ball most of the game. Got beat 2-1. Against St. Joes was tied 3-3 with 1:00 minute left and had a bad call lead to an opportunity and a goal for St Joes at the end. They have three games left. All SOC all on the road. Minford, Northwest, and Wheelersburg. Had a second game against Fairfield Leesburg scheduled but it was cancelled. Not bad for a first year program that has an incredibly bright future.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ukfanatic,
the girls have done quite well.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Any update on FU vs Unioto

Return to “Soccer”