SOC/OVC Girls Preview

4thgoal
SEOPS

SOC/OVC Girls Preview

Post by 4thgoal »

The girls SOC/OVC preview will be at West again this year on August 22.

10am Minford vs. Ironton St Joe
11am Wheelersburg vs. South Point
12pm West vs. Chesapeake
1pm Northwest vs. Fairland

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Re: SOC/OVC Girls Preview

Post by BETTERTHANYOU00 »

Glad this can finally be confirmed. Wasn't sure it was still taking place.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mr. Official wrote:Glad this can finally be confirmed. Wasn't sure it was still taking place.
I agree. There were some rumors floating around that West was struggling to get enough girls to field a team. Girls soccer is still very new (with the exception on Minford) and there are very few true 'soccer only' girls athletes in the area, especially in the SOC. Most teams consist of multiple sport athletes who happen to play soccer too.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

First year for Waverly to have a girls team. I have no idea if we are in the preview.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

toast wrote:First year for Waverly to have a girls team. I have no idea if we are in the preview.
Waverly is not in the girls preview. The Waverly boys usually choose not to attend the boys preview at New Boston as well.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

4th n Goal wrote:
toast wrote:First year for Waverly to have a girls team. I have no idea if we are in the preview.
Waverly is not in the girls preview. The Waverly boys usually choose not to attend the boys preview at New Boston as well.
Thanks! I was kinda thinking that but wasn't sure.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Any results??

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

SP 2 Burg 1

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am pretty sure the Lawrence Co. schools won all 4 matchups. I know Minford and Burg both were without at least 1 key player. West and Ironton St Joe both will struggle a little this year because of their numbers. Both only had 2 subs on the bench. It is tough to make it through a season without a bench.

Previews are just that, a preview and I don't think you can put much stock in the 'results' from Saturday. Fairland and Northwest both appeared better than last year. St. Joseph looked good, but not as strong as they were last year. Most other schools looked as you would have expected them to look.

SP did beat Burg 2-1, but I don't think either side was showing all their cards since they play eachother this week. Burg did make a nice attempt at chipping some paint off the crossbar with a few solid shots.

Return to “Soccer”