SEOAL Results

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Re: SEOAL Results

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Congratulations to Raeli Barnes of Warren who scored her 100th high school career goal in Warren's win against Alexander last night!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

WarriorNation123 wrote:Congratulations to Raeli Barnes of Warren who scored her 100th high school career goal in Warren's win against Alexander last night!
She score a ton in years past? Looking at ossca games that they reported they only have 30 as a team?

Regardless, congrats, that's a ton of goals!
Last edited by Falcon01 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Le312207
Waterboy

Post by Le312207 »

Athensfc wrote:Girls
Jackson 0 league Champs
Athens 0
So what it comes down to is that Jackson won the title by winning the first game against Athens with what many would consider to be a controversial PK?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Scruffy wrote:
Athensfc wrote:Girls
Jackson 0 league Champs
Athens 0
So what it comes down to is that Jackson won the title by winning the first game against Athens with what many would consider to be a controversial PK?
AND had their best player..

Le312207
Waterboy

Post by Le312207 »

The absence of a "best player" is besides the point. But it's funny now that you mention it. Their "best player" was the one who drew the PK in the first game. I've seen video of the call taken by a parent and it is clear to me at least that the Athens defender did not make contact with the "best player."

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Maybe not... I haven't seen the play. Pretty sure we all know officials in the se aren't very good or consistent. BUT a girl who has been se poy at least once and is sitting at 99 goals for her career would seem to be a pretty big loss

With her they beat Minford 11-0, without her they tied 0-0... tells me all I need to know.

Le312207
Waterboy

Post by Le312207 »

I have no doubt that she is Jackson's talisman. The point I was trying to make was that Athens played Jackson pretty tight in their first meeting and the game was decided by a head scratching pk. If the tie had held, given Tuesday's 0 - 0 result, the SEOAL title would have been shared. At least I'm pretty sure that would have been the result from what I have read here.

Just feeling a little grumpy here. No offense intended. Athens can't even get their own paper to put headlines for covering the game that are not PRO Jackson. Can't even mention the Athens' players names. It's disgraceful.

I also think a good argument could be made for Emily Fischer, the Athens keeper, for district player of the year. She has been amazing (was last year too) in net and just as much a talisman.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Same ref that called that pk at Athens missed a pk at Jackson last night when Jackson's gk tackled Athens forward. Exline is a fantastic player I am not taking that away from her. If we keep talking about great players you have to mention Barnes from Warren. As for player of the year Fischer does have to be mentioned. Four year starter playing in her 70th career game tomorrow and has a GA average of 1.7. Has over 700 saves in her career. I would have to say that is comparable to 100 career goals. We will have to wait for the district meeting and see what coaches have to say.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Girls
Athens At Alexander
Logan At Warren

Boys
Athens At Alexander
Warren At Logan
Gallia At Jackson

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Girls
Athens 2
Alexander 0

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Boys
Athens 3
Alexander 2

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Girls
Athens finished their league race last night at Alexander (6-1-1). Unfortunately without a league title. The girls last night were able to keep another shutout in the league. They finish the league season with six shutouts and only giving up three goals. The Athens defense lead by Senior CB Rachel Broughton, Senior RB Ingrid Buckley and Junior LB Avital Savin. These three girls have fought all season and believe this is the best results that the league has seen. Senior GK Emily Fischer recording an amazing league season. I believe she is the POY in the league. So glad to have been part of this journey. What an amazing turn around from three years ago when they joined the league.

soccerkrazed
Riding the Bench

Post by soccerkrazed »

Some more final scores

Boys
Athens 6
Jackson 2

Logan 2
Warren 0

Girls
Warren 2