Pirates host Jeeps 8/27/15

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Pirates host Jeeps 8/27/15

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Should be a knock down drag out fight between two of the SOCs finest. Thoughts? Predictions? (Also just for laughs... throw out a time in seconds of how long you think it will take the administration at WHS to turn off all the lights in the stadium after the game. From my notes Mr. McCorkle holds the record with 11 seconds flat although Mr. Shaw had a very solid time out of the gate last year with 15.2 seconds.)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Pirates host Jeeps 8/27/15

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg has had a very strong offensive effort, scoring quickly and often during their preseason and in their first game vs. South Point. I think they will put more pressure on the Jeeps defenders than they can withstand. Having a lot of speed and a variety of strikers will be the difference in this one.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I have to agree with 4th. The Pirates are loaded up front and pretty solid in the back as well. McCain will be the go to guy but the Burg will have plenty of other scoring options. Should be a great match.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

The Jeeps are equally as loaded up top. If the bash brothers come to play tomorrow SW will bring home the win.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Better get there early to get a seat. The girls play before this one and it is youth soccer night.

Captain Morgan
Waterboy

Post by Captain Morgan »

Burg will win this one, don't see it being that close after what I saw from them the other night.

Wheelersburg 4
South Webster 1

Zimmers scores for SW late in a near rout

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgfan.com will be covering live play by play for the boys game.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

SW might hang for a little while in this one, but I see the Pirates winning this match easily.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

And so sorry I didn't see the 2nd part of the opening post, my prediction is that Mr. Shaw will shatter his black out record of 15 seconds tonight! Project Runway is on at 9 pm EST.

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

Anyone have the score for this one???

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

1-0 burg

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Once again I had a hard time keeping me eyes open!!! SNOOOOOOZE FEST! Team in black kicks it then runs, team in white boots it then runs. I guess a narrow field makes teams do that. Congrats to burg on the triple assisted goal.... Header to cross bar, to field goal, to header. Strongly suggest they do something about how close the uprights and crossbar are. Anyway at least one goal was scored in this game. I was actually glad they turned the lights out a couple minutes after the game, I finally fell asleep and got a power nap before the drive home. *****I'M OFFICIALLY OFF THE SW BAND WAGON*****

Sincerely,

JH88

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You're crazy Jazz, that was the most exciting SOC game I've seen in years. Great defensive effort by both teams and stellar goal keeping as well. Ok, maybe the play was a little direct but that's the way it goes sometimes. You really think the ball hit the uprights on the goal? No it did not. Besides don't you think one of the two officials watching would've seen that?

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

SOC kick and run soccer. I'm kind of shocked south Webster resorted to that style they typically pass better than any team in the SOC. As far as the goal, it was off the football goal post and unfortunate for the jeeps. I thought it was a good game and not a snooze fest at all.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Here we go again having to listen to jazzyfeet whine and complain. WE ARE THE BURG. WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU AT EVERYTHING!! Suck on that Jazz!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It was off the crossbar.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Ok first off to DoNOnuts Pirate........ DID YOU SEE WHO WAS REFFING THE GAME LAST NIGHT???
You can't expect jokes for officials like that to see anything. The moron who had the crowd side kept making up calls. He was calling hip checks, jumping in, and spin balls??? The only thing he needs to do is CALL IT QUITS. Even if they would've seen the ball hit the field goal it still doesn't change the fact that the South Webster Sleeps didn't score.

To Jay-won... Go back to Taco Bell.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

The refs for soccer in this area are rather shocking. I will agree with jizzfeet on that. But Burg>SW all day, everyday

Return to “Soccer”