Piketon soccer 2012?

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Piketon soccer 2012?

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

How do you think the Redstreaks will do this year?

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Re: Piketon soccer 2012?

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

I believe that Piketon could be a contender in the area. They have alot of talent returning from last season. Jake Neal will be a Jr., Kane Dixon,Dylan Williams, and Seth Farmer will be So. Hopefully these young athletes can come together and win some games. But they did lose a big part of their offense in senior Tyler Collier and defense in Josh Cornett.

Piketon could be a D3 contender for the sectional and maybe the distric tournament with this being there second season. Look out for Piketon :12224

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

also Piketon will be getting Evan Ferguson, who will be a Sr., Ferguson also plays football, to add to their attack

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

The Redstreaks are young and had a very strong freshman class last year. The future of their program will be determined by how well they practice and follow the path set by their coach. They do have the potential to be a strong team in the next couple years.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

havent heard anything about ferguson playing soccer, too?

Jackiemoon33
Waterboy

Post by Jackiemoon33 »

sorry TheKing28 thats just what some friends from piketon have told me

Mr.Smith
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr.Smith »

Football and soccer can't occupy the same field especially if it's grass. The football team will destroy the nicest natural grass soccer pitch in southern Ohio. I also don't see it happening since there is only one set of bleachers at the soccer field. I'm sure Waverly's soccer team wouldn't mind playing their home games on the Piketon field, since theirs has been eaten up by a fungus the last two years.

None the less. Hopefully Piketon continues with their soccer program I noticed during the Y's futsal season that Piketon has some very good kids coming up in the next 4 years.

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

TheKing28 wrote:havent heard anything about ferguson playing soccer, too?
no, he is actually playing soccer this year.. he told my son, he didnt like football this year, so he is going to play soccer to get another varsity letter.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

yeah your right thats why the football team should move down there and the soccer team should go up to the football field soccer field too nice for the team

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Jackiemoon33 wrote:I believe that Piketon could be a contender in the area.
What was Piketon's record in 2011?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Mainly played a JV schedule, with 1 or 2 varsity games. Return mostly Sophomores/Juniors. Lost some seniors that stuck the years of no HS team out by playing club. It will be a while until they will be contending for a Sectional/District but they have the kind of kids that will continue to improve over the next couple of seasons and by they time they are seniors be ready to win some games. Just too young at the moment.

Return to “Soccer”