Freshman Team

St. Joe Soccer

Post by lakers12345 »

Any predictions

thenoose
Freshman Team

Re: St. Joe Soccer

Post by thenoose »

Can't say cuz I havent heard too much about them for the past couple years.What was there records, scores, etc. for the past few years. I remember hearing about them playing minford about 5 or so years ago but i dont remember the scores or anything.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

i think they were 8-8-1 maybe?? but i think they will be returning at least 9 starters from last year

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I'm not sure and I'm not trying to rag on them but all I remember hearing was that they just got tore apart and beat down.Thats just against Minford and I was just wondering.

sj soccer
Waterboy

Post by sj soccer »

As of now, conditioning and skills practice will start PM 07/14/2008 and continue through 08/02/2008. This years soccer camp will start 08/03/2008, and run through 08/07/2008. Details to follow as plans are finalized

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

After Coaching against them for the last several years and seeing this program develop I will have to say they are going to have the best year that they have ever had. I really like what Coach Blair and his Assistants do for this program. They have a great group of hard working young people who never say I quit. I will truly miss the conversations that I shared with him as a coach but I will be wearing the Yellow jersey this year and maybe I will be able to work one of their games. Best of Luck this year and May God Bless You All!!!!

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

They are not losing too many people...

David Crossan (Goalie)
Reid Smith (Defender)
Danielle Blair (Midfielder)
Scott King (Defender)
Hannah King (Midfielder)

They return (Key Players)

Chad Harvey
Payton Blair
Pat Gagai
Caleb Blackburn
Joey Basedow
Georgie McCown
Sunni Clyse
Joe Unger
Levi Hopkins
Cody Blackburn
Ian Simpson

They also have several more that can do some damage.

They are looking pretty good, I hope to make it to a lot of games this upcoming season.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

they have a good coaching staff and have a good youth develpment program. when you consider the school size they do put together a good program. look forward to 2008.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

yeah they have a class act program, great soccer last year for the school size, should be 2 great games in the lawrence county rivalry

on a side note, it probably will be the second best year ever, its hard to go undefeated like they did in the regular season in 1999, 13-0-3

Italian Stallion
Riding the Bench

Post by Italian Stallion »

Should have a great year! They've got speed, talent, and will improve through the summer.
Good Luck to the Flyers!!

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

thenoose wrote:I'm not sure and I'm not trying to rag on them but all I remember hearing was that they just got tore apart and beat down.Thats just against Minford and I was just wondering.

When did they play Minford?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

They must have played them on a night I missed and I didn't think I missed many games. They do a great job, being that they are the smallest soccer playing high school in the State.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

Same for me RRR, and I didn't miss any nights. :122249

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

sj soccer wrote:As of now, conditioning and skills practice will start PM 07/14/2008 and continue through 08/02/2008. This years soccer camp will start 08/03/2008, and run through 08/07/2008. Details to follow as plans are finalized

Coach Blair startsem early!!!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Dan Blair is one of the best.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Last year, St. Joe started in June. The flyers will be fine this year though with a lot of experienced players coming back.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Anyone have directions to where the middle school plays their games?

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

Same field as the high school on Lawrence Street Road. Exit US 52 @ SR93. Right on 8th St @ car wash. Three blocks to stop sign - turn right; 1/2 mile on left.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

St. Joe looked good tonight against a very weak SP team which has more girls than boys playing. SP right now only has 5 boys playing and 3 of them are still in elementary school. The goalie and another boy are only in the fifth grade. I think the next meeting at SP will have a different outcome with a couple more boys who have been out of town coming back. They are the some of the best kids overall in the SP team. St. Joe soccer looks to be building a great program for the future.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

No offense intended but I thought that goalie was.........not very tall. If he was a 5th grader, that would explain a lot. Congrats to SJ on the win, good luck to SP on the season.

Return to “Soccer”