St. Joe Soccer

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Re: St. Joe Soccer

Post by Joe Strummer »

ignert1 wrote:......the coach lets players get away with complaining to refs about every call. He needs to get better control of them. Might help if he didn't do it too.

ignert1 wrote: I did hear the coach tell them to shup up, but the point is, they didn't.

So which is it?.....Appears "ignertance" cannot always be fixed:)

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

ignert1 wrote:With that I will leave this post thread.

So when exactly are you going to take your own advice? Or maybe, you'll come up with some excuse as to why it looks like you typed that but it didn't really happen like that. :-D

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

The Flyers moved to 6-0 with a win over ohio valley christain on tuesday. They return to action on thursday at home against point pleasant.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Flyers play well tonight and get a win over a very physical point pleasant team . i think it was 3-1. Makes the Flyers 7-0 on the year.

GO FLYERS!!!

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Congratulations to the Flyers soccer team and their win over Point Pleasant. Nice job coach Blair and coach Clyse and all the kids.

UT2
Waterboy

Post by UT2 »

I find it hard to imagine that Clay gave up their tournament spot for a dinner at Ponderosa. Especially since the coach's son was a senior. It seems very apparent that there is a strong rivalry between the two schools. Comments of fans are a bit out of hand. Wish them both the best of luck!

CGfan09
Waterboy

Post by CGfan09 »

I've been to two games so far this year: vs. OVC & Point Pleasant...

but all i can say is, SJ worked hard for those wins.

CONGRATS SJ, undefeated :!:

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Haven't had a chance to get down and see the Flyers yet but I have talked to many of their players. The two things needed to be a success in sports are Desire and Attitude. These kids have both and it all stems from the people who teach and coach these young men and women. Dan Blair, Sissy Clyse and Tim Hopkins all come loaded with both these attributes. Congrats to the Purple and Gold, their coaches and fans on a great start. Go Flyers!

falcon_13
Waterboy

Post by falcon_13 »

honestly, i dont no why everyone is making a big deal about them being undefeated. the dont play any good teams. let them play against minford, burg, and waverly and see what happens.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

We have 30 boys in our High school and yet have beaten schools like Boyd County, South Point and Point Pleasant. I think that is pretty d**N good. Sometimes people don't know who is stupid until they open their mouth or in your case post on here.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

falcon_13 wrote:honestly, i dont no why everyone is making a big deal about them being undefeated. the dont play any good teams. let them play against minford, burg, and waverly and see what happens.

Your first post is to bash a school like St. Joe because they are undefeated and people are proud of that fact? That's pitiful.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

falcon_13 wrote:honestly, i dont no why everyone is making a big deal about them being undefeated. the dont play any good teams. let them play against minford, burg, and waverly and see what happens.

Sounds like he either played for a team that lost to Saint Joe, or he is jealous because Saint Joe is undefeated and his team or school isn't. I think that it's both.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

I have read enough. I can't believe that people are so unsupportive of children who are doing their best to support their school with pride. Some of these kids have played soccer since they were 4 years old but many of them have only been playing for the last 4-6 years. They have put many hours into practice to reach this level and we have stupid and jealous people who cannot be happy for these kids. And yes, they are just kids. I for one am very proud of them and I know that so is the rest of our small town of Ironton.
Go Flyers!! Let's keep them all fired up by continuing to win!

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Nice post tabasco and good to see you back. Thought you had retired for the forum. I think ole CB and the Flyers are doing super.

falcon_13
Waterboy

Post by falcon_13 »

actually i've played against them and won....and we're 7-2 on the season.....so i think it's fair to say i'm not jealous......

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

falcon_13 wrote:actually i've played against them and won....and we're 7-2 on the season.....so i think it's fair to say i'm not jealous......

Well Saint Joe is 7-0 so far, so must not have been this year. :lol:

I also agree with tobasco. Some of the kids haven't been playing but 4-5 years and some have played since they were little. Also, if your not familiar with Saint Joe then you probably don't know that everything the kids have learned have came from hard work in practice and good coaching. They don't get very many opportunities to go to summer camps, and I believe only a couple if that play on a club team. Many kids today from larger schools have that kind of experience while most kids playing soccer at Saint Joe don't. So for Saint Joe to be 7-0 is incredible especially when more than half the kids are multi-sport athletes.

UT2
Waterboy

Post by UT2 »

falcon_13 wrote:actually i've played against them and won....and we're 7-2 on the season.....so i think it's fair to say i'm not jealous......

Have done some checking and it seems that St. Joseph has not played against Minford in years so if you have played against them it was many years ago. As much as 8 or more. If this is indication of your age then I think you should give the Flyer players a break from your judgement. You have not seen nor competed against this team.

Every season for all teams in SE Ohio can be difficult as soccer is not well supported. Football remains #1 for most. Hats off to the St. Joseph team for their success in this season.

Hopefully, players and fans of the sport of soccer can show respect for the game by praising, not slamming, all teams!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Flyers on your 7-0 start! Good Luck the rest of the season!

Return to “Soccer”