St. Joe Soccer

soccer11
Waterboy

Re: St. Joe Soccer

Post by soccer11 »

Yeah that game sucked but they play north adams saturday the last of a four game week
it was along week

lakers12345
Freshman Team

Post by lakers12345 »

St. Joe has a rematch against South Point on Tuesday @ South Point..
First game was 8-1..

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Go Flyers!! Any chance that the commissioner of the Miller Lite Better taste league will be in attendance at a St Joe game?
If you dont kn ow whom I am referring to, watch a Miller Lite commercial and think "Flying Dutchman"

Speedy recovery to Coach Blair and here's hoping the great season continues on!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I look for today's game against the Pointers to be closer than the last one. BAsed ont he fact that this is SP's turf and the fact that it is a much bigger field than what the Flyers are used to playing on. Anyway Good Luck to the Pointers and hope there are no injuries on either side of the ball!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The game was better for the Pointers, winning 5-0. I know the field would play a big difference plus last time they played a key player for the Pointers went out with a broken nose early in the game.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

St Joe 3 New Boston 3 last night at St Joe. Very good soccer match. Congrats to both teams on their play.

Hard Hat Harry
Waterboy

Post by Hard Hat Harry »

I went to the St. Joe/ New Boston game. It was a very exciting game. Both teams played very hard.

I thought St. Joe scored a goal that didn't get counted. I don't think the ref. was in a good position to see if it crossed the line? Other games I go to have 3 refs. they only had 2 and do the best they can.

I am a football fan also and I believe that game was just as exciting as any H.S. football game I've been to.

Good game kids

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Hard Hat Harry,

Remember that soccer is not football. Unlike football, the goal is not scored if the ball breaks the plane of the goal. It only scores if the ball COMPLETELY crosses the plane. Same for out-of-bounds. There are a lot of people who don't understand that. The ball can be 90% over the line and no longer touching the lines but if it any part of it is over any part of the line, it is still in play and not out-of-bounds or a goal.

I wasn't there, but if there was any doubt in your mind, it probably was not completely over the line.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

St. Joseph back to their winning ways. Tonight the Flyers defeated Northwest 4-3. Don't have all the stats wasn't able to go to the game but my sources texting me during the game had it a 2-1 game at the half with SJ up. With 15 minutes to go NW tied the game at 2-2. With 10 minutes to go SJ went up 3-2. With 8:40 to go NW tied the game again at 3-3. With 8 minutes to go SJ went ahead for good at 4-3.
Good Luck on Wedensday againt Portsmouth West.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Wow what an exciting game! Northwest gave the flyers all they could, and ISJ still pulled it out in the end.
Congrats and good luck in the tourney!

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

tabasco wrote:St. Joseph back to their winning ways. Tonight the Flyers defeated Northwest 4-3. Don't have all the stats wasn't able to go to the game but my sources texting me during the game had it a 2-1 game at the half with SJ up. With 15 minutes to go NW tied the game at 2-2. With 10 minutes to go SJ went up 3-2. With 8:40 to go NW tied the game again at 3-3. With 8 minutes to go SJ went ahead for good at 4-3.
Good Luck on Wedensday againt Portsmouth West.

wonder who your source was since i wasn't there. :cry:

Good job Flyers!

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

This source gives me ACTUAL results not those fake ones like that one source I had when the Flyers were at OVC. Wonder who that one was?????? :twisted:

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Here we go again.St Joe plays them one at a time just like the schedule says. As far as the tournament goes if the Flyers face a great team, I know one thing " we will show up " and we will not back down.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

It's a shame no one wants to give the kids credit for the hard work they have put in. They seem to forget that we only have less than 100 kids in the entire school including grades 7 and 8. I don't know about anyone else but that makes our odds a little lopsided compared to these schools we are playing that have that more kids than than in one grade.
How many kids in your Minford school ongoal.

Good job Flyers!!

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

I think you would but for the record according to the OHSAA site Minford reports 182 boys and 182 girls. SJ reports 16 boys and 22 girls. I believe a school of this size doing as well as they are should be commended. Lot less kids to pull from yet still being competitive. Enough said.
Good luck to all the kids playing.

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

ongoal wrote:I have no idea how many kids go to Minford.....why does that matter? You could have a school with a thousand kids and it's possible that none of them could be good at soccer. On the other hand, you could have a school with just a hundred kids, practice hard, and have a good soccer team. I'm not saying anything about the kids. Just look at the schedule. They could play Burg, Minford, or Waverly, but why don't they?

Hmmm....following this astute logic, the OHSAA must be wasting a lot of time and effort each year aligning high schools into divisions BY SIZE.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Not to speak to the actual argument but it is worth noting that St. Joseph and Minford are in the same OHSAA size division- once the association has done the numbers break down.

St. Joseph is definately at a disadvantage according to size but they do have the advantage of not having four other sports to compete against for players either. It would be all in how you look at it.

And just for the record, one year, St. Joseph did play Wheelersburg in regular season (both had scheduled games fall through) but they mutually decided that was a bad idea and decided not to do it again. Hopefully, St. Joseph can keep up the improvement and they can rethink the idea. But for now, Zane Trace, Jackson and South Point seem better fits. Besides, the lateral two have turf which is nice to play on the week before tournaments. ;-)

FlyerSoccer
Waterboy

Post by FlyerSoccer »

Come on drrabbit, while it is true we are small and don't have four fall sports to compete with, I am not sure which four you are referring to? Some athletes play soccer and run cross country or play football at larger schools. Minford has 10 times the students. Every school we play has more than 4 times the students we have except OVC and they are still at least double us. We have two fall sports. I wouldn't call that an advantage. Plus the fact that our coaches are payed less than half of that of a public school. Any equipment is usually purchased by the coaches. In fact uniforms come from donations. We are fortunate to have committed caring individuals to both play and coach. They remain dedicated to our school.

It isn't that we are trying to play the "victim" here. Completely the opposite, we have made vast improvements and are proud of our team. It is a shame that people find it necessary to constantly berate any team that people compliment or take pride in. Just because we are proud isn't saying that we think all other teams are terrible!! Just like the old saying goes... It is best not to say anything if you can't say something nice!

Return to “Soccer”