St. Joe Soccer

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Re: St. Joe Soccer

Post by Senators_soccer »

That was a hard game and the better team came out on top....We owed them one after the last game ending 12-2...

the cynical optimist
Waterboy

Post by the cynical optimist »

With their record they should make it to the semi finals against Eastern Sardinia who I know nothing about. South Webster might be a problem for them as they seemed to have finished the season very strong.

Ignert1

Are you saying St. Joe's would be the favorite if they play South Webster?
Do you have any information about St. Joe's or South Webster?
Last edited by the cynical optimist on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlyerSoccer
Waterboy

Post by FlyerSoccer »

The Portsmouth West team deserves much credit tonight. They played their hearts out and worked hard as a team! Good luck in the tournament games. The Flyers didn't show up on the field tonight. Hopefully they will decide to come back together and finish the rest of the season as strong as the beginning! As for many of the previous posts, they are getting ridiculous! A good team shows their worth game to game! There is always room for improvement. There is no team in the area that can't be beaten on any given day. Just give credit where credit is due and quit comparing and sizing everyone up. Best of luck to ALL area teams!!!

FlyerSoccer
Waterboy

Post by FlyerSoccer »

ongoal wrote:Just a question: Did the SJ starters play the whole game? I know that Minfords' defense was playing up front and the JV defense was playing back. If SJ wants Minford will be glad to schedule a JV match against them next season.

The entire Flyer bench played in this game. This was a game early in the season. It was a difficult game for West. The Flyers did not intentionally run up the score.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

FlyerSoccer wrote:
ongoal wrote:Just a question: Did the SJ starters play the whole game? I know that Minfords' defense was playing up front and the JV defense was playing back. If SJ wants Minford will be glad to schedule a JV match against them next season.

The entire Flyer bench played in this game. This was a game early in the season. It was a difficult game for West. The Flyers did not intentionally run up the score.

I played in the game, and I'm almost positive the starters played the whole game...I could be wrong but I've played St. Joe for three years in a row now and it was the same faces I saw tonight on the field..And I would like to point out the Flyers did only score 1 goal in the second half of the first game against us..Because for some reason the first half we were running a two man defense and that could be the reason for such a lopsided score.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

wow, good win for West. They must have really improved throughout the year! Good 2nd win for the Senators.

Lloyd Xmas
Waterboy

Post by Lloyd Xmas »

What's wrong with you St. Joe people? To take pride in your kids' hard work and success is all wrong. Everyone knows that the key to true happiness is to belittle others and root for their downfall.

ongoal is the happiest man I know.

the cynical optimist
Waterboy

Post by the cynical optimist »

Congratulations St. Joe's on a successful season!
The fans and families should be proud of their kids.
The kids have no control over their schedule.
They showed up to play and played well from what I hear. I did not see them play during the regular season but hope to during tournament play.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Pasture of pain????? I thought that's where Minford boys picked up their prom dates. :lol:

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Pasture of pain????? I thought that's where Minford boys picked up their prom dates. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny stuff BWH!

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

ongoal wrote:
Lloyd Xmas wrote:What's wrong with you St. Joe people? To take pride in your kids' hard work and success is all wrong. Everyone knows that the key to true happiness is to belittle others and root for their downfall.

ongoal is the happiest man I know.

I appreciate the compliment :lol:

You would!

ongoal suffers from a chronic case of F E

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Pasture of pain????? I thought that's where Minford boys picked up their prom dates. :lol:

HAHA!!....Well it all depends on whether or not you count your mom as being my prom date!! :lol:

........or is the pasture of pain what they're callin' your house nowadays?? :lol:

play ball
Waterboy

Post by play ball »

Now that is hilarious!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I remember when the only comeback I had was to make fun of someone's mom.......I think I was 12 years old. Don't worry guys, you'll eventually grow out of it.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

With the loss to West does anyone think that SJ will beat Clay? Might be a quick tournament for this team.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

I think SJ definitely has what it takes to beat clay.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The Flyers ended the regular season by beating Greenup Co. 7-1 on Senior night.St. Joe honored their 8 Seniors plus Jerimy Fields who passed away due to cancer during their Freshman year. These 8 Seniors plus their teamates need to forget this negative crap on here and just think how proud Jerimy is of all of them. Remember "Never give up ".
GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Soccer”