Eastern-Pike to start soccer for 2008

the_claw
Waterboy

Re: Eastern-Pike to start soccer for 2008

Post by the_claw »

I really don't know.
I will repost tomorrow with that information.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg has a full varsity schedule without Eastern. So that one would definately be against the JV team.

And I also have Ironton St. Joseph's schedule and they have a full varsity schedule without Eastern on it. So unless there was a cancellation that should be against their JV team also.

If I am going to cover them this year, I need a copy of their official schedule and Roster asap if anyone can e-mail them to me. drrabb@zoomnet.net.

Hopefully Eastern will have better success this time around than the last time they had a team.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

SJ did have a cancellation with North Adams

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

In that case, the Flyers would have a possible spot on their schedule for a varsity game. I would imagine that Jackson will be playing their JV though. They have a decent JV team and should give a good game.

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

well the eagles have gotten alot better from what i've heard...though they've had some problems with getting all 18 players there.
they play ovc tomorrow and a few more games this week i believe. i will update if i find out the scores to the game because i won't be able to make it to the game.

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

For those that care the Eagles finished the season at a respectible 5 wins and 7 losses. Not bad for a first year program.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

i remember they had 4 different golies the final one Zack Bobst was golie for all five wins and they all played better in general huge improvements by the entire team

the_claw
Waterboy

Post by the_claw »

Pringles105 wrote:i remember they had 4 different golies the final one Zack Bobst was golie for all five wins and they all played better in general huge improvements by the entire team

I agree this team made huge strides in improvement and the goalie spot was solidifed by Zack Bobst who did a fine job. The team really played well together toward the end of the season.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

The eagles had three goalies this year. They started off will Eric Hollway, then Kole Wheeler. Both of them were moved to the fullback position. After a few games into the season Zack Bobst stepped up and scored a victory. After that his record advance to 5-2 with two shutouts. The team improved ALOT over the season, winning the last five of seven games. That caused them to end the season at with five wins and seven losses. Look forward to the Eagles to make a good push next year as they become an official team. Quite a few of the members are doing indoor and club soccer this offseason so hopefully they will come out strong from the beginning and continue to do so all season. Good Luck Eagles!!!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Where are they playing indoor?
I would like to see some of them play YMCA Futsal if they are interested...

PM me for more details...Thanks!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Nice pics. Do you have any of the team when they had their jerseys?

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I have two games before Jerseys and about a half a game against West with Jerseys. Lighting wasn't the greatest as it was toward the end of the season.

But the game with the Wheelersburg B team has some pictures uploaded on the internet on the Wheelersburg school site while the other pictures from the other games would have to be uploaded before they could be posted here.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

The Punisher wrote:The eagles had three goalies this year. They started off will Eric Hollway, then Kole Wheeler. Both of them were moved to the fullback position. After a few games into the season Zack Bobst stepped up and scored a victory. After that his record advance to 5-2 with two shutouts. The team improved ALOT over the season, winning the last five of seven games. That caused them to end the season at with five wins and seven losses. Look forward to the Eagles to make a good push next year as they become an official team. Quite a few of the members are doing indoor and club soccer this offseason so hopefully they will come out strong from the beginning and continue to do so all season. Good Luck Eagles!!!

Dont forget Anthony Edler was golie at one point wasnt he?

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Oh yeah Edler was a goalie for a little while. Didn't do bad at all but is better off out on the field scoring goals!

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

Most definitly

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

ok not to say we are a bad team but for anybody lookin for us to do much better next year dont get your hopes up cause we will play a full varsity schedual next year.

so dont get me wrong we are pretty good for a bunch of people with little soccer experience but we cant make up years of exp in one year.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

I see us getting alot better.
I myself am working 100% in the offseason and I know a few others that are as well. Hopefully people take it more seriously and we get more people interested. I know you were at every practice so I'm not pointing a finger at you or really anyone else I'm just hoping the people at our school treat soccer like a real sport.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Glad to see the kids at Eastern are taking this seriously....well done!

The way to get better is to always keep playing....Keep getting Touches on the ball...

If you'd like some help on any drills or anything just give me a PM...i'll be happy to help out

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Call Trimble. I hear they are trying to get a varsity program going...

Return to “Soccer”