Boys Southeast District Games/Scores

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Boys Southeast District Games/Scores

Post by danicalifornia »

ignert- That can be a sore subject with people. I was involved in multiple games in HS, where we won by over 10 goals, although, everytime the starters would be out when it was 5 or 6-0. Those games usually aren't fun for either team, especially when the winning team stops trying to score.

With my teams I coach now, if we get up 4-0, I start moving players around, trying to get the defenders or weaker skilled players to play up top, while keeping the forwards/better skilled in the back. Maybe bring the goalie out and give them a chance at a goal, while working someone without expirence in at the GK position. If it keeps being bad, who knows what you can do.

Here's a question though, does either Northwest or West have JV teams? If not, the varsity coaches may just be trying to get kids varsity expirence and they may be better than the opponent and the younger kids won't know how to miss high or wide either.

LHS soccer fan
Waterboy

Post by LHS soccer fan »

I fully agree with danicalifornia.....either use more of your bench, if you have one, or put offensive players on defense and let defense play some time on offense. And it is a good switch-up to put the GK in the field once in awhile....just to give them a different perspective of the game, as well as to reinforce what they may ask of their defense. If you have players that don't see action in close games, give them a chance to show what they can do. There's no reason to run a score up like that...it does NO good for either team!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I noticed that at 3-0 the coach started moving the starting forwards to midfield and putting the midfielders at forward. Not that midfielders don't score. They moved fullbacks to the forward positions in the latter stages of the first half. They ran a continuous clock starting part way through the first half. They even played 9 (Burg) on 11 at one point in the first half and another time 10 on 11--though that was more of a mistake than anything because they were switching everyone to different positions so much. They practiced passing though without playing keep-away. The JV played the entire second half. Varsity took maybe 18 shots in the game and the JV--I would guess about 8 or 9. There was only one goal in the second half (about 20 minutes in--and that one was more of a fluke than anything--bounce off a post and hit a player and bounced in) until West's coach put in their JV defense too and then there were some JV on JV scores. The last goal was simply mishandling by the keeper. The coach had already told them not to score more and it wasn't a serious contender for a goal--just a long bouncer to the keeper that 99 times out of 100 would have been handled.

Games like this does no one any good. But at least no one had to go to the hospital after THIS game. The concussion, seperated shoulder and ankle injuries that happened last week in their losses--to some of the Senators' better players--had more to do with the outcome of this game than what actually happened yesterday.

Personally, I have always thought that making a fuss about games like this and not simply moving on was one of the worse things that you can do to the losing team. Nothing like putting them in the spotlight. Personally I was glad no one threw this fuss when St. Joe scored 12 goals on them earlier this season. And I would rather have not have had to post the above about this latest game either.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

They ran a continuous clock starting part way through the first half.

I thought the clock ran continously in soccer anyway. Do they do high school different than pro?

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

BG77--They usually stop the clock for goals and for other certain instances. They didn't in this game. It shortened the game by about 5-10 minutes--and a lot of substitutions helped also cut the actual playing time.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Okay, thanks. Shows how many high school soccer games I've seen. lol

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

YOU should go to more. It would be appreciated by someone closely related to you!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

drrabbit wrote:YOU should go to more. It would be appreciated by someone closely related to you!

Yeah, I know. I've been trying to get my brother to send me Jons schedule so I can go to a few games. So far I've had to work on the nights he played. I'm hoping to see a few games this year though.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

sj soccer wrote:Does anyone have information on Point Pleasants soccer team? St. Joe has a home game Thursday with them.

I think they field 11 guys and try to kick the ball in their opponents net and keep their opponent from doing the same to them.

Just funnin with you CB i guess we'll see how good they are tonight.

GO FLYERS!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

scores

8/27
Macon Eastern Brown 3 Seaman North Adams 1

9/3
Seaman North Adams 1 West Union 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

9/4 scores

Wheelersburg 5 New Boston Glenwood 0
Ironton St.Joseph 3 Point Pleasant, WVa. 1
South Webster 6 Piketon 2
Circleville 2 Amanda Clearcreek 2
Madison Plains 3 Miami Trace 1
Last edited by a_c_m on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

Chillicothe 4
Unioto 0

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

9/4

Williamstown WV 4

Belpre 0

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union loses their first game of the year to Canal Winchester 3-0. Canal played a very good game and forced FU into playing their worst . Canal`s stopper, #1, was a beast all night as he was always in the right spot at the right time. FU needs to regroup and look to accomplish some other goals for the rest of the season. Keep your heads up boys!!!!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly stays undefeated in SOC play by beating Minford 4-3 on Thursday, 9/4

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

ignert1 wrote:Northwest 2
Clay 1

What happened?

I thought Clay somewhat turned things around, they had a nice "w" over New Boston, and then they let Northwest hand one to them?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

more 9/4 scores

Lancaster 0 Logan 0
Greenfield McClain 3 Washington Court House 3
South Point 5 Gallipolis Ohio Valley Christian 2
Ashville Teays Valley 16 Logan Elm 0
Steubenville Central Catholic 4 St. Clairsville 2 (East District)

need the following scores for 9/4
Portsmouth West at Lucasville Valley
Miami Trace at Madison Plains
Tyler Consolidated, W.Va. at Woodsville Monroe Central
Fayetteville Perry at Macon Eastern Brown

Thanks.

Return to “Soccer”