Boys Southeast District Games/Scores

Championship
JV Team

Re: Boys Southeast District Games/Scores/Records

Post by Championship »

Sports_Tracker wrote:Hat's off to South Point on a well played game. Very well coached team. Hope you do well in the post season.

thank you ... good luck to you guys as well, classy team didnt hear much trash talk throughout the game

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Athens 1
Logan 0

@ Logan on senior night

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

falcon01 wrote:athens??? really? they tied alexander...comeon!

the msl only has what 3 teams in the league who are in the se..

im not saying fu is going to win the district..i think itd be a stretch to think they will. But they are a good team and just dont get any respect for it. athens has won it many times and has had some GREAT teams, they beat fu in the finals a few years back and they were a great team. Chilli handed it to us a couple years ago, they too are a quality team. im not saying any of the teams you mentioned arent great teams but i just think fu should get some respect. you guys dont see them so you dont, i guess thats understandable too. be fun to watch the D2 district play out, alot of quality games to be played!

By the way falcon01, Athens also beat Alexander 5-0 in the other game. I was surprised you picked Athens as the one to single out of the list of teams considering Athens beat each one of those other strong teams in the regular season (except for Chillicothe, which Athens didn't play in the regular season.) I understand FU's frustration at not getting respect, but let's not dish it out to the current teams like Athens that aren't trying to downgrade your reputation.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

First off....I said their are 6 Southest Dst teams that could win the MSL, not would win it. In my opinion Athens, Chillicothe, Marietta, Logan, Warren, and Waverly would all be right there.

How did I come up with that? I have seen them all play.

Yes, Chillicothe lost 1-0 to TV but remember Chillicothe's leading scorer was sidelined with an injury suffered at the hands of a Unioto player in a previous game. Anyone who has watched Tony Skowronek play knows this made a huge difference. Could TV have still won? Sure, but it could just have easily been the other way
around. Congrats to Fairfield Union on a nice win and a great season so far. Keep it up.

Tonight's game at Bishop Watterson:

Chillicothe 2
Bishop Watterson 2

Chillicothe led 2-1 at half.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

falcon01 wrote:Fairfield union beats teays valley 1-0
fu is playing very very well.

didnt chilli lose to teays???............

Chillicothe stepped it up tonight and tied Bishop Watterson 2-2 tonight so I'm going to defend them on this because they have earned some of my respect. Falcon, I don't think you could try to dig much deeper. Chillicothe lost to Teays Valley 1-0 without the greatest goal scorer in the district and arguably the best player, Tony Skowronek. They also dominated shot totals in that game but just couldn't find the net. I have seen them play since then and talked to the teams followers since then and that may have been their worst game of the year. You say Fairfield Union is playing very very well and they only won 1-0 when Chillicothe lost by the same score on their worst night. If you want respect, go schedule a challenging game don't try to compare one match against one of your opposition's common opponents.

Wow it doesn't feel good to support them but they earned it this time.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

your buddy bucknut got the comparing going on...so i had to use it!

good luck to everyone in the tourney...no matter who wins like i said before there are going to be some great games.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Congrats Bucknuts and to the Chillicothe Cavaliers for representing Southern Ohio well tonight. Nice to see a Southern Ohio team compete against a Central Ohio team especially with some of the finest coaches that Waterson has. I know both Coaches from Waterson and their club teams bring home many victories.

Congrats from your friends at Wheelersburg!

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

soccerfanatic wrote:
By the way falcon01, Athens also beat Alexander 5-0 in the other game. I was surprised you picked Athens as the one to single out of the list of teams considering Athens beat each one of those other strong teams in the regular season (except for Chillicothe, which Athens didn't play in the regular season.) I understand FU's frustration at not getting respect, but let's not dish it out to the current teams like Athens that aren't trying to downgrade your reputation.

Only one way Fairfield will get the respect or disrespect that some on here feel they deserve - let tournament play speak for itself. If FU wins District, then they deserve it. If they go out badly in first game, don't expect anything other than "I told you sos" and assorted excuses. You want the respect, you go out and earn/take it.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

^^i honestly feel you are right...i hope fu can do that. While im not sure i think they can win the district i think they can play anyone down to the wire and hope they can play as well as they have been.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

10/7 scores

Minford 7 Jackson 1
South Webster 3 Chillicothe Zane Trace 0
Athens 1 Logan 0
Bloom Carroll 5 Albany Alexander 1
London 1 Washington Court House 0
Zanesville Rosecans 3 Newark Licking Vallely 1
Chillicothe 2 Columbus Bishop Watterson 2

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

10/8 score...

Athens 10

Belpre 0

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

can anyone give a summary of the minford/jackson game....

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

FU didn't have these teams on there regular season schedule, but did play them in preseason. Pick. North who they tied, Cambridge lost 2-1 on a pk, Lancaster who we split with, Logan who we lost 1-0, not all wins and just preseason. Still this is a pretty good indication of the abilities of this team. will they win the district? Only time will tell.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Southeast District Soccer Tournament Division III

Saturday, 10/11

#6 seed Leesburg Fairfield 2-12-1 at #3 seed Lynchburg Clay 7-4-1 (3:00)

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point over Northwest 3-1

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Chillicothe wins over Marietta in the SEOAL championship game 2-0. Tony gets first goal on a PK beginning the second half. Drew Basil scores from the forward position the second goal.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

South Point-3
Northwest-1
Final
South Point scores on a nice set piece to open up the scoring.
Northwest goal by Chaise Hall, assisted by Kyle Trapp.
South Point passes the ball extremely well, keeper had a really good game. Alot of questionable calls, especially late in the game when SP's keeper goes down and NW had a wide open goal, ref. stops play to check on keeper, keep was out of the play, NW had the advantage just outside the box. Hopefully the keeper is OK, with tourney coming up.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

10/9

Unioto 3
Alexander 0

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

10/9

Jackson-5 Wheelersburg-2

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

scores

10/7
Greenfield McClain 3 Blanchester 3
Hillsboro 6 Miami Trace 1
Piketon 5 Beaver Eastern Pike 2

10/8
Portsmouth West 2 Ironton St.Joseph 1
Seaman North Adams 3 Fayetteville Perry 2

10/9
Ironton St.Joseph 7 Greenup County, Ky. 1
Hillsboro 5 Greenfield McClain 0
Bloom Carroll 10 Logan Elm 0
Miami Trace 1 Washington Court House 0
Hamilton Township 4 Circleville 0
Chillicothe Zane Trace 2 Madison Christian School 1
Columbus Briggs 6 Piketon 0
London 1 London Madison Plains 0

10/11
Hillsboro 4 Chillicothe Zane Trace 3
Berlin Hiland 14 Woodsfield Monroe Central 0 (East District Division III Tournament)
Last edited by a_c_m on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Soccer”