Waverly vs. Minford, Oct. 2

socman
Varsity

Re: Waverly vs. Minford, Oct. 2

Post by socman »

Waverly really needs to take some pride and step up their play on the defensive end. They can score with the best of them but the rest of this season and post season will go as the defense goes. They simply can't give up 3 goals a game to good teams. If their defense steps up and plays with more tenacity and intelligence Waverly will win this game hands down. If not Waverly might pull it off by a score of 6-4 or get beat 5-4. Either way the game is in the hands of Waverly's back line.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

HEY MAINTENANCEMAN SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Minford gave up goals to Waverly on long runs through the defense. If Minford packs the defense in like they did in the second half against Waverly (either 1 or 0 goals given up, i don't remember) I think they pull a way with a tight win. But, if Minford lets Blanford run through the middle untouched with the ball, the Falcons lose by a couple. Waverly hasn't played a second half in a long time, and Minford has been conditioning since June, so whether Waverly doesn't have the physical or mental conditioning for two halves is up for debate. Waverly must play well the second half or they will have a tough time winning.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

minford 4 waverly 2. hope to get to see this one.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I know both teams are getting pumped up for this one!
Does Minford have any matches early this week? Waverly travels to Zane Trace on Tuesday to face a Pioneers team who recently lost to the Burg 2-0!
Does anyone know if ZT is surging or did the Pirates just have an off-game?

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

PC Ohio..... I think what you are seeing is at this time in the season, any team can be beaten at any given time. Most teams are probably peaking now and playing good team soccer. Zane Trace played very well. It was a very physical good game.

Hope to catch that game on Thursday. Should be a good one to watch.

hitman2238
Waterboy

Post by hitman2238 »

I cant wait for this game. I believe its going to be a close one with both teams leaving it all on the pitch. I see no true advantages on either team the both have very capable scorers with minfords price and warren and waverlys blanford. I expect this one to come down to who wants it more in the second half. If newsome the stopper plays as well as i have seen him before i believe he will take control of that defense and be able to shut down waverlys scoring threats. Good luck to both teams cant wait for this showdown for the SOCCCC TITLE

t10
Waterboy

Post by t10 »

i hope that minford comes out on top in this one... my prediction would be 4-3 since at home. As long as Price and Warren have a good game then it shouldnt be a problem. Duncan has to play good as well because waverly has great shooters. Game of the Week!

Blackout
Waterboy

Post by Blackout »

Minford wins 2-1 with a comeback victory. Waverly scored in the 25th minute of the first half. Minford came out with a go about 45 seconds into the 2nd half. with bout 15 mins left Cody Warren flicked it out of reach of the keeper and tapped it into the goal for his 2nd goal of the game. Duncan Jordan was hurt in the 1st half trying for save and came out for about 5 mins but showed his toughness and went back into the game. Minford ties Waverly for the SOC title. CONGRATS FALCONS and a great job to Coach Lee Sanford and Theresa Havens on a great win.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Good Match tonight! Both teams played aggressively and it was fun to watch!
I know the Tigers hated to share the title, but Minford earned their share tonight!

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Good job falcons on your win!!...Very aggressive game from the falcons and they played tough all night long!...Great job on brining' a piece of the SOC back to Minford boys!! :122245

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

pcohio wrote:I would consider it a "slump" if Waverly was losing to teams that they should be beating! They lost to Burg on a last minute goal and to a Chillicothe team that would easily beat any other school in the SOC!
The Tigers aren't reeling from these losses, but now are more focused than ever to bring home the SOC crown! The problem all year has been coming out strong in the second half of a match and if they can cure this problem by the end of the season, they should be in great shape to win this match vs. Minford!

Interesting quote from last year.. Now at 2-2-1 I wander if they are in a "slump". Last year Waverly shared the soc title with minford, they had an undefeated JV squad, were considered by most the team to win it this year [ including myself] even when interviewed by the PDT the coach was only concerned about playing a tough chillicothe team. Perhaps it's just Karma!

I hope things turn around for them soon they truly have some of the most tallented kids I have seen and a coach with real potential if Karma doesn't stand in his way.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Seems like things are goin down hill for the tigers after the loss to Unioto and now to minford it could be an even longer year. Guess coach didn't scout the SOC talent too well huh? A tie with burg and a loss to minford but if everything being said is true it could get even uglier for them. The SOC is all but out of reach for them and with rematches with Burg and Minford it may be too late for them. Karma is a witch LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

They also play south webster which will probably be an even tougher game than Burg or Minford and then don't forget about the team they are truly worried about [chillicothe]. Best of luck Tigers!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Unioto loss has little to do with anything. The league losses they now have due to the ineligible player probably played a role in last nights loss. Coming into the game with Minford the Tigers had 3 league losses (West, Burg, New Boston) and I'd say some of the kids felt there was nothing to play for - hard to make up 3 games on the league leader.

It's up to the coaches now to keep these kids playing hard.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

melt down in waverly. sorry to see it. tough for team to rebound. minford is good club and can win anytime. tigers are not helping themselves. unioto and minford losses will effect tourney draw. forfeit games probable won't.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rx- I hope it's not a meltdown, but with them being in the loaded South section of the D2 draw, it looks like they will have to win 2 road games to even get out of the sectional. They have a very solid core group of players and coaches and should be able to bounce back and make some noise before the draw.

Return to “Soccer”