Soccer Officials

nosoccrcoach
Waterboy

Soccer Officials

Post by nosoccrcoach »

Can someone tell me why games are being cancelled because of officials. Tonight is the second game this week that I know of. Is there anything the public or schools can do to help get more officials. People wonder why soccer doesn't get any respect. Could you imagine telling a football coach he had to cancel a game for lack of officials. These communities would go crazy. Hopefully someone can find a solution. Thanks

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: Soccer Officials

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I'd say the best thing to do is to talk to recently graduated players and get them interested in becoming officials.

Comparing soccer to football is crazy when you look at the number of high school football players there are versus the number of high school soccer players there are. The reason I say that is because I feel the former players are the pool from which officials are recruited. I'd love to be a soccer official but I know nothing about the game. Find people who know the game and work some recruiting magic.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

do the refs work both games when there is a JV and Varsity doublehearder?

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

Yes they do. They are also paid for both games.

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

I agree ignert with you on why some officals from other area's of the state won't come to our neck of the woods . It is because alot of people are un educated about the game . So i think we will keep seeing this problme!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

with gas prices like they are you are crazy to travel too far to officiate. having coaches help call games is better than canceling, but one official cannot call a high school game.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

The best plan would be to get these "uneducated" people in a (referee) classroom and kill two birds with one stone...
1) They would learn more about the game and then become more "educated"
2) They would be certified to referee high school soccer and then they could learn what it feels like when "uneducated" people yell stupid crap from the stands! (Or is that THREE birds with one stone??)

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

soccer educated fans would not change anything. southern ohio is been a football area for ever, and i attend many high school games and hear many "educated"fans acting like fools. officials have a tough job. unfortunately, some are good at it and some are not. if more people officiated it would thin out the bad ones.

Return to “Soccer”