Marietta #2 vs Chillicothe #1 (Round 3)

brutally honest
Varsity

Re: Marietta #2 vs Chillicothe #1 (Round 3)

Post by brutally honest »

I disagree with the call against Skowronek and agree with the call that some were calling controversial.

This statement, like fanofsoccer's statement, is coming from a neutral person as well.

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

If the linesman thought that one of the marietta players touched the ball on way into the marietta player that scored the goal then he would have been in the offside position. The center saw that no one touched it therefore its a goal.

As a referee if you are not in line with the last defender it is hard to see who was offside when. When the offside call was made on Tony I was sitting with Marietta fans and couldn't tell if it was right. If you were sitting with the Chilli fans I am sure you couldn't tell.

All in all it was a very well played and refed game. Kids from both teams conducted themselves well and I didn't see anything that I would consider "dirty".

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

if any team that should be playing at the va statium it should be chillicothe

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

magic man wrote:if any team that should be playing at the va statium it should be chillicothe

different topic....same post....still ignorant

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

Rest assured, this "Chillicothe should be there" talk is not coming from the staff.

Let it go fans. Its over. Yes, there were questionable calls. We get a lot of those in the southeast district. Some are tougher than others. To advance you have to play well (which we did) and you also need some luck at times.

Both teams will be back very strong next year. It's become a good rivalry.

Marietta put themselves in a position to win, regardless of the calls. If Chillicothe would have finished better they would not have been in that position.

The game was well played by both squads. To say Marietta was not deserving of the win would be a discredit to how well they played.

soccernut
Freshman Team

Post by soccernut »

Well said Bucknut, its hard to take a loss no matter how it comes. We lost to Athens in the second set of PK's. That was rough. But someone has to loss.

Marietta and Chilli should be at the top next year. Marietta is graduating two starting seniors and I think Chilli is graduating one starting senior. Should make for some intense matches.

How many is Athens graduating?

Should be a fun next year. Season is way to short.

Return to “Soccer”