Clay Panthers 2009?

pan-man
Freshman Team

Clay Panthers 2009?

Post by pan-man »

With the Panthers being as young as they are and getting some time under their shin-guards, what does the future hold for the Panthers? Your comments.

my comment is that they could be very competetive next year. Holding Minford to 2 goals in the first half of the game this year. I am gonna enjoy watching this team grow.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Re: Clay Panthers 2009?

Post by Mr_player »

They were and still will be a young team. Last year they only had one senior and no juniors.
This coming year they should be very competitive.

Will they still have the girl goalie?what grade is she in, and how good is she?

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by BeAWarrior »

The Panthers will still be very young. They lost the majority of their team two seasons ago and are still rebounding.

They will need a few more seasons before they are seriously competitive in the league, or in general.

The girl goalie is Holly Hemplle, I believe she is a Sophomore this year, which would make her a Junior for next season. Im not sexist at all, but she is great for a girl. You dont find many girls out there that will starp on the keeper gloves. That being said, this is Clay we are talking about. In a given game you're going to have 50 shots taken against you...odds are you're going to save 20+. DO NOT GET ME WRONG THOUGH. GIRL CAN PLAY.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

I still think the panthers could be very competetive next year. Holly hempill is most likely gonna be in the goal, the fullbacks should be Singer, Keeton (all soc 1st team), Ruby(2nd team), and then the 2nd year player Crumm. The mid-field will probaly be Carter, Valentine, Jordan, and then Kelli (2nd team). They will most likely play 2 sweepers(not sure of who though).All of them coming off a 2-14 year, but all are freshman and sophmores. Not to mention hey are gonna get exchange students every year, so that will be a big help.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

well, i hope they do well in the upcoming year

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

Holly Hempill is an awesome goalie especially for a girl. Even though they lost several games this past season they seemed to be able to keep the scores low. I think, and hope, they will be better in the '09 season.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

she is a good goalie but would be even better with a stronger back line. clay is on the right path and i hope they continue to get support and play from their student body.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

hopefully the panthers can pull off a good season.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

If their defense can step it up a notch, I'd say they will go far

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I'm not too sure how they will do with this upcoming season, but it just seems to me that they don't have the depth that they need to do as well as what they could.
pan-man wrote:my comment is that they could be very competetive next year. Holding Minford to 2 goals in the first half of the game this year. I am gonna enjoy watching this team grow.

With the Panthers being as young as they are and getting some time under their shin-guards, what does the future hold for the Panthers? Your comments.

my comment is that they could be very competetive next year. Holding Minford to 2 goals in the first half of the game this year. I am gonna enjoy watching this team grow.

They may have held minford to only 2 in the half, but i think minford came into that game a little bit over confident and kinda laid down the first half.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

They may have held minford to only 2 in the half, but i think minford came into that game a little bit over confident and kinda laid down the first half.

they might have, but still all freshmen and sophmores, they did really good

hempimp14
Freshman Team

Post by hempimp14 »

well about hempill...
she is my cousin and she can play...
cant do much but goalie but she has been a goalie for clay ever since she started playin and she is really good at it
she deffinitaly isnt afraid to play with the boys
i think clay will do alot better

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Do you think they have a chance at being competitive for the SOC at all this year????? I think they do. :122246 :122246 :122246

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Yea I think Clay will be in the race for SOC im excited to see what happens this year coming!!!

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Now don't get me wrong, Holly can play, BUT she can't get to the corners fast enough. If the shot is with in a hands reach, it's not going in, but if it is the corners, GOAL

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Will they have the same coach? Having talent is one thing, but getting everyone working together is another. If the same coach is returning then he should have a good idea of how to bring the team together.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I'm not sure exactly what there coaching situation is but I heard the other day that they had a new coach but not for sure.Anybody else heard anything??

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

Yes, So i have heard that clay is getting their coach back

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

I just found out Holly Hempill is not playing soccer this year, can anyone tell me why????
a big loss for the panthers

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

cannot blame a young lady for not playing co-ed soccer. regardless of her skill she is not match for a 180 lb senior young man. ive seen it over the years that up to jr high girls can compete, but high school shows the differences. she was a good player but hard to compete day after day with the boys. if she is not playing good luck to her.

Return to “Soccer”