Soc Predictions for next year

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Soc Predictions for next year

Post by TrojanXplosion »

maintenanceman wrote:You are completely right. Waverly had quit using the boomball style while Purpero was in school, and Minford had stopped relying on it while Price was at the helm.

I think Burg's success last year was partly due to their regression from the boomball formula. Wes Lyons was a lot of why they stayed away from that style, and I think that is why they will struggle this year. Waverly has firmly entrenched themselves as a traditional passing team and I really think they will dissect many of the young defenses this year.

Your knowledge of all the area teams is amazing. I really enjoy reading the tremendous posts. Keep up the good work. You are smarter than you look...lol....j/k..

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

FalconFan,

You are a true gentleman who has the strength of more than one small child :)

Remember...if you're at sleep away camp, never trust the quiet girl with "a little something extra going on" :122249

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Playing long ball wins in the SOC. Coaches need to move past what simply wins games and need to put plans in place for long term results. Also, coaches that played at the "next level" and come back to coach will help this. Remember Scioto county is the last place to change.....

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

RxBurgFan wrote:Playing long ball wins in the SOC. Coaches need to move past what simply wins games and need to put plans in place for long term results. Also, coaches that played at the "next level" and come back to coach will help this. Remember Scioto county is the last place to change.....

Yes the long ball does win games,but if teams in the SOC would try to steer away from this style of play,I think it would make a huge difference in play.Not to mention the fact that you would have to rely more on ball handling skills,and not just having someone send the ball over the top and running after it.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

That's true, but they seem to have regressed a little and the only team that I think is going away from the boom ball is Waverly

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

thenoose wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:Playing long ball wins in the SOC. Coaches need to move past what simply wins games and need to put plans in place for long term results. Also, coaches that played at the "next level" and come back to coach will help this. Remember Scioto county is the last place to change.....

Yes the long ball does win games,but if teams in the SOC would try to steer away from this style of play,I think it would make a huge difference in play.Not to mention the fact that you would have to rely more on ball handling skills,and not just having someone send the ball over the top and running after it.

There is a time for a long, over the top pass and there is also a time for good passes and good ball movement. You have to have them both in order to go anywhere in the tourny.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

There's a difference between an over-the-top pass and "boom ball". The OTT Pass has to have some sort of purpose behind it other than just kicking the crap out of the ball. Scioto Co. defenders then to boot the ball up field with no real intend of placing it any particular place about 75% of the time they touch the ball

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

i've think webster and jackson a couple of years ago didn't use the "boom ball"...they tried to build up then play it through to quick forwards

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

anybody else ready for fall so we can get out on the pitch and play some soccer?? :-D

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

ha i'll be home this weekend and i'm trying to play then...lol

is anyone playing this summer anywhere?

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Hey NDC, I think I might have played a little club soccer with you. With the great Kevin Peacock.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

NDC Soccer wrote:ha i'll be home this weekend and i'm trying to play then...lol

is anyone playing this summer anywhere?

I don't know about any summer leagues, but i know that Minford usually goes to the Ohio High School Cup in July and they're going again this year

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

ah haven't heard that name in a while.....Great moments with and without him...lol

ah sadly to say i'm a little to old to be playing Ohio Cup....but i was thinking for like Open Fields.....last summer i pratically lived at Jackson/Valley's field turf. just wondering if anymore will be goin on

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

maintenanceman where did you play at?..i'm trying to recall who all was on that team

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I played my high school ball in Scioto county, but now I've been relegated to IM Soccer in Illinois :)

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

hmm.....

where did you play on the field....still drawing blanks...lol

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Goodness man, I was a middie most of the time. Usually on one of the wings. I was the handsome one with the good hair :) Not the annoying kid from Gallia County haha.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

haha which one with good hair....that year we had about 4 or 5 people that could've won best hair...lol...

not Gallia, huh?....how about that one time in spanish class....lol

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

maintenance man and NDC maybe you two should go to "private" forum. pretty boring info in the predictions section of the soccer forum. best of luck in finding out who each other might be.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

easy Rx...seeing as there is sooooo much conversation going on in this forum lol.

Don't take the internet too seriously it's all in fun:)

Return to “Soccer”