CLAY MAY LOSE SOCCER PROGRAM FOR 2008

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Re: CLAY MAY LOOSE SOCCER PROGRAM FOR 2008

Post by OVClocal »

wow, thats not good, this however shows that consolidation is a good thing, there are negatives to consolidation but it would solve this problem

A heads up to the players and parents......if you go on vacation in august you should not be permitted to play a fall sport

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Re: CLAY MAY LOSE SOCCER PROGRAM FOR 2008

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

June and July are the months for vacation if you have kids that play fall sports. I haven't been on vacation in August in SEVERAL years.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I agree with OVClocal. August is not the time to take a family vacation if you child is engaged in fall sports. Everyone knows for southern ohio soccer that the week that has the 1st day of august in it you can't practice with the ball and its strickly conditioning and the week after that is the first week of practice. It been that way for as many years as I can remember and, truth be told, I believe they should let teams practice and start conditioning earlier if the coach feels it is necessary.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Hey, Ignert1, your name is telling us a lot.

I think you are passing along rumors not facts. If you are so close to the team (as you seem to be) why don't you ask the coach what he knows about the situation and what directions he was given about the future of the team. And why are you badmouthing their AD. McCleese can't play for them.

Besides, aren't you one of the ones who thought "Pele" was going to PHS to play soccer , a school that doesn't even have soccer and hasn't had it in years.

I agree with the others. Parents should be responsible enough to make sure their kids (if they want to play fall sports) should not be on vacations. Practices have always started at the beginning of August for fall sports and many of them have all types of open gyms and preparations even before that. And players should be responsible enough to be at the practices--not at the fair walking around, not on vacation, not at birthday parties, not sitting at home because they simply don't want to run.

I would commend the school (and AD) for talking to the coach/team (if that is what actually happened). They need to either get the team together by the time the season begins or the season should be cancelled. New Boston had to do it for baseball last year. This isn't biddy ball or youth league or mommy's little group of neighbor kids who get together to play where you can make up the rules as you go. It is not fair to the other players, the team, the school, and the other area soccer teams. You can't play with 10!

Did they participate at the New Boston super scrimmage? How many showed up to play? Was their "supposed" star there?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I know that clay is not going to have a u15 team either. this is the age group that ultimately feeds the high school program. i hope they come up with a way to solve the lack of soccer players

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

I heard that the coach was making the kids run alot, and that several players were quiting. This is coming from one of the other players. Score of one of the games today was 11-0. Clay lost.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

What did the kids think they were getting into? Soccer is a game that if you are not well conditioned then you aren't going to be any good.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

snowman wrote:Hey, Ignert1, your name is telling us a lot.

I think you are passing along rumors not facts. If you are so close to the team (as you seem to be) why don't you ask the coach what he knows about the situation and what directions he was given about the future of the team. And why are you badmouthing their AD. McCleese can't play for them.

Besides, aren't you one of the ones who thought "Pele" was going to PHS to play soccer , a school that doesn't even have soccer and hasn't had it in years.

I agree with the others. Parents should be responsible enough to make sure their kids (if they want to play fall sports) should not be on vacations. Practices have always started at the beginning of August for fall sports and many of them have all types of open gyms and preparations even before that. And players should be responsible enough to be at the practices--not at the fair walking around, not on vacation, not at birthday parties, not sitting at home because they simply don't want to run.

I would commend the school (and AD) for talking to the coach/team (if that is what actually happened). They need to either get the team together by the time the season begins or the season should be cancelled. New Boston had to do it for baseball last year. This isn't biddy ball or youth league or mommy's little group of neighbor kids who get together to play where you can make up the rules as you go. It is not fair to the other players, the team, the school, and the other area soccer teams. You can't play with 10!

Did they participate at the New Boston super scrimmage? How many showed up to play? Was their "supposed" star there?

No, I was the one that didn't realize Portsmouth didn't have soccer, but then again I don't follow the sport that closely because I'd rather watch high school football than soccer. I knew Portsmouth had a team in the past, but had no idea they had dropped it.

Also, were in the hell is everyone getting this Pele crap. I never once mentioned that the boy in question is a superstar ot the next best thing to buttered bread. All I said was he would have been an asset to Portsmouths team(if they had one)because he's lightning fast and can score when given the chance(something last years Clay coach didn't give him very often).

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

BurgGrad77, I think the Portsmouth soccer program has only been disbarred for a couple of years, so you aren't that far behind.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I can't blame a coach or ad for wanting players around for practice/scrimmages. Everyone knows that fall sports start practice in August. If parents want kids to play/succeed they should plan vacations so they don't interfere.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

what's the latest on the team? team or not?

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I'm pretty sure Family comes WAY ahead of Sports. Sometimes August is the only time parents can get vacations. Where is the coaches priorities at when trying to tell parents when to take THEIR vacations? You mide as well tell the kids who are involved with the fair that they can't play fall sports either since a lot of them land in August.

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

if you miss practice , you should miss games......if you go on vacation and miss 6 practices then you should miss 6 games

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

In my experience, the best players don't miss practice. They seem to understand what it takes to be the best. The younger players and those that don't really understand commitment are the ones that miss and it shows on the field as well.

I would say Clay has a team. They had 12 at the New Boston scrimmage.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Those involved in fall sports take their vacations in June or July. You can't miss practices, scrimmages, etc. in August - it's that simple.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Philos_Finest wrote:I'm pretty sure Family comes WAY ahead of Sports. Sometimes August is the only time parents can get vacations. Where is the coaches priorities at when trying to tell parents when to take THEIR vacations? You mide as well tell the kids who are involved with the fair that they can't play fall sports either since a lot of them land in August.

You're right, family does come before sports. No one would blame a kid for taking a family vacation in August. It must also be acknowledged that if practice/scrimmages are missed, there could be some consequences.

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

Yes they have a team and by the way McCleese is not the AD. He retired after last season. He may help from time to time, but Mr. Rose is the new AD.

Return to “Soccer”