SOC Scores and standings

Keegan
Freshman Team

SOC Scores and standings

Post by Keegan »

With the start of the season I thought we would try doing this again so we could keep up with who was doing what. Please post any results for upcoming matches

Keegan
Freshman Team

Re: SOC Scores and standings

Post by Keegan »

South Webster 6 New Boston 3
Burg 2 Minford 0

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

SOC I Wins Losses Ties Points
1. South Webster 4 1 0 8
2. Valley 2 2 0 4
3. Clay 1 2 0 2
4. New Boston 0 5 0 0

SOC II
1. Waverly 5 0 0 10
2. Burg 4 1 0 8
3. Minford 3 2 0 6
4. Northwest 1 3 0 2
5. West 0 3 0 0
Last edited by Keegan on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Tuesday August 19
Waverly 12
Northwest 0

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Anybody have a roundup of the Burg vs. Minford match?
Who looked good? What are some of these team's strengths and weaknesses?

Waverly looked sharp against an overmatched Northwest squad...The Tigers were lead by 5 goals from Isaac Blanford (Senior) and 3 goals by Kennedy Roseberry (Freshman).
Despite the scoreline, the Mohawk's Keeper (Name?) did a fine job and was the only reason Waverly didn't score about 5 or 6 more...

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Is it only two points for a win in HS Soccer?
Also, shouldn't you flip-flop Valley and Clay in your standings?

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

That's what DRRabbit reported last season. I'll try to keep up with the schedule and keep the standings as up-to-date as I can

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

PCOHIO...I have a bit of a review of the Minford/Burg Game.

From my perspective (slightly bias toward Minford, but only slightly;) Minford controlled possession about 60/40. Minford had many good looks in the first half as well as second, but couldn't finish. That will have to come together. The Minford mids played well, winning a great deal of 50-50 balls and controlling play alot, however there was little cohesion between the midfield and the strikers. Minford's defense had trouble clearing the ball out a great deal of the time, and the left side was pretty shaky. Defense on set pieces is always scary for Minford. Jake Hackworth had a very good game, despite shooting over the goal. Nonetheless, I would play Evan Price at midfield rather than forward where he is, he could create many more opportunities/space for himself in the midfield. Cody Warren showed no signs of injury coming in after Wheelersburg scored 1-0. Minford struggled a lot with passing as well, passing with no purpose but to clear the ball up field most times.

Wheelersburg looked like the lesser of the two teams to me (sorry 'Burg fans, I am a Minford fan, but I'm not trying to slight your team at all, they won after all;). Their touch seemed to be off a bit, but it was the first game after all. Lewis seemed to be a non-factor to me, though he may have helped set up one of the two goals (not exactly sure who had the assists) . Both Burg goals came from confusion by the Minford Defenders in front of the net as Minford had great trouble clearing the ball. Wheelersburg was much better passing the ball than Minford, but the defense had some trouble clearing the ball up field/getting a good foot on the ball. Lewis, in my opinion, should also be playing in the Midfield for the same reasons Evan should, but Coach Boll has forgot more about soccer than I will ever know so I'm sure he has good reasons to play Lewis up top. The Midfield was relatively week for Wheelersburg, but 14 was very strong (I believe he was playing in the midfield, but he could have easily been playing up top). You can definitely tell that 'Burg misses a midfield "qb" like Wes Lyon (though I think Lewis could rise above and beyond that role in the midfield).

Both keepers had very good games. Minford's keeper was not at fault for either goal, and was very well positioned on free kicks. Burg's keeper had some amazing saves as well. Neither team/keeper takes very good goal kicks, but I doubt any keeper in the league boots the ball as far as Minford's Duncan Jordan.

Hopefully that helps. Sorry to write a book, and sorry if I offended any one, it was definitely not my intention to.

Big games tomorrow, and I'll be watching Waverly and West.

Sorry for a pretty big critique of the negatives of the game, but as a relatively young former player, I'm still focusing too much on what I think needs to be different in the games.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I would have to disagree about Lewis. He was very aggressive up front putting pressure on the ball, making runs, getting the 2nd goal, and setting up the first one. I agree that Burg does not have a "field general" in the midfield, but that's because a lot of their play is still the ole fashion "boom ball"

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Minford 1 South Webster 0
Goal from Evan Price unassisted with about 35-32 minutes left in the second half.

On a side note please keep a young lady that was in the stands in your thoughts and prayers tonight. Toward the end of the game she collapsed. Not sure on the condition, but I don't think it was anything too serious

Waverly 9 West 0

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Even though this doesn't affect the SOC standings

Jackson 3 South Webster 2

Goal 1: Braden Ruth with an assist from Brice Patterson
Goal 2: Tanner Lawhun with an assist from Adam Rice

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

I
Team.................. W L Pts
Valley Indians ......... 2 0 4
South Webster Jeeps.. 2 1 4
Clay Panthers.......... 0 2 0
New Boston Tigers.... 0 2 0
II
Team....................... W L Pts
Waverly Tigers.............. 3 0 6
Wheelersburg Pirates....... 1 1 2
Minford Falcons ............ 1 1 2
Northwest Mohawks ........ 1 1 2
West Portsmouth Senators . 0 2 0
Last edited by vballsoccer178 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Go Tigers! Bring on those Falcons!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Waverly 3 Burg 2
South Webster 7 Clay 1

Vballsoccer178, What scores am I missing to get the standing that you have up right now
Last edited by Keegan on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Here's what games I have (not all games are SOC games)

8/19/2008

Waverly Tigers 12, Northwest Mohawks 0
Wheelersburg Pirates 2, Minford Falcons 0
Valley Indians 1, Clay Panthers 0
South Webster Jeeps 6, New Boston Tigers 3
Ironton St. Joe 12, West Portsmouth Senators 2

8/21/2008

Minford Falcons 1, South Webster Jeeps 0
Waverly Tigers 9, West Portsmouth Senators 0

8/23/2008

Jackson Ironmen 3, South Webster Jeeps 2
West Union 3, Clay Panthers 2