Senators Soccer Lineup

Crew Soccer
Waterboy

Senators Soccer Lineup

Post by Crew Soccer »

I've been a fan of Senators Soccer for quite a while now. I've notice a change in this years lineup. I was watching West play at previews and i was not pleased with there performance. I also noticed a extreamly diffrent lineup up front (forward, and midfield) also a diffrent formation. Do you think the change in formation and position is for the better of the worse?

BeAWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Senators Soccer Lineup

Post by BeAWarrior »

I wish the Senators well, however, Id say they will only improve a few games from last season. Another team having a rebuilding year, or couple of years. I look for West to put out a solid team again in a few years, Hopefully!

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I would just like to say I wish the kids from West all the Luck this season and that I will miss being their coach. They are in good hands and they will never give up. I will be there watching some of the games and pulling for them all the way!!!!! Go Senators and May God Bless You All!!!!

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

Seeing as the first game ended 12-2 for us I'm going to have to say it's for the worse..But things may change still it's early and we're a young team.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Not trying to be a smartarse, but if West got beat 12-2, they have alot bigger problems than what formation the coach decides to go with.*

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

good luck senators. takes time to turn a program. just keep improving each week.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

I wouldn't buy to much into previews or the first game. From what I heard the St Joe team that defeated West is much improved from that of the last 5-10 years.

West is really really young and inexperienced from the players to the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see how this year goes. They have some dangerous weapons, but no supporting cast. You will see flashes and glimpses of improvement in this years team compared to that of the last 2 years. My hope is that each year they can build on that and become something other than a bottom feeder in the league.

Play with pride PWHS!

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

I think the senators have a pretty good line up but they just need to pull it together and do some more talking and play some team soccer.

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

I watched the west and st. Joe game and seen a lot of talent sitting on the bench. That #14 Emma Ferguson seems pretty good she was real aggressive. Maybe the coaching staff needs to reconsider who they play the whole game.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

art_vandelay wrote:Not trying to be a smartarse, but if West got beat 12-2, they have alot bigger problems than what formation the coach decides to go with.*

Well after we changed the formation the second half only one goal was scored.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

And you were probably playing their 3rd team freshmen.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

---- wrote:And you were probably playing their 3rd team freshmen.

No we were still playing their Varsity. Thank you very much..

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

ignert1 wrote:SS, give us the lowdown on the boy from Germany? who scored three goals in the first half against NW. How good is he, and how bad did he get hurt in that game? Sound like he might be a big help to West.

He is an amazing ball handler, and most of his shots our dead on.. But he seems to cramp up almost every game and he get's really mad whenever another player pushes into him.. Overall though he is one of the best soccer players I have played with.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

dissapointed to see the results from the NW game.... Hopefully they can pull it together and put together a full 80 minutes and get some W's...

cmon west

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

ignert1 wrote:I think it's great when the exchange students mix in with the local players. They can teach them a lot about the game. Clay has a boy from Brazil who from what I heard tonight after practice should be an impact player for them. Our guys learned a lot from the boy from South Korea last year.

Play with exchange students has been one of the best experiences I've had in soccer..

Gates
Waterboy

Post by Gates »

I went to a practice for the Senators this year and was disappointed with some of the varsity players. Instead of running, doing drills or anything productive, a couple kids were trying "bicycle kicks" and chasing each other, sitting on the ground, playing with sunglasses. It was like watching recess. All while the JV were actually practicing. No, this was not during a water break. This goofing around even took place at the end of practice Varsity vs JV scrimmage.

I'm not surprised at all with this years record.
No heart.

That's been one of the major problems for this program. When I played, nobody cared if we lost. That was just expected of the team. It wasn't until the graduating class of 06 came in that this program had any heart.

Wolfe and Marasek are an exception to the team not having any heart.

Hopefully the juniors learn from this season and start taking things seriously.

Return to “Soccer”