West 2 St' Joe 1 What an upset!!!!!

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

West 2 St' Joe 1 What an upset!!!!!

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

west upset st' joe 2-1 what do you guys think about that one.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Re: West 2 St' Joe 1 What an upset!!!!!

Post by Senators_soccer »

I think we just tackled one of the best teams in our area...West is finally starting to play as a team but we're just a little bit late....

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

The way that West played Waverly last week I'm not surprised. West might be the most improved team in the district. The two exchange students add quite a bit but the new coach has them playing. Last year's coach kept them going when the odds were against them so give him some credit. What I appreciate is that they play clean and are good kids.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I don't think it is that big of an upset. Because the first game was at St. Joe. St. Joe always seem to play better at home. Beyond it being a home game the field is so small that it is difficult for other teams to come in and play who are used to a big field. The small field cuts down on the long passes and the defense always seems to have a kid in the way. This also happens in the youth league when South Point plays there. Their field is so small at Ironton that I think we only beat the Ironton team by 1 but at home we beat them 4-1. The same thing happened to South Point High as well we lost 8-1 at the Flyers field and beat them by about the same score at the Pointer field. I don't know if it is conditioning of the Flyers not used to running on such a big field or it is the small field that gets the other teams out of sinc. Either way St. Joe has improved so much over the years they shouldn't hang their head over this loss.

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

Congratulations to the Portsmouth West Senators/Siders on a hard fought well deserved victory. Good luck in the tournament.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations to the Senators' soccer team!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

ThaPlayMaker1 wrote:st joe is so overated...

You must know how good St. Joe is as I'm sure you played on a team that lost to them. :lol:

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

BlindWhiteHat wrote:

You must know how good St. Joe is as I'm sure you played on a team that lost to them. :lol:

I don't know what he did but I played on a team that beat them...

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Senators_soccer wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:

Get a life Senator Soccer..You are awful and probably don't play anyway :lol:
Same for you Playmaker..both need to stop bashing St. Joe..period

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

FSUfly#13 wrote:
Senators_soccer wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:

Get a life Senator Soccer..You are awful and probably don't play anyway :lol:
Same for you Playmaker..both need to stop bashing St. Joe..period[/quote]

I have a life thank you..and I'm pretty sure playing all 80 minutes every game doesn't make me awful...and Let's take a look at who started the bashing..

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

[/quote]I have a life thank you..and I'm pretty sure playing all 80 minutes every game doesn't make me awful...and Let's take a look at who started the bashing..[/quote]

I don't care who started it, and you don't know what it's like to play for a school like St. Joe..and I've seen a lot of players play the whole game, but that doesn't mean you're good. Maybe they have to play you because a girl on the team got hurt :lol: but I think you are just jealous of St. Joe because they are the talk of high school soccer this year in the area? Just my opinion.. You obviously don't have a life if you are on SEOP bashing Saint Joe and their success..I'm sure St. Joe will have more success in the post season anyhow, get a life and go practice on your game :)

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Senators_soccer wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:

Didn't you also play on a team that lost to them 12-2? OUCH.

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
Senators_soccer wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:

Didn't you also play on a team that lost to them 12-2? OUCH.

Never said I didn't..as A matter of fact I said they were one of the best teams in the area...

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

ignert1, Why do you continue this stuff? We all know there is nothing we can do to earn any respect from you and the fine folks from the powerful SOC. The funny thing is I can find only 1 loss SJ suffered to a SOC team. I talked to our AD tonight and he is working on a schedule for next year that includes St. Xavier, Elder, Moeller, Columbus Desales and the Columbus Crew just to satisfy you swell people who have worried themselves to death over our schedule. Best of luck to whoever you cheer for unless that is Clay who we squeaked by tonight 8-0. We apologize for having a great season and being proud of our kids and not playing anybody. Maybe next year we can work on those things.

lakers12345
Freshman Team

Post by lakers12345 »

You have to remember though. St. Joe for the past four years have always taken a beating from the same teams they play now. Now they were given the chance to do the same back. No one ever argued about who they played before so why start now. They did awesome during the season and this is a big accomplishment for them to do so well. St. Joe played teams like Clay, West and all them and they always got beat a few years ago but now since st. joe did well against all the teams that killed them, everyone gets mad because they lost to St. Joe. Just move past it.
Congratulation to St. Joe and their good season

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

:-D
lakers12345 wrote:You have to remember though. St. Joe for the past four years have always taken a beating from the same teams they play now. Now they were given the chance to do the same back. No one ever argued about who they played before so why start now. They did awesome during the season and this is a big accomplishment for them to do so well. St. Joe played teams like Clay, West and all them and they always got beat a few years ago but now since st. joe did well against all the teams that killed them, everyone gets mad because they lost to St. Joe. Just move past it.
Congratulation to St. Joe and their good season

Lakers,
No one's getting mad because they are beating these SOC teams because these teams didn't do very good in the first place!!The SJ fans are just getting upset because they want to gloat about their wins(when they haven't played anyone tough), and then when someone says something about it they go off.I don't think that they played any SOC 2 teams this year but if they did, they would have got drove into the ground,pulled back up, I would've kept the bus warm for 'em, and then sent them back up US 52!!....So to all the SJ posters, stop bragging about your supposed awesome win streak and you won't get bashed about it!!Good day! :-D

Return to “Soccer”