Zane Trace Soccer

Daisy
Waterboy

Zane Trace Soccer

Post by Daisy »

I noticed on www.svcsportszone.com that Zane Trace had made the district tournament. Goodluck Pioneers!

drrabbit
All State

Re: Zane Trace Soccer

Post by drrabbit »

The site is not correct. Zane Trace has made the sectional finals but they are not yet in district play. If they win tomorrow, then they will be in the District finals. There is no district semifinals in their bracket this year. But they have earned the right to play for a chance to be in the district tournament.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I was wondering what was going on with the Districts this year.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Sectionals in the Southeast/East are being played out to the round of 32 this year with the sectional winners going directly to the district finals. It is to accomidate the East district with only 3 teams in Division III. Last year, the East got two sectional championships for the three teams and two slots in the district tournament. This style also has the added benefit of playing one more round at 'home' since sectionals are played at the higher seed. It saves a lot of travel for the East teams.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Thanks drrabbit for clearing up the brackets. It makes sense now. I thought maybe I was the only one confused at first.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace's record is 8-7-1

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

It makes travel for the East easier and also insures that the southeast has a district champ. Last year both district champs were east district schools.

Also, the east has 4 schools in d3 again with rosecrans playing again this year.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Thanks for the update for the website - my mistake. In researching it, the score of the Valley game was reported as a sectional finals score, and the ohsaa website has tonight's game as the distrtict semi

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Congratulations to Zane Trace on a fine season in what most would have considered a rebuilding year.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

ZT's final record ended at 8-8-1.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Here are some pictures from the first game. The second game should have some posted by next week.

http://www.burg.k12.oh.us/highschool/at ... /index.htm

Return to “Soccer”