not noticed

chssoccer41
Waterboy

not noticed

Post by chssoccer41 »

who were some of the better players that didn't get noticed this year, your thoughts????????????

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: not noticed

Post by soccerfix »

Speaking of not noticed! The seven Waverly players that received all district honors were not mentioned in the Chillicothe Gazette. Guess you have to be from Ross County to be noticed. There was plenty of room for the Northeast District Football listings, all 6 divisions.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

I would have to say Robert Robinson the keeper for Wheelersburg

No Respect

tdbuk89
Waterboy

Post by tdbuk89 »

Bobby Burgess, center mid, of South Point, made second team this year after making first team last year. Let me explain why I think the appreciation of Bobby's game went a little under the radar this year. South Point finished the year 12-4-1. SPHS beat, Piketon twice, Clay, New Boston, Gallia, OVC twice, Valley, and Northwest. They split with Ironton St. Joe and beat them 5-0 late in the season after being surprised by them earlier in the year. For the first time in school history SPHS didn't lose to Wheelersburg. Burg managed to tie the game with 21 seconds left in the game. In the burg game, SP's leading offensive and defensive player were sitting out red card suspensions. Bobby scorred the goal for SPHS in the burg game. SPHS had this wonderful year while playing full time with a freshman, sophomore, and junior girl. I challange you to name me another team that could pull off their top offensive and defensive player and put three girls on the field and tie a team as good as Wheelersburg. No disrespect to the girls because they are wonderful players and no disrespect intended for the players that made the first team, they deserved it.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

good player, i saw them when they played st joe at home..that was a good game

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

BurgGrad wrote:I would have to say Robert Robinson the keeper for Wheelersburg

No Respect

It's WOBBIE

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

completely agree on burgess ... played with him for 2 years and coached him for 2 years ... he is the real deal ... deserved 1st team all district but didnt cause he didnt have the stats bc he played a true central mid and didnt put the ball in the back of the net as often as fletcher did .... note fletcher doesnt get some of his goals if bobby isnt controlling the midfield ... no slack to fletcher he is a solid player i mean hes sp's leading goal scorer all-time but bobby helped him out a lot ...

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

I would say Barney from Minford, even though he had that little incindent during the season. And also Crumm , the first year player from Clay, he showed he could play(even being a rookie at the sport)

soccer11
Waterboy

Post by soccer11 »

i would say most of valley's team that are playing this year
almost everyone can play some other position then what they start at

magic man
Waterboy

Post by magic man »

soccerfix wrote:Speaking of not noticed! The seven Waverly players that received all district honors were not mentioned in the Chillicothe Gazette. Guess you have to be from Ross County to be noticed. There was plenty of room for the Northeast District Football listings, all 6 divisions.

Isnt it called the CHILLICOTHE GAZETTE. not the waverly gazette

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

I didn't realize the news border ended at the city limits. There are a lot of subscribers in Pike County. You tell me how may people in southcentral Ohio care who makes all district in football in the Cleveland area and how many would like to see the local kids get some notoriety . Maybe the advertisers need to realize it is the Chillicothe Gazette. By the way, the original post was written 6 months ago- thanks for stirring me up again.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

soccerfix.....

I wouldn't take it too personal. The CAVs play right down the street from the Gazette building and get very little press themselves. I believe a photographer came down once other than Senior Night. Soccer is still a tough sell to some in these parts. You have to contact them and get them the information, then you have a chance....

Sometimes I turn to the Marietta Times or Logan Daily News if i want to see some decent soccer coverage. They cover the Cavs better than the Gazette.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I would have to say that a lot of players from Minford did not get the recognition they deserve for as well as they did this year.

hssoc
Waterboy

Post by hssoc »

a lot of the players on the minford team were overlooked and under developed by the coach. it looks like they will pay some this year for the coaches lack of insight into the future. to bad its the boys on the team that have to pay though because they have some very good athletes. good luck to all the minford high school soccer players.

UK_FAN
Waterboy

Post by UK_FAN »

too bad for those poor minford players being under developed...what they went further than us last year and many other schools... Cry me a river...just because your kid doesnt play doesnt mean you should try to bash a coach. Maybe you should put an add in the paper like those birthday adds so your kid gets noticed...(oh yeah if you want go ahead and put a soccer jersey on him so he gets recognized for that) I hope we kill Minford this year, but dont blame your son go ahead and blame the coach because they are the ones on the field...

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

hssoc wrote:a lot of the players on the minford team were overlooked and under developed by the coach. it looks like they will pay some this year for the coaches lack of insight into the future. to bad its the boys on the team that have to pay though because they have some very good athletes. good luck to all the minford high school soccer players.

Minford had 73 seniors that had played forever together and were very good
it wasn't coaching that overlooked others, the upperclassmen flatout played so well there were no open spots.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

73 seniors? Over what period of time?

Coach Havens has continued the excellent tradition of soccer at Minford with the teams she has had for the past few years. What is everyone's problem with the Coach?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

this seems to have become the not noticed minford thread. there are times when the one player doing there job does it so well it really draws no attention to themselves. just do your job and play the game. if everyone does this the team wins and the team gets noticed. that's what really matters.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

Warren's center mids. Senior Cody Wilcox and sophomore Caleb Jones. Neither had very good stats but kept the team composed and had great vision of the field as play makers for Starner and Brown to score.

Bucknuts
JV Team

Post by Bucknuts »

Chillicothe has some very solid performers that often get overlooked because they play on the same team as All-Ohio players Skowronek and Basil. They get almost zero press but are stars in their own right. They would all be go-to guys on other teams.

Junior defenders Paul Horning and Gabe Seymour have now started for two years. They are both fullbacks. Junior midfielders Ben Buchanan and Justin Ball are also starting for their second consecutive year in the central midfield.

Senior center back Todd Elliott is also very solid and goes quietly about doing his job every night. He started every game last year as well and plays a tough position.

Senior Koty Chandler is starting at goalkeeper for his second season and is performing very well.

Senior Tyler Semancik is an outstanding defender and winger who has really improved since going to play club in Grove City the past two years.

Senior John Lods is a very versatile player who logs time at midfield and forward for Chillicothe. He broke into the starting line up about mid season last year and continues to get better and better.

Luke Wagner is an senior outside midfielder who has now started for two years and is a very consistent performer. He is very solid every game.

Return to “Soccer”