Burg vs Waverly.......Round 2 @Waverly 10-11

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Burg vs Waverly.......Round 2 @Waverly 10-11

Post by onthepitch »

Will the Tigers be satisfied with a SOC championship? My guess is no as this team pushes toward a clean league record. Once again look for the Defense (Waverly's Strength) to flex their muscle. Although Burg will bring their A games have a feeling Waverly's britches will fit just fine for a 3-1 Senior night victory.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Re: Burg vs Waverly.......Round 2 @Waverly 10-11

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I agree with onthepitch. Waverly will be difficult to beat; however, I understand Burg is playing different than their first meeting. Waverly will need to stop Braxton and Burg will need to stop Wiget. If both are successful, it will depend on the other teammembers to step-up. I think Waverly has a stronger overall team. The game will be closer. 4-2 Waverly

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

If Burg can hold Wiget (Waverly's True Strength) to a goal, and if Jarvis does his thing, then they should have no problem winning this contest.
Burg 3 (HT for Jarvis)
Waverly 1

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

Eventhough i'm not at all a pirate fan, i gotta agree with JP, SW had waverly in trouble forcing the team to move wiget from striker, to center mid, to wing. he still scored 1 SOFT goal, a pk and gave a nice assist to mother nature. taking wiget out of his game is the key to beating waverly. Jarvis has to have a big game also.

WHB-2
WAV-1

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

good game but im callin a draw 2-2. Thoroughmer with 2 for the Pirates and rosenburg w/ 2 for the tiggers

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I sure hope Burg doubles or shifts to stop Wiget....because Roseberry and Purpero will have great opportunities to put the ball in the back of the net.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:If Burg can hold Wiget (Waverly's True Strength) to a goal, and if Jarvis does his thing, then they should have no problem winning this contest.
Burg 3 (HT for Jarvis)
Waverly 1
Waverly has given up only 3 goals in the league all season. And you're predicting a 3-1 loss? Burg might upset Waverly but you ain't gonna score 3 goals.

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

Looks to be a good game as usual. The weather forecast looks like there may be some rain - which will make it even more interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if burg scores 3 goals in this game. They are scoring something like an average of 5 goals per game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What was the score of the game at Burg?

homeward_bound
Waterboy

Post by homeward_bound »

Waverly 5 Burg 1

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Beating the Tigers 3-1 at Waverly would be a remarkable turnaround.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

I have to agree in full with smurray, it would be a major turnaround for the Pirates to win 3-1. I myself see Waverly coming out with the win, but it is getting close to tournament time. Which means anything can happen. Goodluck to both teams.

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

How many goals given up in " the league " doesn't really impress anybody. I would have to say 59 goals scored and 11 given up in the season, shows Fire power of one player scoring 23 goals by himself is pretty impressive. Around 4 goals a game wins you games if you give up 1 goal a game but don't score you will lose plenty of games.

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

I agree burg won't score 3 goals. Should be a good game with weather playing a part in the outcome like the second South Webster game.

Burg 4
Widget 3

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

0-0 Final

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Gocats wrote:How many goals given up in " the league " doesn't really impress anybody. I would have to say 59 goals scored and 11 given up in the season, shows Fire power of one player scoring 23 goals by himself is pretty impressive. Around 4 goals a game wins you games if you give up 1 goal a game but don't score you will lose plenty of games.

This must be a new game to me but only allowing 3 teams one goal during the league season is impressive to me. I wasn't predicting any outcome but commenting on someone saying Burg would score 3 goals in tonight' game. I was there and Burg didn't score any goals. Guess I was right and I think playing the entire league season and only giving up 3 goals is impressive.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soccerfix- You're being silly. Giving up 3 goals over a 10 game span is terrible! (Obvious sarcasm)

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Excellent effort by both teams! Both teams had many chances to score. Congratulations to the Waverly Tigers.....................SOC II Champions! Good Luck in the tournament!

Lewisville Slugger
Waterboy

Post by Lewisville Slugger »

This was an exciting match, but it was sloppy at times to watch. Definitely a draw, but the score should have been more like 5-5. Burg should have had 3 goals in the first 10 minutes, while Waverly should have had 3 goals in the LAST 10 minutes.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Field conditions had a lot to do with the game being ugly. Both teams played very hard and both missed some decent opportunities.

Return to “Soccer”