Freshman Team

Minford at Burg 9-10-09

Post by BIG POPPA »

Who wins this matchup? Thoughts?

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Minford at Burg 9-10-09

Post by soccerfix »

I sure was impressed with Minford's big three Duncan Jordan, Jake Hackworth and the exchange student that is the icing on the cake. Waverly gets an exchange student from Brazil that has only played soccer in gym glass, go figure
Should be a heck of a game. On a neutral field I' d take Minford, but the Burg at home is hard to beat.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

But I hear he's the real deal on the basketball court.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

You can say what you want to about the Brazilian exchange student, but I know that South Webster had one from Brazil in the 97 season and he said that he couldn't even make his high school team...... HE WAS A SUPERSTAR UP HERE.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

This should be a good game. Minford's defense seems to be pretty tough & Hackworth does give them potential on offense. I'm sure Burg will come ready to play. Is Minford better than people expected? Maybe nobody told them they were going to have a down year.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Keegan wrote:You can say what you want to about the Brazilian exchange student, but I know that South Webster had one from Brazil in the 97 season and he said that he couldn't even make his high school team...... HE WAS A SUPERSTAR UP HERE.

The Brazilan exchange student is a super nice kid but doesn't even start on the reserve team.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Keegan wrote:You can say what you want to about the Brazilian exchange student, but I know that South Webster had one from Brazil in the 97 season and he said that he couldn't even make his high school team...... HE WAS A SUPERSTAR UP HERE.

The Brazilan exchange student is a super nice kid but doesn't even start on the reserve team.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

I'd go with Burgin this one
Minford did not drop much in form this year as many expected, their keeper is steller
But Burg at home in a fairly equal matchup is hard to look away from
I think Burg will surprise some in this one

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

minford played well. good to see a good soc match. minford wanted the ball and the game more than burg. they got it.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

RxBurgFan wrote:minford played well. good to see a good soc match. minford wanted the ball and the game more than burg. they got it.

And the score was????

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

score was 2-1

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

!

Post by B1OHIO »

Very fun game to wach, fast and physical play on both sides. I must say though that i lost a little respect for the burg forward who pulled the legs out from under the minford player after the whistle. fortunately the ref was on top of the situation and awarded him a card for it. The card was yellow but could have just as easily been red. He is a valuable asset at burg but given his recent antics at the waverly and minford games I think someone needs to help him figure out how to take just a little of the emotion out of his game. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to come down overly harsh on him. In years past he earned my upmost respect as a top notch player and I would hate to see him change paths and earn a bad reputation.
Keep the faith Burg!!! The next games with these two teams will certainly be highly anticipated.

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

Congrats to Minford for taking a share of the SOC lead. After not defeating Wheelersburg for a number of years the Falcons have now defeated (including the tournament) Wheelersburg three times in a row.

Return to “Soccer”