Soccer vs. Football

pan-man
Freshman Team

Soccer vs. Football

Post by pan-man »

I'm posting this topic on both the soccer and football pages.

But when it comes down to overall skill, heart,and dedication. Which sport do you think is tougher???

I think it's soccer because i have played both sports, and found out the hard way that soccer has as much contact as football but with less padding. And soccer takes WAY more skill to master.

my2cents
S

Re: Soccer vs. Football

Post by my2cents »

American football is much more specialized sport, so if you can do one thing well, you can succeed at it. In soccer, the overall ability to play the game is much less specialized. The skills are much harder to learn. Why? Because hand - eye coordination is a natural instinct in man, hand-foot, ehhhhhhh, not so much.

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

I'd would say football is easier to play, and for the most part, more physical. Soccer takes way more talent to master, and is usually the more "gentle" of the two. I'm no saying that soccer is an un-physical sport, because it is.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

You also have to have a lot of stamina, because in football, the offence and defense trade off enabling them to rest. In soccer there is no breaks till half time. That is a lot of running.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Football is much more physically demanding hands down.

In Soccer a person gets a yellow or red card for knocking you down. In Football (you will get hit much harder and way more frequently) you get a high five from your teammates.

Stamina wise, Soccer hands down.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Topics like this are only posed by the kickball crowd trying to validate that they play a legit sport.

daneferrari
Waterboy

Post by daneferrari »

pan-man wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 am I'm posting this topic on both the soccer and football pages.

But when it comes down to overall skill, heart,and dedication. Which sport do you think is tougher???

I think it's soccer because i have played both sports, and found out the hard way that soccer has as much contact as football but with less padding. And soccer takes WAY more skill to master.
Why do you think you need so much more skill in soccer than in football?

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

I don't understand the insatiable need by people to justify whether one sport is better than the other or not, or to downgrade one sport by saying one isn't as good as the other. It's one of the things about today's society that can be overblown at times.

Just appreciate and respect the sports for the talents that they require, and appreciate and respect those who have different likes or interests than you. I don't understand this need to prove why football > soccer or soccer > football. Let people live and appreciate the sports that they do.

battistadonati
Waterboy

Post by battistadonati »

KCol wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:42 pm I don't understand the insatiable need by people to justify whether one sport is better than the other or not, or to downgrade one sport by saying one isn't as good as the other. It's one of the things about today's society that can be overblown at times.

Just appreciate and respect the sports for the talents that they require, and appreciate and respect those who have different likes or interests than you. I don't understand this need to prove why football > soccer or soccer > football. Let people live and appreciate the sports that they do.
Friend, people love competition and proving something to each other. That's the whole reason. Everyone wants to consider themselves part of something better, so there are endless arguments.

battistadonati
Waterboy

Post by battistadonati »

daneferrari wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:08 am
pan-man wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 am I'm posting this topic on both the soccer and football pages.

Why do you think you need so much more skill in soccer than in football?
For me, soccer is a more complicated game. There are more subtle rules that are hard to explain. And you have to think more on the field.
IMHO

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Soccer is played in every country in the world. Football in the USA and Canada. That pretty much tells you which is more popular internationally. The other game they call football in foreign countries is called Rugby. This is more like American football only these players do not wear pads.

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

let's do Archery vs Golf next...

otbz1
Waterboy

Post by otbz1 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:30 pm Topics like this are only posed by the kickball crowd trying to validate that they play a legit sport.
Kickball crowd? You mean the most popular sport on the planet? :lol:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

otbz1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:30 pm Topics like this are only posed by the kickball crowd trying to validate that they play a legit sport.
Only because they play it in China and India. Soccer aka kickball. Favored sport of commies and terrorists. But hey. you do you.

SEOSports740
Waterboy

Post by SEOSports740 »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:08 am
Only because they play it in China and India. Soccer aka kickball. Favored sport of commies and terrorists. But hey. you do you.
I believe I could pick out 11 random 13 year old chinese soccer player (male or female), and they could put on a helmet/ shoulder pads and beat your Marauders.

Anyways soccer (kickball) is cool and so is football. Discussion over.

otbz1
Waterboy

Post by otbz1 »

Soccer and American Football are both great in their own rights so I won't chime in there, but in terms of data/statistics, soccer is the more popular sport worldwide. Not just Asia, but we're talking the most popular sport in Europe, South America, Mexico and more.

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Post by SoccerDad »

Did you just imply Indians are terrorists?

Soccer isn't a top 3 sport in India. Basketball is the most popular sport in China. Europe, Latin America and Africa carry the banner for soccer... not Asia.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

SoccerDad wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:49 am

Did you just imply Indians are terrorists?

Soccer isn't a top 3 sport in India. Basketball is the most popular sport in China. Europe, Latin America and Africa carry the banner for soccer... not Asia.

I see your point there comrade. Africa is certainly a place of ploiitcal peace.

Return to “Soccer”