Best Of Southeast District

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Best Of Southeast District

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

I believe that League and district awards will be coming up in a couple of weeks. Any thoughts on who first teamers, POY and COY awards will go to ?

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Best Of Southeast District

Post by rxburgfan »

should be interesting. always is. we will have to all wait for the white smoke to come out the chiminey to let us all know who was selected.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I think Coach Smith at Clay is in the running for COY. After the past two seasons on 2 -14 and 4 - 9 - 3 they are currently at 6 - 6- 1 and with West, Valley and Eastern remaining could end up at least 8 - 7 - 1. They have only lost one senior in the past two years so he has done this with basically the same team and without a foreign exchange student, which have helped a lot in the past years.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

SVC Sports Nut wrote:I believe that League and district awards will be coming up in a couple of weeks. Any thoughts on who first teamers, POY and COY awards will go to ?
You would imagine "a couple weeks." Basketballs are flying before anybody finds out about the awards.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

Fairfield -Union has Shea Schmelzer who has scored over 15 points and has had a very good all around year. I'm not exact on those pts. They also have 2 or 3 other boys who are pretty good too. Brandon Kopis, Devin McKown and Garith Boyd.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Jon Valentine for Clay has had a great senior year. He led the team in goals and assist last year and is probably ahead in both categories again this year. Rumor has it he just short of setting the single season and all time goals scored record for Clay. A J Keeton has also had a standout year defensively for Clay.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

lostgeneral............Shea Schmelzer has 14 goals and 9 assists for a total of 37 pts after 12 games so far. He should definitely get consideration for first team all District.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Washington C.H. Girls team has had a solid year and great team play. 1st year coach John Creamer has done an outstanding job with the team. They do have some players that should be considered Ashley Lovett currently leads the state in goals with 36, and there goal keeper Chrisiti Smith has close to 200 saves on the season. They also have a great Sweeper in Lauren Bishop.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

Sorry Smeltzy I was trying to do it off the top of my head. As you know that can be scary. He's had a very good year so far. Good luck tonight shouldn't be too much of a problem unless they put everybody back like last year. Might stick with us for a while.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Soccer fans, soccer is not all about who scores the most goals or who has the most assists. Offense is only half the game. Sometimes the best players are the mid fielders who control the middle of the field. They never get their names in the paper or even suggested on threads like this. Sometimes its the goalies that get credited with saves but don't score any goals. It's like the offensive line in football that opens the holes for the running backs that scores the touchdowns, get all the pretty girls and their name in the papers. Most sports are a team function. Forwards can't score in soccer without the team effort of getting them the ball or keeping the other team from scoring.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

South Webster's midfielder (scott) was first team all-state last year and was one of only 4 non-seniors in division 3 to be named to the first team. He does a nice job quarterbacking his team from that position and is one of the many reasons why South Webster does such a nice job controlling games. South Webster's core is their central defense (wright brothers) and their midfield (malone, scott and rice) and when you put it together with two good forwards who are now finishing better (patterson and miller) then the Jeeps will be a tough out in the tournament! Patterson got hot at the end of last year and the Jeeps will need their two forwards to finish well as they progress in the tournament.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

In my opinion, the two greatest offensive threats in the SEOAL this season have been Wesley Riley (Marietta) and Caleb Jones (Warren). They both have 30+ total points on the season. They may have surpassed 40 by now.

Defensively, Shawn O'Connor (Marietta) and Daniel Rohr (Warren) have impressed me the most.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I haven't noticed any standouts except from the Marietta and Warren teams. They have several others that could be mentioned as well.

soccerkrazed
Riding the Bench

Post by soccerkrazed »

soccerfix wrote:Soccer fans, soccer is not all about who scores the most goals or who has the most assists. Offense is only half the game. Sometimes the best players are the mid fielders who control the middle of the field. They never get their names in the paper or even suggested on threads like this. Sometimes its the goalies that get credited with saves but don't score any goals. It's like the offensive line in football that opens the holes for the running backs that scores the touchdowns, get all the pretty girls and their name in the papers. Most sports are a team function. Forwards can't score in soccer without the team effort of getting them the ball or keeping the other team from scoring.
So true soccerfix. There is no I in team and those midfielders and defenders deserve a lot of credit.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

I could be biased but how about the Blair kid from St. Joseph? He can hold his own.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

keeper from eastern does a nice job. just doesn't have much support around him. very athletic.

neuron1
Waterboy

Post by neuron1 »

Dillan Lewis of Wheelersburg has scored 111 goals, 41 this year and has scored in every game.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

RxBurgFan wrote:keeper from eastern does a nice job. just doesn't have much support around him. very athletic.
Agreed. He could easily be a starting keeper on most, if not all SOCII schools. If he had a good team around him, he would get a lot of recognition.

Lewisville Slugger
Waterboy

Post by Lewisville Slugger »

I agree with svbt1112.

South Webster definitely deserves some major recognition, especially Connor Scott. He dominates the midfield with his skills and athleticism. Midfielders never attain the stats that strikers do. So they are often overlooked. I think he could play anywhere on the field, and be considered the best at that position in the Southeast District D3.

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Post by Jeepoholic »

Anyone who has seen Scott play couldn't argue with either point. At Webster when you score three goals and sometimes two you usually don't score anymore that game, so I am doubting that it would be possible to score forty some goals in one year just because of sportsmanship towards the other team. Look at the team performance also, 16-0 pretty impressive.

pele
Waterboy

Post by pele »

Wesley Riley and Caleb Jones are both midfield players. They are both leading their respective team in goals, as well as assists, ponting us to make the assumption that these two are not only dangerous in front of goal, but also very dangerous as playmakers.

Return to “Soccer”