st.joe@clay 10-20-2010

post101
Waterboy

st.joe@clay 10-20-2010

Post by post101 »

after clay coming off a 13-0 win and st.joe coming off a 5-1 win..... these 2 teams tied earlier in the year. how will this one play out?
Last edited by post101 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aguy
Waterboy

Re: st.joe@clay 10-20-2010

Post by aguy »

st joe will win this one.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay being at home will take this one. They are in offensive mode after the 13 goals against Chesapeake. I hate to see a team run up the score but in tournament it's good to get in practice of moving the ball forward and taking open shots. I say Clay 4 - SJ 2.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

I take SJ in this one. And I don't agree on running the score up on a team in regular season or post season. Running over a team like that isn't even as good as a practice. I think 13-0 is uncalled for. Just remember if you do that to a team it will always come back to bite you one day.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay fans weren't comfortable with it, but we have taken a lot of beatings that way. Last few years... 15-2, 11-2, 9 -0, 8-0. Unlike the 9 - 0 beating of South Point, the subs played a lot of this game.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

should be a good game.

clay 3
st. joe 2

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

St Joe 6
Clay 2

This game hinged on a double red after a fight just three minutes into the game that took out one of Clay's better senior defenders. Refs made the right call but they should have tossed another St Joe player. After the two boys went out of bounds there was some pushing and shoving and another St Joe player jumped off the bench? and put the Clay boy in a headlock, then the player on the field threw two punches at his head and back. Reds for both active players but boy who came off the bench? (he might have been on the field but it happened right in front of their bench) should have also been tossed.
Clay had too many defensive laspses after that, miss kicks and failure to clear the ball hurt them. St Joe's goalie made some great saves, and they played hard the whole game. I think if they play like that against the Burg monday it will be a close game. Good luck to St Joe in the tourney, and congratulations to Clay on a good season. I think their program has made a great turnaround.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I wouldn't say the game "hinged" on the double red. St. Joe lost an experienced defender as well. I think that statement is a bit too dramatic. Everyone's view of what happened is going to be different but I didn't see anyone from St. Joe as the aggressor once the punches were thrown. I will keep my own opinion of what happened to myself because when things like that happen, no one retells the story accurately. I personally believe the officials did a good job on the double red. If you aren't going to just throw out the instigator, you throw out the primary participants from each team. It's crazy to think the officials should throw a kid out for trying to help break things up.

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

Well said BWH

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Having heard a version that was closer to the action, I agree the right call was made. Hard to tell who the instigator was, push came to shove, came to a haymaker. Just lucky no punches connected.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Totally agree BWH. Officals did a very good job of taking control of the game. Congrats Flyers!!! Now preparation for the burg begins. I'm sure ole CB will have the Flyers ready to play Monday.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Just curious of the rule on the double red. The St. Joe player with the red card will be out for the game against Wheelersburg. What about the Clay player, who is at the end of the season? If I am correct, this player will have to sit out the first game of the next sport (basketball or baseball) he participates in, correct?

sj soccer
Waterboy

Post by sj soccer »

Any soccer player or bench personnel ejected with a red card (NF Rule 12-8-3) or a
red/yellow card (NF 12-8-2(a)) shall be ineligible for all contests for the remainder
of that day. In addition, the student shall be ineligible for all contests at all levels in
soccer until two regular season/tournament contests are played at the same level as
the ejection.

sj soccer
Waterboy

Post by sj soccer »

This is for the OHSAA general sports rules for all sports

Ejection for Unsporting Conduct (Disqualification for unsporting conduct or flagrant
violation)
11.1) Players
Any player ejected or disqualified for unsporting conduct or flagrant foul shall be ineligible
for all contests for the remainder of that day. In addition, the player shall be ineligible for
all contests at all levels in that sport until two regular season/tournament contests (one in
football) are played at the same level as the ejection or disqualification. When ejection or
disqualification of a player results from illegal substitution in baseball, softball or basketball,
the two contest suspension does not apply.
If the ejection or disqualification occurs in the last contest of the season, the student shall be
ineligible for the same period of time as stated above in the next sport in which the student
participates. A student under suspension may not sit on the team bench, enter the locker
room or be affiliated with the team in any way traveling to, during or traveling after the
contest(s).
A student who is ejected or disqualified a second time shall be suspended for the remainder
of the season in that sport.

Return to “Soccer”