Girls D2 Regional - Unioto vs. Warsaw River View

SVC Sports Nut
Waterboy

Girls D2 Regional - Unioto vs. Warsaw River View

Post by SVC Sports Nut »

Congrats to the Lady Tanks on their District Championship.

They are traveling to Zanesville on Wednesday to take on River View. Anyone have any idea about them ? Do the Tanks have a chance for a win ?

MHS_Soccer_Dad
Freshman Team

Re: Girls D2 Regional - Unioto vs. Warsaw River View

Post by MHS_Soccer_Dad »

I don't know Unioto...but our Lady Tigers took them on about half way through the season. Warsaw is not a very big team...but quick with great ball passing and disciplined(sp?) to stay in position. They were almost constantly in position to pick up a ball that was just kicked into open space. We loss 2-1 but I think we could beat them with the way we are playing now. They were #3 in the state at the time we played them.

If I remember correctly they are a studette at each level...sweeper was very tough with solid defensive wings, one really good mid-fielder and forward....but they were solid every where. Sorry I don't have numbers.

Good Luck to your Girls.

Unioto Rocks
Freshman Team

Post by Unioto Rocks »

Unioto wins in double overtime!!!

Score was tied 2-2 at the end of regulation, not sure what final was, just that Unioto pulls out the win.

Congratulations Lady Shermans!!! ROLL ON!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto got off to a bad start, down 2-0 in the 1st 15 minutes, then stepped it up big time and controlled the game for the most part after. Very physical game with the CR letting pretty much everything go.

Muirhead scored with 5 minutes left in the 1st half, kinda a strange play overall. Big goal going into the half. Great adjustments made at the half by The U's coaching staff. Neff scored off of an assist from Bane with 26 left. Flautt made a couple of huge saves to get the game to overtime, but for the most part Unioto's D stifled all of RV's advances.

Nothing in the 1st overtime, but Campbell scored the game winner, assisted by Bane to get the win with about 8 minutes left to send Unioto to their first Regional Final.

#3 for RV was unbelievable in the back and kept them in the game for a while. Great win for Unioto, very fun to watch as well.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

What an exciting game to watch. Unioto could have very easily packed up and went home after being down 2-0. They stuck with it and played extremely hard the rest of the game. There were not alot of calls in the game by the ref's, but I think that is how it should be in a Regional game, let it be decided on the field.

Dani, you are correct about #3. She was amazing. Not taking anything away from any Unioto player, but she was by far IMO the best player on the field. Had it not been for her, Unioto may have had several more goals.

congrats and good luck, keep it going.

Return to “Soccer”