All State

Re: Zane Trace girls soccer

Post by Xtoxxviii »

When will soccer become an SVC sport?

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Xtoxxviii wrote:When will soccer become an SVC sport?
It's probably going to be several years/decades. Currently, only Unioto and Zane Trace have boys and girls programs. Adena has a co-ed/team that plays in the boys tournament. Piketon used to have a team, but I don't know what happened (I'd assume it was because of a lack of interest.)

In the SVC, a minimum of 5 teams need to play a sport for it to become an official conference sport (i.e. counting towards the All Sports Banner.)

3ydsnacldfdst
Waterboy

Post by 3ydsnacldfdst »

Is having a coed team really making an effort to compete? It seems you should either have to field a boys team or a girls team. Are there any other sports that have coed teams that a school acutally spend money on?

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Many teams in the area have coed teams and are extremely competitive.
Waverly, Wheelersburg and many others. Just because it is a coed sport doesn't mean there is guaranteed playing time or frankly that it is any different than other sports. The best players play, male or female. Small schools in southern Ohio have trouble fielding teams for multiple sports during the same season. You do what you can with what you have.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

As for your question. I believe a girl is allowed to participate in any boys sport in the state of Ohio if that sport isn't offered for girls.

Return to “Soccer”