South Webster vs. Minford

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

South Webster vs. Minford

Post by Bigbadwolf »

due to work i didnt make this game. all i heard was the 2-0 result and that there was a fight. Any truth to this?

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Re: South Webster vs. Minford

Post by jazzfingers888 »

yeah thats pretty much how the cooki crumbled. jeeps went up early and controlled the rest of the game. it wasnt relly a fight but players just bumped chests and xchanged words. both were sent off. it happens. fun game to watch tho

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Great way to start off the season for the Jeeps with a 2-nil victory over the Falcons. Minford will bounce back though, they have some solid players. As for the little scuffle, It wasn't much to get all excited about. Pushing and shoving like little kids was the extent of it. All in all it was a great night of opening soccer

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

Pretty much that's what I heard also. One of the best officials in the area had the game so nothing should have gotten that far out of hand. Midford is my early pick to win the SOC II this year the result kind of shocks me to be honest. With that being said the season is still young best of luck to both teams.

kickin it
Waterboy

Post by kickin it »

I think Waverly is the top contender for the SOC 2 title this year. Minford looked pretty good at previews but the roster seemed fairly young. How many players were involved in the fight??? Did benches clear???

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Go JEEPS!!

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

It was a double yellow on one play so the official showed the red card to the SW player for shoving. At a later time in the game the minford player received a 2nd yellow followed by the red card. Both teams played a man down. No further suspensions.

It really wasn't much to talk about. Definitely wasn't a fight.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

VBS178 tells the true story. NOT A FIGHT. it was a fun game to watch. both teams played hard but sw had the upper hand. goodluck to both!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Great start to the season for the Jeeps!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

JEEPS JEEPS JEEPS!!

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

The red was shown as a straight red during the game. Call was changed to a double yellow red after the game. lots of paper work comes with showing a straight red not to mention it's a pretty severe penalty having to sit out a couple games. Thats the reason coach Claxon insisted on an explanation from the official during the game, ( as he should have and is entitled to).

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

Yea I'll agree with the rest. Fight got extremely out of hand.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

So basically there was a player ejected but the official changed the call after the game so the player didn't have to sit out two games?

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

The ref gave the kid two yellows for each shove within the same scuffle. 2 yellows = soft red. No further suspension...

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

If the referee shows a red first then he cannot change it to subsequent yellow and should be turned into OHSAA player should serve 2 game suspension the paperwork should not matter if you do not want to fill out the paperwork dont referee

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Well the ref may have made a mistake. Meant double yellow but threw the red. First game of the year, even the refs aren't in mid season shape yet. Give the guy a break. geesh

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

on the pit, does make a good point. im pretty sure the reef had both cards in his hand. the red side faced the benches im guessing. the yellow was facing the crowd where i was standing. which equals light red. or soft red as you guys call it in the states,

Velocistar237
Waterboy

Post by Velocistar237 »

If the players were equal in size it would be a different game. Minford has better technical players for sure.

hijynx11
Waterboy

Post by hijynx11 »

Velocistar237 wrote:If the players were equal in size it would be a different game. Minford has better technical players for sure.
In my opinion, and from what I saw, the teams were nearly equal in size. Not to mention, the falcons had many more substitutes to use, so size could almost be called a detriment from a conditioning stand point. Both teams played hard, and South Webster came out on top. Making excuses for either team is disrespectful to both programs.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Whether the"fight" was a shoving match or not, I have a serious problem with rulings in soccer. I was at the Clay-Northwest game last week. Late in the first half a Clay player used his hand to slap a shot away. I know it is illegal, but why does he get a red card for that, and these "fighters" get nothing more? He now as I understand it, has to sit 2 more games! There is definitely something wrong with these rules when 2 can shove and intimidate each other, missing no more playing time, while another touches a ball and has to sit out against Webster and Burg. Our coach is already pulling out what hair he has left just keeping enough players healthy. Just a stupid rule for a stupid game!

Return to “Soccer”