BURG @ SW 10/9/14

jazzfingers888
JV Team

BURG @ SW 10/9/14

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Wish I could call this game battle for the double crown but unfortunately, I cannot. Oh well, don't fret though, it will be a GREAT GAME! Come out tonight for Youth Soccer Night, Senior Night, as well as the 2 best teams in the area duking it out for bragging rights. Thoughts and predictions???

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Re: BURG @ SW 10/9/14

Post by BETTERTHANYOU00 »

I'll say 3-1 Pirates.

Senior night, coming off a loss for the title, and they're playing Webster. This could be a very chippy match and I can see several cards flying depending on who has the game. Webster is the better team right now but it think the pirates come out strong in the early going. Should be a fun one regardless.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Pirates might be down from giving one away at Minford.
I'll take jeeps 2-1

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

I have to agree with Mr. Official on South Webster being the better team. I've seen both of them in action. The Pirates are solid but have to be down from the loss to Minford last night. I think the Jeeps will capitalize on the opportunity and give Burg their 5th loss tonight.

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

It is hard for a team to play at this caliber within 24 hours of such a hard game. This will be a good game, but Burg will have their hands full at Webster with rain moving in and field condition already wet. The rain moving in will make things much worse, but both teams have to play in the same conditions so we will see what happens. These are both really good teams and Burg letting one slip away when they were the better team last night either is going to motivate them and watch out Webster if that's the case or just the opposite effect and their heads won't be in the game at all and they could drop two in a row. I expect both of these teams to make a good tournament run and represent well.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I can accept the fact that this will be an intense game that SW will have the upper hand in. However, lets not forget that Burg won the last meeting. I'm looking for the Pirates to bring their best level of play tonight and win 4-2.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Pirates out to prove they blew it last night. Will take out frustrations on jeeps tonight and spoil their senior night in a route. Ill take the pirates 4-1 in this one. The only cards being taken tonight will be the jeeps man cards as they might as well be involved with the youth soccer festivities. All pirates. Heard it here first.

captain tuttle
Riding the Bench

Post by captain tuttle »

South Webster 3
Burg 1
Very competitive game. Look for both teams to do well in tournament action.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Despite being down 2-1 at half time, the Pirates owned the first 40. They we attacking well but couldn't seem to create enough great chances. SW came out on fire in the 2nd and controlled things to the final whistle. Only one goal for Burg, and it was a great one by McCain. We have to put this game behind us and get focused on the tournament.

Return to “Soccer”