SOC Week 6

4thgoal
SEOPS

SOC Week 6

Post by 4thgoal »

Here are the SOC standings as I have them right now. If I missed anything, just let me know and I will update it. It's hard to believe there are only 3 weeks left in the regular season!!

SOCI - - - - - - - Overall- - - - - - - -Conference
South Webster...8....3....2............4....0....0
Valley.............6....4....1............1....2....0
Clay................3....6....1............1....1....1
New Boston......3....8....1............0....3....1

SOCII - - - - - - Overall - - - - - - - Conference
Wheelersburg..8....3....1............4....1....1
Waverly.........5....6....1............3....1....1
Minford.........4....4....4............3....1....2
West............4....5....2............0....4....1
Northwest......5....3....4............0....3....3

Girls - - - - - - Overall - - - - - - - Conference
Minford.........6....5....1............5....0....0
Wheelersburg..6....4....0............2....2....0
West............3....5....1............2....2....0
Northwest......1....11....0............0....5....0

Here are the games scheduled for week 6

Monday, September 22nd
Minford Girls @ Russell, KY Girls
Northwest Girls @ West Union Girls
Northwest Boys @ West Union Boys

Tuesday, September 23rd
West Boys @ Wheelersburg Boys
Minford Girls @ Northwest Girls
Minford Boys @ Northwest Boys
West Union Girls @ West Girls m
Unioto @ Waverly
South Webster @ Valley
New Boston @ Ironton St. Joseph Boys

Wednesday, September 24th
Wheelersburg Girls @ North Adams
Chesapeake Girls @ West Girls

Thursday, September 25th
Clay @ West Boys
Northwest Boys @ Adena
Fairland Boys @ Valley

Saturday, September 27th
Wheelersburg Girls @ Ironton St. Joseph
Gallipolis @ Clay
Minford Girls @ Peebles Girls
Minford Boys @ Peebles Boys
Last edited by 4thgoal on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:02 am, edited 7 times in total.

jinks
Freshman Team

Re: SOC Week 6

Post by jinks »

St. Joseph girls over Lincoln Co. WV 3-0.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

The Northwest Lady Mohawks picked up their first ever win tonight, 1-0 over West Union.

Chumlee
Riding the Bench

Post by Chumlee »

Northwest 1-Minford 1

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Burg 7
West 0

West played with ten men for the majority of the game. One of the captains got a red card for a handball in the box.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 2
Ironton St. Joseph 1

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Buckeye24 wrote:Burg 7
West 0

West played with ten men for the majority of the game. One of the captains got a red card for a handball in the box.

Burg JV 4
West 0

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Waverly 1
Unioto 4

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

West 0

Does the intentional handball red card also carry the 2 game penalty? If so, that's really tough

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

4th n Goal wrote:
West 0

Does the intentional handball red card also carry the 2 game penalty? If so, that's really tough
Not to my knowledge.

The foul was a bizarre one to begin with. The rulebook states that the player must deliberately handle the ball to prevent the goal for a red card to be issued, but it's unclear whether "deliberate" means an intentional move to stop the ball or any movement to stop the ball. Regardless, it was a kneejerk reaction where he threw his hand up in an effort to get his body in front of the ball to stop the goal, but made contact with his hand. It was clearly an unintentional handling and probably shouldn't have been rewarded with a red.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

South Webster 3
Valley 1

Romanello scored for Valley. Zimmerman, Keaton, Blevins for the Jeeps

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Buckeye24 wrote:Not to my knowledge.

The foul was a bizarre one to begin with. The rulebook states that the player must deliberately handle the ball to prevent the goal for a red card to be issued, but it's unclear whether "deliberate" means an intentional move to stop the ball or any movement to stop the ball. Regardless, it was a kneejerk reaction where he threw his hand up in an effort to get his body in front of the ball to stop the goal, but made contact with his hand. It was clearly an unintentional handling and probably shouldn't have been rewarded with a red.
I spoke to one of my friends who is an official and he said that by rule, the straight red like that for handling would carry the 2 game suspension. I guess each case is slightly different and not really a one size fits all situation.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

4th n Goal wrote:
Buckeye24 wrote:Not to my knowledge.

I spoke to one of my friends who is an official and he said that by rule, the straight red like that for handling would carry the 2 game suspension. I guess each case is slightly different and not really a one size fits all situation.
If a player is issued a straight red then it's a red. 2 games out. There aren't different reds based on severity.
Unfortunately officials have difficulty interpreting the rules and are quick to do this or that because this is what the book says. I wasn't there and don't know if intentional or not. I don't think anyone should want to pull a red during a game but yet it seems like some zebras enjoy the opportunity.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The situation was a ball heading toward the goal and was an obvious handball which stopped a goal from going in. It wasn't one of the plays where he extended his arm out and caught it, but the "intentional" part of it is a tough call. The refs probably did the right thing and conferred with eachother before pulling out the red, but for a kid to miss 2 games for that is a little extreme.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

The rules said that it was considered the same as a double yellow and does not carry the same weight as a straight red. A double yellow doesn't result in the 2 game suspension, does it?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Buckeye24 wrote:The rules said that it was considered the same as a double yellow and does not carry the same weight as a straight red. A double yellow doesn't result in the 2 game suspension, does it?
A double yellow does not have a suspension. It was an immediate disqualification and the red card was shown, so I am not sure how that translates to a double yellow. Maybe they were just too lazy to show both cards...lol

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

From Monday, Minford girls 0 Russell girls 7
From tonight, Minford girls 4 Northwest girls 0

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

WhBurg JV- 6
Minford JV- 0

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Post by SHAQ25 »

Just looked at local schedule, not a lot of action going on around here tomorrow night. Looks like most teams are off before a busy next week on both the girls and boys sides.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West 2
Clay 1

Very balanced game on both ends.

Return to “Soccer”